10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    It really really feels to me like a way to clear stock in the shops. That can only mean F2P.
    Well let's hope it isn't f2p & they just want to handle copies digitally.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Whew. I thought you had lost your mind for a sec. Ok, so it's still slightly better b/c it wasn't a chance. You knew exactly what you were getting. Still crappy, but better.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Whew. I thought you had lost your mind for a sec. Ok, so it's still slightly better b/c it wasn't a chance. You knew exactly what you were getting. Still crappy, but better.
    Oh I will lose my mind if f2p is announced, but ya I knew from the start what I was saying. Just hoping you caught on after I posted the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Well let's hope it isn't f2p & they just want to handle copies digitally.
    I am still haunted from when I looked at the SWTOR F2P model. Most F2P models are nothing more than a F2P to get people into the world and a sub for anything more serious. B2P, on the other hand, doesn't have a sub so all citizens are first class citizens. With CREDD, you obviously have a way for F2P players to become sub players but that's just shifting who is actually paying for the sub.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2015-04-15 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still haunted from when I looked at the SWTOR F2P model. Most F2P models are nothing more than a F2P to get people into the world and a sub for anything more serious. B2P, on the other hand, doesn't have a sub so all citizens are first class citizens.
    SWTOR f2p is the least of my worries. My biggest worries is what a f2p turns into after it doesn't succeed 1st, 2nd or 3rd time.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-04-15 at 07:02 PM.

I am still haunted from when I looked at the SWTOR F2P model. Most F2P models are nothing more than a F2P to get people into the world and a sub for anything more serious. B2P, on the other hand, doesn't have a sub so all citizens are first class citizens.
    Some do this, some don't. SWTOR is especially bad, but you pretty much picked the worst offender. Plenty of games don't shit on F2P players as much while still encouraging a sub (DCUO, LOTRO, EQ2 etc.), and plenty more either flat out don't have a subscription (Aion, L2, Vindictus) or have a subscription that only provides buffs/boosts rather than access to anything (Rift, Defiance, STO etc.)

Functionally, the monetization of F2P and B2P games doesn't vary that much. I wouldn't' expect a cash shop in WildStar (if it made a transition) to differ much regardless of which business model they may choose (if they change). Box price revenue is a nice spike, but it's not a longterm source of revenue, that's the cash shop. That's where the primary monetization focus is put.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some do this, some don't. SWTOR is especially bad, but you pretty much picked the worst offender. Plenty of games don't shit on F2P players as much while still encouraging a sub (DCUO, LOTRO, EQ2 etc.), and plenty more either flat out don't have a subscription (Aion, L2, Vindictus) or have a subscription that only provides buffs/boosts rather than access to anything (Rift, Defiance, STO etc.)

Functionally, the monetization of F2P and B2P games doesn't vary that much. I wouldn't' expect a cash shop in WildStar (if it made a transition) to differ much regardless of which business model they may choose (if they change). Box price revenue is a nice spike, but it's not a longterm source of revenue, that's the cash shop. That's where the primary monetization focus is put.
    Ok, I was wrong with my "most F2P" then. I just went and looked back at SWTOR and still can't believe how bad F2P is in that game. As I said before, if F2P is the chosen route then I would only consider it based on what F2P implementation they use. The old saying still rings true. If you are not paying for the product then you are the product. With B2P, you are at least paying for the product to a certain extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I was wrong with my "most F2P" then. I just went and looked back at SWTOR and still can't believe how bad F2P is in that game. As I said before, if F2P is the chosen route then I would only consider it based on what F2P implementation they use. The old saying still rings true. If you are not paying for the product then you are the product. With B2P, you are at least paying for the product to a certain extent.
    SWTOR to me aint bad, I do dislike having to buy passes for raids or pvp as a f2p player. But other than that it is fine for leveling, you get xp boosts while leveling. End game is really the only part that suffers. There is only comestics, mounts & pets on the shop. No power or gear related on the shop which is a good thing. Unlike other f2ps that sell power & gear.

I personally wouldn't call SWTOR the worse f2p.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-04-15 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    Well we had a picture posted here a while back....but now
    https://youtu.be/uUEivpZ34Ho

https://youtu.be/23DGcqyKZ3g

- - - Updated - - -

ARE YOU THE TYPE WHO FREQUENTLY HAS QUESTIONS? WE'VE FREQUENTLY GOT ANSWERS!
    Q: What if I’ve already bought WildStar?

A: This is only for boxes sold from today forward, so go out and get a box today!

Q: Can I buy more than one box and redeem codes on my account?

A: Yes! You can redeem as many codes as you want, as long as they come from standard edition boxed copies.

Q: Are the items tradable?

A: Yes, and you can even sell them on the auction house.

Q: Are the items character-bound, or account-bound?

A: They are character-bound. When you apply one to your character, it is no longer shareable with your other characters (although you can still trade it).

Q: What about digital codes? Or the Steel Box Deluxe Edition?

A: Sadly, no. Only the standard edition boxed copy contains the Mystery Box Promotion items.

Q: What if someone who doesn’t own WildStar buys multiple copies? Will each box redeem for an item?

A: Yes! Whether or not you have an existing account, each box you buy from today until the promotion ends will get you one of the three items.

Q: Do I get guest passes with these purchases?

A: No. We no longer give out guest passes.

Q: If I buy more than one boxed copy, will I get 30 days of game time for each copy?

A: Yes! Game time from boxed copies stacks, so if you buy two copies, you will get 60 days of game time, three copies, 90 days of game time, etc.

