10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    I was 12 when I started WoW lol xD was the best experience ever especially because it was vanilla, started few months after launch because of high school starting haha only just quit few months ago so excited for Wildstar, watched that guy zybaktv's video it's not really breaking NDA he's just airing his thoughts about the 2nd stress test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RS1...ature=youtu.be

also - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knJm...tu.be&t=17m40s (not sure if breaking NDA but it's on youtube soo, also his voice is kinda annoying lol)
    Since even saying you've been invited is breaking the NDA? Zybak is breaking the non-disclosure agreement. The second one is footage from March. It was on the flash drive Carbine was handing out at PAX. If I'm recalling correctly.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    That's why it's tricky for blizzard as well, most people already tried wow... so most of the fresh audience they can find is around newly dinged 12-year olds.
    It's even more complex for Blizzard as they over the years have change direction with the game so drastically that they abandoned/pissed off/annoyed a fair few player along the way, players that loved the game for what it was but hated it for what it became.

If targeting old WoW players is good or bad for Carbine depends largely if they aim to satisfy the need of that group, needs they can't satisfy in WoW anymore. The only thing that will kill or beat WoW (besides Blizzard them selfs) is a game that is good enough to pull players in and keep them entertained enough, most games that tried to take a piece of the pie just cloned WoW and failed to make the game more "fun" and engaging.

Id prefer not to hear about Wildstar being the next "WoW-Killer" For one: We have seen that WoW will NOT be killed, and Two: This simply brings out the trolls from under the bridges in the world. No need for that.

The comparison to Vanilla Wow is also bad for the game. Very bad. Yes WildStar has 20 man and 40 man raids... that is it for the comparisons.

Vanilla WoW was epic, yes. But the game-play and mechanics of that time SUCKED compared to this day and age, and that is simply because MMOs have evolved. Telling people that Wildstar will be like vanilla WoW is just silly, and it could lose them subs/players/boxes sold.

I loved Vanilla WoW, yes. However, if I were to compare it to say Burning Crusade or WotLK, it wouldn't be hard to pick at all. The later versions of WoW were balanced better and the features/mechanics/options for classes were much better.

**This is something that scares me about Wildstar***

I love being able to play a Balance Druid that could dps and in emergencies I could heal too. The flexibility with 8-10 skills can hinder a players ability. If I am a smart druid, I am prepared for anything- I should be rewarded for wanting to come up with some clutch heals, but the 8-10 skill set may not promote being clutch.

However, I highly doubt that one would need more than 6 dps abilities. So we should be able to have some support/heals.

This type of play was seen more in Burning Crusade then Vanilla or now, because now in WoW it isn't hard to stay alive as a healer and they are pretty OP......but..... As a Balance Druid, I had to be geared out like no other to compete with the other dps classes, and even if I couldn't keep up because of bad balancing, I could always help in case healers drop!

<--- Plans to play a SpellSlinger. Want to be able to be CLUTCH (;
    Last edited by Sakorath67; 2013-06-08 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    Id prefer not to hear about Wildstar being the next "WoW-Killer" For one: We have seen that WoW will NOT be killed, and Two: This simply brings out the trolls from under the bridges in the world. No need for that.
    Fol rol de ol rol.

People tend to oversimplify things when they compare MMOs. They also tend to glaze over all the stupid shit about vanilla WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Fol rol de ol rol.

People tend to oversimplify things when they compare MMOs. They also tend to glaze over all the stupid shit about vanilla WoW.
    Yeah, I mean I can talk to Vanilla WoW players about 40 mans (since they do have that in common) and here are the two main responses: Oh God, not again. Or Hell yes I miss em.

That being said, Wildstar may be able to pull of 40 mans.

It is hard to get 40 people on at the same time, yes. But if we look at vanilla wow.... how many people were trying to play that game on freaking toasters?! I mean honestly...The advancement of PCs and internet connection/sustainability really helps with the overall nightmare.

But will that be enough? We shall see. I do hope 40 mans become popular in WildStar... be a real shame to see so much content become wasted because getting 40 folks together at one time is a little tough.

I will most likely roll the 20 man route. However, to see all the content I believe one has to participate in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation View Post
    Massively just posted a rather confusingly titled news article:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...rowd-says-dev/
    Now I'm even more skeptical about Wildstar.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Now I'm even more skeptical about Wildstar.
    Wasn't it obvious the game will try to target both ex and still active WoW players, as well as new ones? I believe they can actually make it, people are fed up with WoW. Wildstar looks like it's going to stir things up in the genre.

Deleted
    This statement only reinforces my main doubt about Wildstar. From what I have been reading they aren't only trying to appeal to the ex-WoW veterans, but every possible MMO player no matter what his preferences are . I mean Wildstar seems to want to appeal to people who want big raids, people who want small raids, people who want larger scale pvp (warplots), people who want smaller scale pvp (arenas), people who wants to play solo, people who want minigames (scientist and explorer path), people who want to build/customize with a little sandboxy flavor (housing/settler) and probably I'm forgetting some other types of players they are trying to appeal to.

