Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Weren't you the one complaining about people bringing other games into this conversation : 3 Let's not be that which we criticize.
    Did you notice this just now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I just assumed that the mats for set bonuses dropped from raids or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Lol, I just assumed that the mats for set bonuses dropped from raids or something.
    The low ones can be bought, the higher ones can be farmed every level 50 mob drops a certain sign or item needed to craft them.

http://www.jabbithole.com/tradeskills/runecrafting-22

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    *snip*
    I just assumed you had some juicy insider info. Not like I expected it to be revealed even so. I assume they would want news outlets to have the details prior to doing the transition so they can have flashy articles all over the place. I'll keep being patient!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Yo guise after the recent WoW banwave a lot of people on the affiliated website express interest in moving to W*

Wot do you MMO Champions think.
    Is it a blessing for this scarcely populated Game or are former Botters rather unwelcome guests?
    Most of them will just keep botting in Wildstar until their suspension in WoW runs out or until banned in Wildstar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Yo guise after the recent WoW banwave a lot of people on the affiliated website express interest in moving to W*

Wot do you MMO Champions think.
    Is it a blessing for this scarcely populated Game or are former Botters rather unwelcome guests?
    Botters are alwats unwelcome guests. Wildstar was filled with botters at launch who kept flying around the world and mining every node and cutting every tree.
    Also the PvP bots that kept moving in a pre-defined path and did fuck all in the BGs. Since then they've been very efficient at disposing of said botters, but I'm not sure what that affiliated website can mix up to work their way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Honestly, if the F2P transition rumor is true, I think the official announcement will be this week. But that's just my best guess based on various factors
    Agreed. With rumors about, now is by far the best possible time to announce, else they lose steam (no pun intended) and look like idiots.

WildStar is showing steady growth of activity on Xfire since late April.

http://social.xfire.com/games/wldstr
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But to that point, that's a fair argument to make. But at the same time, one game still has 7M subscribers, the other is most likely under 50k. Carbine doesn't have the built in massive fanbase/loyal following that Blizzard has with WoW to allow them to make similar mistakes.
    I don't think it's just WOW. I get the feeling that a lot of the companies that build progression based MMO's are running into the similar problems of late. I heard that people had seen a drop in the number of SWTOR players. This is obviously hearsay. I think that players are wanting a bit more from these MMO's than the past.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I think that players are wanting a bit more from these MMO's than the past.
    I just think more people are playing more games at one time than ever before. We've evolved from a time where we bought a new console game and played the mess out of it in the first week until it was beaten, then we bought a new game. Maybe we would replay an old game here and there, other games we only played when our friends spent the night or people were over.

Then came the dawn of EQ and then WoW where we traded away all of our other games to play nonstop MMOs for years. This was the age of pixel crack, where we lived just to get one more level.

Now we've come to a day where we buy 50+ cheap games a year and try to play 3-8 MMOs, many of which are free. I can't speak for everyone, but for me it's the fact that having less time in real life heightens your video game time where you feel your gamer life flashing before your eyes and you must play everything before you or the game dies.

PLAY ALL THE GAMES.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    -snip-
    Pretty much my situation too. We have so much options in our hands, which is a very good thing for us. I probably played more MMOs in the past few months than I played between 2004-2011. And even more single player games.

Loving the game buffet. The bar at the bottom of my screen is filled with games to choose from.

Deleted
    24 seconds of why MMO's are the best thing ever

https://youtu.be/rfUs6dK3-KM

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post

In the words of one such commenter...

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor DasMoose
    This terrifies me.
    Truly.

Deleted

Woah I can actually see frames in that video D:

- - - Updated - - -

Carbine doing downtime rewards right, current subscribers get a pet.

Last edited by mmoce999cbc98d; 2015-05-19 at 01:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    Woah I can actually see frames in that video D:

- - - Updated - - -

Carbine doing downtime rewards right, current subscribers get a pet.

20 minutes later, if you could count up to 4 you could count them

Love our new free $10 F2P pet ^^

Love our new free $10 F2P pet ^^
    You're trying to start another off topic argument I see. Sad this game is poisoned by people like you. Worse than us doom cheerleaders.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You're trying to start another off topic argument I see. Sad this game is poisoned by people like you. Worse than us doom cheerleaders.
    Lol must admit your post lost me. What have I done to upset you this time ?

1) me and N1ppe having friendly player to player banter
    2) me guessing pets will cost $10 when the game goes F2P
    3) Or just me being happy Carbine rewarded us with a free pet

10+ Year Old Account

Report her and be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account

My guess is number 2.

He thought you were having a dig at this other game that charges you money for pets, when subs get it free in WS.

I can see why Zito could think that, but since you worded it "$10 F2P pet", I think he is wrong in this case.