Deleted
    Challengue modes more difficult than Veteran Dungeon? Are you talking just to finish them or getting Gold in both?

I've never raided in WS but i think the main difference in terms of difficulty between wow and WS is that you're not spoon-fed by Carbine like Blizzard does with that meaningless "talent" system and by telling you in the tooltips "use skill Y after event X", in WS there is much more depth in skill customization thanks to skill points more than amp points, for example all frost mages in wow almost use the same talents and the same rotation, in ws you can customize skill points to find what fits best your playstile and the encounter you're facing by increasing the power of a specific skill and lowering another you find yourself using not very often, my endgame experience in WS is stuck at silver stormtalon for now but i remember how many times i changed my ability points to find the best setup.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I've never raided in WS but i think the main difference in terms of difficulty between wow and WS is that you're not spoon-fed by Carbine like Blizzard does with that meaningless "talent" system and by telling you in the tooltips "use skill Y after event X", in WS there is much more depth in skill customization thanks to skill points more than amp points, for example all frost mages in wow almost use the same talents and the same rotation, in ws you can customize skill points to find what fits best your playstile and the encounter you're facing by increasing the power of a specific skill and lowering another you find yourself using not very often, my endgame experience in WS is stuck at silver stormtalon for now but i remember how many times i changed my ability points to find the best setup.
    This is part of the reason why I love Wildstar. I've rerolled an esper the other day and found another esper using a completely different build from me. We both looked at each other and asked "Why aren't you doing this?" but we both accomplished the same goal. (He played more of an in your face melee build, while I was kiting and staying at range. Honestly think he was having more fun and I think i might try leveling using that skill set but the point being. It's very neat how much customization you can have with your class in this game over WoW.

Deleted
    I wouldn't want this to turn in game vs game but both WoW and Wildstar have their difficulties. I've done both gold dungeons in Wildstar pre-point system and done a few realm best CM gold runs in WoW and what I can conclude is that both are hard as f**king nails. The major difference is the timer here. The timer is extremely tight with challenge modes, however on the other hand gold dungeons in WS has some tight mechanically hard challenges (ie. dodge tornadoes while DPS'ing tornado boss).

It's possible to argue for either case, but I would just sum it up and say both are tough as nails at their highest difficulty. Raiding is much alike in that respect as well. Personally I prefer Wildstar's freedom of movement a lot more than WoW's currently (By that I mean mobility). Classes used to be pretty mobile back in MoP, but for some reason they drew back on that decision and made ranged immobile. Personally I feel as though it has made encounters a bit more stale since they're making encounters with that in mind. But this is just purely preference. Some people like being immobile and have to make decisions off of it, but as interesting as it sounds on paper, in execution I genuinely find it boring. Keep in mind I actually do raid in WoW currently 7/10 mythic (should be 8 soon) so it's not that I dislike WoW's raids at all.

There is a lot of tension between both games, but in all truth they're not that far a part. The thing I enjoy about Wildstar is that it's not trying to hold my hand throughout the entire experience. WoW used to be like this, but that has been changed with a more casual friendly approach which isn't a wrong thing. They've always tried to be the most casual and accesible game out of the bunch. That's what initially made so popular compared to it's competitor's (UO & EQ).

To sum up how I view the top difficulty in both games: I find both Wildstar and WoW to be damned hard as nails at the highest level of difficulty. Both are good games but for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    This is part of the reason why I love Wildstar. I've rerolled an esper the other day and found another esper using a completely different build from me. We both looked at each other and asked "Why aren't you doing this?" but we both accomplished the same goal. (He played more of an in your face melee build, while I was kiting and staying at range. Honestly think he was having more fun and I think i might try leveling using that skill set but the point being. It's very neat how much customization you can have with your class in this game over WoW.
    I'm rolling a lv25 esper now and i find melee build very good for soloing thanks to t5 psychic frenzy who provides a good heal when used on groups of mobs or on a mob in MoO
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You do WS a great disservice by comparing it to WOW. You should rather lift the bar. Say what you would like it to do. If a player ran out of things to do in a month in WoD (I did in a little over that as an example), how long would they last in WS? Does it have twice as much to do? You are better off speaking about all of the things you can do and giving an estimate of how much time people can spend on those things. That will give someone a very good idea of how long they can stay engrossed in the game.

