10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I for one can't believe just when the games population is growing, Carbine would be so daft and stupid not to squash the rumour unless it's true!

We have had a few strange sized DL on patch days that seem a lot bigger than the content.
    It won't grow fast or large enough by just adding content, it needs a boom and a payment model change can bring that boom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Proof please. And not anecdotal either.
    Without official numbers from Carbine nothing I say means anything, I also can't prove there is a God yet my faith tells me there is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Hopped on wild star for a bit again, it's still a fun game to play, but I can only seem to like it for like an hour a day at most. It's just so... Over the top about certain things, the dialogue and effects lol.

It's definetely a top four mmo for me gameplay wise. Only major issue I have is the pvp is just ghastly bad (in my opinion)
    There is a huge PvP patch in May

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Without official numbers from Carbine nothing I say means anything, I also can't prove there is a God yet my faith tells me there is
    wow lmfao.... I just don't even know what to say to that. Faith.. HAHA
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Well here we go again, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi pulled WildStar retail copies from shelves in Australia:
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/1...tralian-stores

The exact same thing happened to Elder Scrolls Online about 2 weeks prior to announcing B2P. Even though they claimed it was part of a 'normal stock recall' the rumours turned out to be true.
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/0...rom-all-stores

So I guess this more or less confirms that WildStar is going to undergo some changes to the business model in the coming weeks. I'm going to start speculating on things that could happen and coincide with the retail copies getting pulled from shelves. I'm not going to include simple B2P because retail copies would still be required to sell and that is kind of off the table now.

- Go B2P with a soft relaunch and marketing push like Tamriel Unlimited.
    - Go completely classic style F2P, supported by microtransactions.
    - Carbine studios ceasing to exist as a company due to not generating enough cash flow to cover their operating expenses.

Damn i do not know what i wanna do with my life.

I have been playing WoW since 2009 and i just think it is time for something new. At first sight i didnt like Wildstars style at all but now i am into the 10 days trial and i actually like it a lot. so fast phased, movement and all. If what you say is true, should i keep playing the game or is it doomed when going f2p? (maybe we dont know since we dont know what is going to be in the cash shop )

or i will go into a more slow phased game, yet movement FFXIV. problem is that it feels like the game is too casual..

advice

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    should i keep playing the game or is it doomed when going f2p?
    No game has been doomed from going F2P. Don't allow rumor mongers without proper data to provide this false narrative to create a disillusioned belief for you. If you enjoy the game, don't stop playing. The game will only improve if it transitions to a new model as it will a) receive a large influx of players to enjoy the game with b)provide bursts of revenue to fund better development and c) provide a long term safety net to keep the game active for a long time to come.

Wildstar will flourish with a new model, much as the recent games have in similar transitions. If they follow industry standards, you will be compensated in some fashion for the time you've subbed prior to the transition so there's no reason to stop playing and wait out a change if you like the game right now. (ignore everything after this for your bit of advice)

Edit: Wow Carbine. What a sketch-ass move. Selling random special items included with box purchases, but people who have already bought the game don't even get one. Then they go on to tell you to just keep buying more boxes for your account.

Do they think the people left paying for their game are morons? W-the-flipping-F? Get that last money grab before you go F2P.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-04-15 at 04:39 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I think it's a official way to support the credd system more than anything! From a business point of view it's a smart move from Carbine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    No game has been doomed from going F2P. Don't allow rumor mongers without proper data to provide this false narrative to create a disillusioned belief for you. If you enjoy the game, don't stop playing. The game will only improve if it transitions to a new model as it will a) receive a large influx of players to enjoy the game with b)provide bursts of revenue to fund better development and c) provide a long term safety net to keep the game active for a long time to come.

Wildstar will flourish with a new model, much as the recent games have in similar transitions. If they follow industry standards, you will be compensated in some fashion for the time you've subbed prior to the transition so there's no reason to stop playing and wait out a change if you like the game right now. (ignore everything after this for your bit of advice)

Edit: Wow Carbine. What a sketch-ass move. Selling random special items included with box purchases, but people who have already bought the game don't even get one. Then they go on to tell you to just keep buying more boxes for your account.

Do they think the people left paying for their game are morons? W-the-flipping-F? Get that last money grab before you go F2P.

What i am afraid of is that i get to 50, stand there and be like '' Hellooooooo (echo , echo, echo ) and then i have wasted the time because i cant find a guild to pve with

10+ Year Old Account
    What i am afraid of is that i get to 50, stand there and be like '' Hellooooooo (echo , echo, echo ) and then i have wasted the time because i cant find a guild to pve with
    The people currently playing say the raiding scene is doing well, but I can't vouch for that as the last time I played about a month or two ago it was a barren wasteland...I am a primarily solo player these days, so take that for what it's worth. I can guarantee more people will be playing if they do a transition than there is now. Every single game to transition has seen a huge uptick in concurrent users/accounts/and things like that.

