Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    SWTOR survived because it was Star Wars simple as that, even without f2p the game would still survive. You basically need to sub to even enjoy the game to the fullest. F2P has nothing do with the games recent success. It survives because of the IP it is based off.

Wildstar is a new IP, but it is an interesting IP for sure. If SWTOR wasn't star wars it prbly be in the same situation as Wildstar as SWTOR was an unfinished broken game when it launched.
    Imagine SWTOR on the same engine as WS, one thing WS has going for it is the gameplay, something SWTOR doesn't have, it's a static mess of a game.
    Last edited by Trix; 2015-02-14 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    First day of the trial after coming back since Drop 2 was fun, mostly. Did almost the full Defile zone and dipped into some Veteran Shiphands. I'll probably graduate to Veteran Adventures since it seems all the Renown gear at the vendor isn't a upgrade for me. Tomorrow or Sunday i'll try the new Shiphand and OmniCore-1.

The only minus i've ran into is the deserted zones. Spent 3 hours on primetime spamming to try and get a group going for The Black Focus area of Defile and i got 1 other dude whispering back during that period. Seems to me like these 5 Man areas , like Blighthaven and The Defile have will be impossible to complete for new/returning players since people do it once and never go back there again it seems. Hopefully they'll find a way to incentivize going back there, or maybe convert them into Solo content once a new Drop comes.
    Yes that area could have future plans.It's a common misconception by some players that they need to do the 5 man open world content! If your not in a guild or playing with friends just walk on by, they will not effect your levelling or world story....they are purely there for group content, nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-02-14 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    I really miss the housing in this game, it was so much fun and now that they increased the build limit from 300 to 1000 I would like to try it out. Hope I'll get the 10 day free thing :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    I really miss the housing in this game, it was so much fun and now that they increased the build limit from 300 to 1000 I would like to try it out. Hope I'll get the 10 day free thing :>
    It should be available to everyone without active subscription, check your NCSoft account management?

Deleted
    Well, I didn't get any email so I went on my NCsoft account, and there was the "Start Free Trial" button but no other information about it. So I thought clicking it would bring up some information and confirmation if you want to proceed. But it just starts the 10 days immediately.
    So if you don't want to activate it right now, don't be stupid like me. (Image won't work for some reason)
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2015-02-14 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Yes that area could have future plans.It's a common misconception by some players that they need to do the 5 man open world content! If your not in a guild or playing with friends just walk on by, they will not effect your levelling or world story....they are purely there for group content, nothing more nothing less.
    Yeah but i'd like to do them nonetheless. I'll skip it for now though, for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Omnicore-1 was quite well done imo. Definitely the way i envisioned how "solo" dungeons should be. I especially like how you can have multiple paths to get to the end to spice it up in multiple runs.
    Last edited by Razael; 2015-02-14 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I actually think they've stemmed the tide somewhat with this expansion because of the refocus away from LFR. You can't get tier in LFR, you can't get cool models in LFR so people are biting the bullet a bit and doing normals. Prior to this expansion when LFR was a free loot bonanza where you could get set pieces proper raid guilds were dying off as was the population in general. I'd strongly suggest the video I linked by Mike Preech.
    Bull poop, people have been getting (and whining because they get) welfare epics since tbc, nothing has changed in this expansion, lfr raiders are getting the same ilevel as they had been getting since cata only now lfr is much easier and quicker. I'm sick to death of people like you that constantly whine about this type of stuff, just bloody shut the hell up play the game and enjoy it for what it is, otherwise try a different game.
    Last edited by Simca; 2015-02-14 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    The one character I want to play on is getting stuck on the login screen..

10+ Year Old Account
    Just activated my 10 day trial. Which EU server should I go for?

Deleted
    Jabbit. The other one is dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Just activated my 10 day trial. Which EU server should I go for?
    yes Jabbit and go EXILE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    yes Jabbit and go EXILE
    Or just roll Dominion so you can kill Aurin in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Bull poop, people have been getting (and whining because they get) welfare epics since tbc, nothing has changed in this expansion, lfr raiders are getting the same ilevel as they had been getting since cata only now lfr is much easier and quicker. I'm sick to death of people like you that constantly whine about this type of stuff, just bloody shut the hell up play the game and enjoy it for what it is, otherwise try a different game.
    I'm actually quite content with LFR not dropping set pieces. My only issue is that the cm daily gear was the same I-level when the challenge was miles beyond lfr. Let people have their shitty loot pinata in WoW, but that's not what damaged Wildstar.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone go Jabbit, so you can meet my Strain themed rabbit tree hugger char.

..7gig update ..zzzZZzzz :P
    I take that back, 15MB/sec fixes everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    ..7gig update ..zzzZZzzz :P
    I take that back, 15MB/sec fixes everything.
    I must have missed this mine took less than 3 seconds so guessing under 100MB. Must be the initial patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Imagine SWTOR on the same engine as WS, one thing WS has going for it is the gameplay, something SWTOR doesn't have, it's a static mess of a game.
    Oh I wish SWTOR had a better engine too, It would absolutely gorgeous I agree.

Wildstar gameplay is very engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    I must have missed this mine took less than 3 seconds so guessing under 100MB. Must be the initial patch!
    Yeah I think not playing for over half a year does that

Deleted
    My character is still getting stuck on the loading screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    My character is still getting stuck on the loading screen.
    Try logging in with a different character, that fixes the issue for some people. If that doesn't help just make a support ticket.