Raiding in it's present form in WS is totally out of the equation for someone like me. Don't have the time for it. If the rest of the content was 3 weeks then why bother, if the rest of the content is 6 months, well, that's a different story. Obviously that's subjective but a player can very quickly get a feeling for things based on what speed that go through things in the beginning.
    I'm comparing its endgame to WoW because that's what most people are familiar with, especially here in this forum which is devoted mainly to Blizzard games. I don't really know how much longer it'll keep any player, because everyone's threshold for repetition, playtime and level of engagement with their characters and the game's activities is very different. I'd compare the volume of dungeon content at the level cap to WoW if I could, but I bailed on WoW last March, so I don't know how much of it you get with WoD.

I can't begin to estimate how long the game is going to keep another player engaged. For my part, I'm probably going to be at it for another month or two just getting the character I'm currently playing to the cap so I can get back into vet shiphands. I'm having a good time leveling it up for about an hour a night and doing other stuff in the balance, and once I can put a bunker on his plot I'll be building on that for another couple of months at least. The game has enough to keep me playing until around Halloween, I reckon, and if I'm ever able to log in reliably enough to do group content, it may have me for better than another year. Salt that to taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    I'm comparing its endgame to WoW because that's what most people are familiar with, especially here in this forum which is devoted mainly to Blizzard games. I don't really know how much longer it'll keep any player, because everyone's threshold for repetition, playtime and level of engagement with their characters and the game's activities is very different. I'd compare the volume of dungeon content at the level cap to WoW if I could, but I bailed on WoW last March, so I don't know how much of it you get with WoD.

I can't begin to estimate how long the game is going to keep another player engaged. For my part, I'm probably going to be at it for another month or two just getting the character I'm currently playing to the cap so I can get back into vet shiphands. I'm having a good time leveling it up for about an hour a night and doing other stuff in the balance, and once I can put a bunker on his plot I'll be building on that for another couple of months at least. The game has enough to keep me playing until around Halloween, I reckon, and if I'm ever able to log in reliably enough to do group content, it may have me for better than another year. Salt that to taste.
    Comparisons are also based on opinion so there is no difference between saying "raids are more fun than wow" or "you should be able to spend 10 hours doing dungeons". The second one, at least if you give a full list of everything you can do along with some time estimates provides far more information than the first. It might also open up the eyes of some of the people here who say that there is plenty to do for casual players while they spend all of their time raiding. A list like:

Leveling - 40 hours
    X - 5-10 hours
    Y - 10 hours (should be able to run all three paths three times)
    Raiding - 250 hours
    Housing - unlimited

This goes a long way to showing what people can do and how much time they can expect those things to take.

Deleted
    Just stop it with all this compare rubbish....Wildstar is now above all that, it's on another planet in more ways than one

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Is Wildstar free yet? I'm so bored of wow
    It's not free, but it is free.

They gave out a 10 day trial, I used that as a returning player to level up an Esper. I play casually maybe 3 hours a day after work (been 4 days now) the leveling is much faster, granted I know where to go and what to do but I am still reading all the logs and having fun with the lore. I'm nearly level 25 (of 50).

Then you can buy credd which is game time, I hear they go for around 25 platinum which you can earn quite easily through dungeon grinds and such. So if you rush your 10 day trial and buy credd. You could play for free! (sort of) lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Just stop it with all this compare rubbish....Wildstar is now above all that, it's on another planet in more ways than one
    They need to add like buttons to MMO Champ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Is Wildstar free yet? I'm so bored of wow
    https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

Deleted

Deleted

Deleted
    You can get a Lopp as a pet.

I'm so done with this game

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh man, I cant wait to see what the season 2 pvp armor looks like. I am loving the faction differences for the weapons hope they do it with armor too.

Deleted
    The new daily zone is amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The f2p planet maybe.
    Not had a troll in the thread for a while.....Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Not had a troll in the thread for a while.....Welcome
    W* will never be above comparison nor any other game. It's great to be positive, just don't be delusional.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    These minipets are so cute :3

Absolutely amazing changes coming up on PTR as far as I saw in 2 hours of running around. They are adding a contract system that rewards stuff based on how many points you gather (up to raid tier gear)

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    These minipets are so cute :3
    Are those... things... those spider things the mini pets? And you think they are cute? What is wrong with you man?! They have lobster claws!