I'm rooting for Carbine and I hope they can deliver something that appeal to all those kind of players, but they are taking a big risk here as they can easily spread themselves too thin and deliver a sort of jack-of-all-trades kind of game where everything is good/decent, but no feature really sets it apart except the large amount of different features.

Though, all he said is that they wanted to attract ex wow players. No read flag there. Stephen Frost never said they want to kill WoW..... people just put words in his mouth, and when people start saying something is a WoW killer....Trolls come...... However, everyone knows WoW is losing subs, Blizzard knows it, We know it, and Carbine knows it. Carbine is just being honest when they state they are trying to get an audience that has become tired of WoW. People get tired of WoW... Remember?. That isn't anything to be skeptical about. What is to be skeptical about is peoples' loose terming of considering this vanilla WoW.

Now, the article writer is trying to make it seem that Stephen Frost said Wildstar would be a WoW killer, but all he really said is that they are making some different, and that they have the opportunity to please a crowd that has become dissatisfied with WoW. People are blowing this way out of proportion.........

People need to calm down.... This is obviously the fault of massively for making it seem Stephan Frost was stating they are trying to TAKE WoW's subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Wasn't it obvious the game will try to target both ex and still active WoW players, as well as new ones? I believe they can actually make it, people are fed up with WoW. Wildstar looks like it's going to stir things up in the genre.
    Nothing is obvious, not until I've tried the game myself. But I'm someone who doesn't enjoy the new WoW, the old WoW nor the 'middle' WoW. I want something new and unique. The statements made by Frost isn't comforting me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

How dare you talk about Wildstar and WoW. How dare you compare Wildstar and WoW. Don't you know that they are SEPARATE and DIFFERENT games!

/sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    This statement only reinforces my main doubt about Wildstar. From what I have been reading they aren't only trying to appeal to the ex-WoW veterans, but every possible MMO player no matter what his preferences are . I mean Wildstar seems to want to appeal to people who want big raids, people who want small raids, people who want larger scale pvp (warplots), people who want smaller scale pvp (arenas), people who wants to play solo, people who want minigames (scientist and explorer path), people who want to build/customize with a little sandboxy flavor (housing/settler) and probably I'm forgetting some other types of players they are trying to appeal to.
    Sounds like WoW--it wants to appeal to everyone. That MMO which is "deep, hardcore but also accessible to people" is WoW. You can faceroll through LFR or you can join a progression raiding guild to attempt heroic raids. I'm sure Wildstar will attract disillusioned and former WoW players. Temporarily, at least. It remains to be seen whether they'll be able to maintain them once the newness wears off.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    The statements made by Frost isn't comforting me.
    And should also be completely disregarded/taken with a grain of salt because game journalists are fucking morons. Any accurate comparisons are presented out of context and thus completely ineffective. Otherwise they generally have no idea what they are saying most of the time. It's pretty tragic.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I don't believe they are targeting WoW's player-base. One of their devs answered this question in a Q&A video, he broke it down with some maths (I don't remember it exactly) but it was something like if 5% of WoW's player-base drops off every month for a new 5%, after a certain period of time their whole player-base is different than it was before (I think it was like 14-20 months or something). This means that there is a MASSIVE market out there of players to target, that have played and quit WoW.

I mean, how many of those 10 million who played vanilla are still playing now? Not so many I'd say. Those players that like MMO's but don't have one at the moment are the perfect targets, players that currently are in love with WoW/GW2/EVE whatever are a bad target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exclusive video of the recording of "Systematic Domination" the Dominion Faction Theme music by Jeff Kurtenaker.

Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-06-09 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Exclusive video of the recording of "Systematic Domination" the Dominion Faction Theme music by Jeff Kurtenaker.

video
    I like it.

Star Wars-esque with the a slight fantasy spin on it. Not sure how I feel about the piccolo though.... might be a little too fantasy for a sci fi.
    But thats all little stuff.

Still sounds good.

I like it.

Star Wars-esque with the a slight fantasy spin on it. Not sure how I feel about the piccolo though.... might be a little too fantasy for a sci fi.

Still sounds good.
    Well good music is good music

Also, Wildstar is like a Sci-fantasy, similar to star wars in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well good music is good music

Also, Wildstar is like a Sci-fantasy, similar to star wars in that respect.
    Yeah, I still like it a lot. Sounds nice, definitely some inspiration from the imperial march.

Deleted
    As far as I'm concerned, one thing is certain: when Wildstar is out so am I out of wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, one thing is certain: when Wildstar is out so am I out of wow.
    Am I the only one who imaged giant wildstar letters jumping out of the closet?

Just me?

ok

3 days till E3 (hope they reveal mordesh)

I like it.

Still sounds good.
    That's exactly what I thought, too.

I really liked it, but I had NO idea it took that many people to compose a track in a MMO.