Unless they are going hybrid B2P.....they seem to be in no rush

Would've bought if I could've picked which toy I got; not paying $40 per box for a chance of a hamster mount.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes; this does appear to be preceding some sort of marketing transition. They wouldn't be doing this unless they had a surplus of boxes they needed to get rid of immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    And yes; this does appear to be preceding some sort of marketing transition. They wouldn't be doing this unless they had a surplus of boxes they needed to get rid of immediately.
    Most likely, yes. But I mean, I can still find boxes for games like DCUO, Age of Conan, Aion, and a few others in some shops around where I live. It's not like they have to get rid of them all or something.

But I agree, between the report on the games being pulled from the shelves at EB games and this, it does seem a hell of a lot like something is coming.

Deleted
    I am just level 17 and do not a lot about the game. still playing the trial version but hey, PVE server EU in city . http://i.imgur.com/UUnX5yE.png

i mean that is just in that place i am at that moment. think that is decent? i mean that is about the amount of people you see in WoW Stormshield. doesn't look as dead as people say

(pending between 100-140 players just at the place i am at ) . notice the time. 23.20 on a weekday

- - - Updated - - -

is Wildstar kind of bad optimized ? in dungeons i get 100+ fps but i can be in the world in the middle of nowhere and struggling to even keep 50 fps. all view ranged and draw distance and so on are on medium and so are my other graphics. you can see my PC below

edit: okey it seems like i get stuck on that low fps , then when i restart the game i am at the same place with 100 fps instead of 50. strange?
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2015-04-15 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try disabling SLI, see if it's causing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    i mean that is just in that place i am at that moment. think that is decent? i mean that is about the amount of people you see in WoW Stormshield. doesn't look as dead as people say

(pending between 100-140 players just at the place i am at ) . notice the time. 23.20 on a weekday
    Considering that PvP servers are supposedly completely dead, this is the ONLY server in your region. Is 100 people online in the entirety of US/EU a healthy amount? You're saying it's as much as in Stormshield in WoW, but in WoW you only see people from one battlegroup there (and there's like 10 battlegroups each in EU and US), and Stormshield is not even the main hub - tons of people still stick to Shrines, SW/Org, and then there's quite a few hipsters in the other capital cities - but the grand majority of players stick to their garrison while not raiding/PvPing/whatever. In Wildstar you get the choice between the capitals and your house.

So yeah, answer for yourself if that is decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    edit: okey it seems like i get stuck on that low fps , then when i restart the game i am at the same place with 100 fps instead of 50. strange?
    The game tends to lose some FPS when you kill stuff or alt-tab few times.

Doing a /reloadui always fixes the fps if it starts going down.

Guess its an issue with some part of the game collecting data and starting to lag once the list is too large (I know combat log does that)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    but the grand majority of players stick to their garrison while not raiding/PvPing/whatever. In Wildstar you get the choice between the capitals and your house.
    What makes you think that the "grand majority of players" in WildStar don't stick to their houses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Edit: Wow Carbine. What a sketch-ass move. Selling random special items included with box purchases, but people who have already bought the game don't even get one. Then they go on to tell you to just keep buying more boxes for your account.

Do they think the people left paying for their game are morons? W-the-flipping-F? Get that last money grab before you go F2P.
    People who bought the game at launch have got various "subscriber bonus items". They can pay 12€ for a new game "box copy" to get these new promotion items AND 30 days of gametime. It actually is cheaper than subbing for a month, I don't see a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    People who bought the game at launch have got various "subscriber bonus items".
    That's completely irrelevant. The lock box toys Carbine just threw away with the new offer are unobtainable for anyone who bought earlier without paying more, sub bonus or not.

They can pay 12€ for a new game "box copy" to get these new promotion items AND 30 days of gametime.
    Boxes in the US still cost $40. If EU can get one for that cheap, I call business malpractice. *cackles* POINT BEING: It's NOT CHEAPER and Carbine is saying; "Oh yeah! You bought the game earlier, so you don't get these cool toys were throwing in now! If you want them, go buy the game AGAIN!", in addition to said items being a random droprate (as said earlier; they literally made their surplus boxed copies lock boxes).

Deleted
    That's completely irrelevant. The lock box toys Carbine just threw away with the new offer are unobtainable for anyone who bought earlier without paying more, sub bonus or not.
    They are tradeable. Prices seem to be around 50 plat for item (2 credd)

Boxes in the US still cost $40. If EU can get one for that cheap, I call business malpractice.
    Someone mentoined Amazon selling the game for around 20$
    And then there is sites like G2A that sell games at very low prices.

They are tradeable. Prices seem to be around 50 plat for item (2 credd)
    Still irrelevant! Expecting people to grind for something that should've been retroactively applied to their account by default doesn't vindicate Carbine's actions.

Someone mentoined Amazon selling the game for around 20$
    http://www.amazon.com/Wildstar-PC/dp/B00JB6P7FW

Still pretty expensive

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Without official numbers from Carbine nothing I say means anything, I also can't prove there is a God yet my faith tells me there is
    This is the worse arguement I have seen in ages. Dosen't matter if the population is growing or not now. The game has gone on way to long without making them a profit. The fact the game isn't in maintenance mode is amazing. I hope it dose get a f2p or b2p model and not shutdown but I guess we will find out soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they literally made their surplus boxed copies lock boxes
    And if we follow this logic, they basically said their game isn't valuable enough unless they turn it into a cash shop gamble box. Wildstar isn't a good enough product without adding a gambling mechanism. This isn't my opinion. This is Carbine's methodology.

f.u.b.a.r.
    BAD WOLF