That being said, we have no actual announcement the game is transitioning and there have been signs it needed it for some time. I know it's a slightly stressful feeling to wonder if the proverbial rug will be pulled from under you, but I'd recommend simply doing what is fun. I'd also start looking for a guild right now, that way you know what's going on...you know? Don't wait until you are cap, find a guild that is doing end game stuff right now and go for it.

Personal differences with them aside, there are plenty of people in this thread who might be able to direct you to guilds of this nature like Mini or Acid. I don't think Acid plays anymore, but they were in a dedicated raiding guild on EU I believe before stopping. The official forums are also a good resource for this stuff.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I just get the feeling they don't want to make the transition in the first year, as you get a lot of flack for that.

Fingers crossed there is an announcement within the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Well here we go again, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi pulled WildStar retail copies from shelves in Australia:
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/1...tralian-stores

The exact same thing happened to Elder Scrolls Online about 2 weeks prior to announcing B2P. Even though they claimed it was part of a 'normal stock recall' the rumours turned out to be true.
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/01/0...rom-all-stores

So I guess this more or less confirms that WildStar is going to undergo some changes to the business model in the coming weeks. I'm going to start speculating on things that could happen and coincide with the retail copies getting pulled from shelves. I'm not going to include simple B2P because retail copies would still be required to sell and that is kind of off the table now.

- Go B2P with a soft relaunch and marketing push like Tamriel Unlimited.
    - Go completely classic style F2P, supported by microtransactions.
    - Carbine studios ceasing to exist as a company due to not generating enough cash flow to cover their operating expenses.
    If you are going B2P then you don't try and flog your boxes (http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ery-box-promo/). That's the sort of thing you do before you go F2P because the price of the boxes will inevitably go up on a B2P transition. Presently WS is $21.99 on Amazon. That would definitely change if they were to go B2P as there is no point in discounting the box any more.

It's probably 90% guaranteed that it's going B2P or F2P very soon. I invented that percentage completely but there's no denying what the best possible route is and what all evidence is pointing towards. What would they be thinking if they continued the subscription? You're a business, you want to make money. Nothing else will work.

You know, the funny thing is that if they came out and said that it was going B2P on some date then I would buy 3 copies today. F2P is something that I am much more circumspect with and would only look at it once I know what the full model will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for B2P, their selling trying to finish off the physical copies & than transition to digital. I hate f2p & behind just Wildstar behind if it goes f2p honestly.

I do believe that ESO is digital for PC & Physical for Console.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You know, the funny thing is that if they came out and said that it was going B2P on some date then I would buy 3 copies today. F2P is something that I am much more circumspect with and would only look at it once I know what the full model will be.
    Agreed, I did that with ESO, the morning they announced B2P I bought a copy for 23 bucks instantly from G2A, 2 hours later those copies were 60 bucks. I acted quick, but f2p I prbly unistall Wildstar & never look back as it would than be over for me personally.

Deleted
    Wildstar Standard Edition CD-KEY EU 17 euros, incl a 30 days time ofc. i think i should buy it instead of waiting out my 10 days trial

10+ Year Old Account

This is the same thing TERA did, you got a mount for buying a physical copy. I do think that subs should get a nice reward for sticking around before the new model transition though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    This is the same thing TERA did, you got a mount for buying a physical copy. I do think that subs should get a nice reward for sticking around before the new model transition though.
    No it's actually not the same thing. TERA rewarded all players retroactively and it was guaranteed rewards. You should read their actual release about this.

1) Not retroactive. If you already bought the game, oh well...go buy more copies.
    2) It's for a gamble box, you could buy 3 and get the same thing three times. Their answer? Go buy more copies.
    3) Character bound, not account bound.
    4) Only physical boxes count.

I could go on. This is NOTHING like Tera's transition which rewarded all 'founders' with a special mount, extra character slots, etc.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar Standard Edition CD-KEY EU 17 euros, incl a 30 days time ofc. i think i should buy it instead of waiting out my 10 days trial
    Well it prbly wont happen for a couple days or maybe a month, But I think you should drop it. Just incase you never know.

ESO dropped it 6 month sub option in December & January announced B2P. So who knows when the announcement will come.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's actually not the same thing. TERA rewarded all players retroactively and it was guaranteed rewards. You should read their actual release about this.

1) Not retroactive. If you already bought the game, oh well...go buy more copies.
    2) It's for a gamble box, you could buy 3 and get the same thing three times. Their answer? Go buy more copies.
    This is what I was talking about: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/b...-an-epic-mount

It is like it, but not 100% as this is a just a chance at 1 of 3 items. But in the sense buying a boxed copy you get a reward.

4) Only physical boxes count.

I could go on. This is NOTHING like Tera's transition which rewarded all 'founders' with a special mount, extra character slots, etc.
    It really really feels to me like a way to clear stock in the shops. That can only mean F2P.