Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Shitposting is not going to make the game stabilize. And some people who post here have probably not even played after (or in) open beta.

wow.
    Wow what? If you don't like what you're reading, then don't read it. Not that hard of concept.

Deleted
    Order Date: Nov 27, 2014
    Description: UPGRADE: Deluxe Edition

Whoop whoop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Order Date: Nov 27, 2014
    Description: UPGRADE: Deluxe Edition

Whoop whoop
    Awesome. You will probably get a bunch of cool stuff when it goes free to play for owning the deluxe version. I only have a normal copy but am hoping the same. Obviously not as much cool stuff you will get though when comparing deluxe vs standard.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Awesome. You will probably get a bunch of cool stuff when it goes free to play for owning the deluxe version. I only have a normal copy but am hoping the same. Obviously not as much cool stuff you will get though when comparing deluxe vs standard.
    I guess that's a nice way to say that the game will go F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Word, they'll probably give Deluxe Edition holders an extra helping of Carbine Points in a few months. Not a bad deal to upgrade now I suppose!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambala View Post
    Wildstar is a completely fascinating case study of an MMO, one that's ongoing and thus worthy of continued discussion.
    Agreed with this whole post.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Or you could do a case-study instead on how important a large budget for advertising is, and or what techniques might be needed outside of the design of a game to make the game succesful. An often overlooked concept in the gaming industry, every other industry already knows that publicity = success and that 'high quality' doesn't mean much if you can't make people aptly aware of your product.
    I don't believe increased publicity would have helped Wildstar. It may have led to higher initial numbers, but the end result would be the same percentage of subscriber loss (for all the reasons that have been discussed for hundreds of pages since beta).
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Been thinking about the upgrade for ages, plus just used my Tesco club points ( U.K store ) and got GW2 cheap, putting Tera on hold for a while, could have got WOD for £5 but it never had a free 30 days......£5 and no free time ? I honestly never knew you had to pay just to play for the first month....yikes what a rip-off!

Been thinking about the upgrade for ages, plus just used my Tesco club points ( U.K store ) and got GW2 cheap, putting Tera on hold for a while, could have got WOD for £5 but it never had a free 30 days......£5 and no free time ? I honestly never knew you had to pay just to play for the first month....yikes what a rip-off!
    https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/produc...n=wow-bf2014eu

Should read that part that says 30 days free game included. I know you don't like WoW but don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

Should read that part that says 30 days free game included. I know you don't like WoW but don't lie.
    You should do a double take oh what you linked and what mini was talking about
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Talking about WoW in the WildStar thread again. Just can't help yourself, can you?

Playing WoD and lovin' it
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

now show me the WOD advert with 30 days ??? because Tesco never even gave a hint

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You should do a double take oh what you linked and what mini was talking about
    You should then actually re-read what Mini said about WoD being 5$, then look it up on the same site I linked and realize "Holy shit, not possible!" That's the only 5$ deal with WoW.

now show me the WOD advert with 30 days ??? because Tesco never even gave a hint
    Expansions never came with 30 day free time, hun. Only the base game and battle chests.

You should then actually re-read what Mini said about WoD being 5$, then look it up on the same site I linked and realize "Holy shit, not possible!" That's the only 5$ deal with WoW.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/world-of...skuId=637-5950

Here you go

Well, I'm half right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Talking about WoW in the WildStar thread again. Just can't help yourself, can you?

Playing WoD and lovin' it
    We all talk about many games here....it's the my games better than yours posts we don't want!

tyvm for link zito

Deluxe upgrade mount....wicked

Was trying to find a good place to stop....but the whole world wanted to eat me
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-11-27 at 09:47 PM.

wtb tesco USA plz

10+ Year Old Account
    wtb tesco USA plz
    Tesco sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Either way, a handful of people (luckily it's only such a few number) are trying to use Wildstar as an example of as to why an exclusive endgame MMO design can't be succesful.
    I didn't say it couldn't be successful (albeit niche), only that the subscriber loss would be the same.

Wildstar's marketing was actually really great. The dev speak videos in particular made the game look incredibly enticing. Unfortunately, the game doesn't play like those videos. While additional advertising may have resulted in more sales, I still believe you'd have roughly the same percentage of subscriber loss from those who bought the game thinking it was going to be something it's not.

It is also my opinion that the aesthetic they chose to go with worked against them two-fold in not attracting enough hardcores and attracting too many 'casuals'.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I didn't say it couldn't be successful (albeit niche), only that the subscriber loss would be the same.

Wildstar's marketing was actually really great. The dev speak videos in particular made the game look incredibly enticing. Unfortunately, the game doesn't play like those videos. While additional advertising may have resulted in more sales, I still believe you'd have roughly the same percentage of subscriber loss from those who bought the game thinking it was going to be something it's not.

It is also my opinion that the aesthetic they chose to go with worked against them two-fold in not attracting enough hardcores and attracting too many 'casuals'.
    This. Advertising spot on. Delivery? False product, massive sugar coating, plain lies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Yep, the dev speak vids worked on me, made the game look like it was going to be fun and irreverant, but I didn't even make it past level 16 - I just found it too dull and grindy, too many quests that gave minimal XP. Shame really, I was looking for something to play over the summer to get to WoD but lasted less than a month.