10+ Year Old Account
    Enough bickering guys, how sexy is Agent Voxine? Dayummm, i might have to roll a Mechari female instead of a Cassian for my alt.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/media...xine_still.jpg

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Enough bickering guys, how sexy is Agent Voxine? Dayummm, i might have to roll a Mechari female instead of a Cassian for my alt.
    I am very surprised by their ability to make all of their races aesthetically and personality-wise very interesting. For many years in any MMO I wasn't interested in 25-50% of the races because they seemed to have no personality or real aesthetic appeal. In WoW the personality has always been there, but the outdated character models didn't make a whole lot of them stand out. It's the game I least want to play a human.

This game I find myself already unable to decide what character will be my main and it makes my altitis itch very severely.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I am very surprised by their ability to make all of their races aesthetically and personality-wise very interesting. For many years in any MMO I wasn't interested in 25-50% of the races because they seemed to have no personality or real aesthetic appeal. In WoW the personality has always been there, but the outdated character models didn't make a whole lot of them stand out. It's the game I least want to play a human.

This game I find myself already unable to decide what character will be my main and it makes my altitis itch very severely.
    Ye same, i still need the full class listing before i plan my Main and my alt, but right now it looks like Draken Stalker for main (for some reason i like Beastial rogue-ish characters, had a Worgen Rogue, have a Charr Thief in GW2) and for alts its tied atm between Cassian or Mechari female, and a class not yet revealed which i hope is a Ranged Physical class, Hunter, Sniper whatever.

Deleted
    pvp sounds pretty good looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I'm not going to lie. I have grown to hate PvP, but reading that sounds really exciting. I like that the ELO feature lets skill dictate your competition but also allows a gear treadmill. That's a win/win for player and dev. The breakout mechanic sounds like you might have some control over your character even when CC'd which is also a huge plus.

This game grows more mysterious by the day. Can't wait for news from PAX.
    BAD WOLF

So interrupt armor acts a bit like a stacking resource buff that is neutralized with CC. So instead of there being a trinket that you can pop, you have a passive ability on armor that stacks and nullifies CC. I guess it depends on implementation, but I don't see too much of a difference. I could actually see this going the other way where if you're well geared for PvP you would almost never be CC'd, which against a similarly geared opponent would result in a more stand up fight. By introducing gradations into the CC mechanics they're essentially creating more variability which results in more dynamic fights. Hmm, ok, I think I like it.

Definitely excited to try out warplots too. That just sounds fun. Like a "build your own TF2 map" or something. I wonder how you win?

Deleted
    Its not only a pvp stat and im sure there will be plenty of ways to counter it like penetration or buffs to increase the strength of the CC or it could simply mean CC is going to need co-ordination and tactics with other people to become effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how the movement system will feel like. One of the major things why WoW is so popular and other games tend to stay a bit behind, is because of the movement system.

Take GW2 for instance. The movement there feels quite... clunky IMO. Combined with the slow camera turning it's a real let down for me, while WoW has extremely fluent movement if you ask me. There are no limitations when moving besides CC and slows. You press W, you go forward without any hesitations while in GW2 you have a sort of start up motion and slowing down motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I'm curious how the movement system will feel like. One of the major things why WoW is so popular and other games tend to stay a bit behind, is because of the movement system.

Take GW2 for instance. The movement there feels quite... clunky IMO. Combined with the slow camera turning it's a real let down for me, while WoW has extremely fluent movement if you ask me. There are no limitations when moving besides CC and slows. You press W, you go forward without any hesitations while in GW2 you have a sort of start up motion and slowing down motion.
    that could just be lag on your part in gw2, I don't have any problems with movement and find it quite fluid more then WoW. The camera speed you can adjust yourself in options or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    You press W, you go forward without any hesitations while in GW2 you have a sort of start up motion and slowing down motion.
    That's called physics. It's kinda how we move every day.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    too bad he isnt playing real life

totally understand where he is coming from.. it just didnt feel fluid in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    that could just be lag on your part in gw2, I don't have any problems with movement and find it quite fluid more then WoW. The camera speed you can adjust yourself in options or whatever.
    Sure it's fluid. But it's TOO fluid. It's as though you're sliding across ice wherever you go. And I know about the camera speed. Mine is already maxed, but it still has the draggy feeling to it.
    No, really? I didn't know that man. Seriously didn't.
    Real life physics don't work in MMO's. I mean, if we're discussing reality and stuff in MMO's then shall we start at flying lizards, shooting frostbolts out of your finger tops and running at the speed of light, then let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    too bad he isnt playing real life

totally understand where he is coming from.. it just didnt feel fluid in GW2.
    That sounds so mean

I can't wait to know more about the unknown race and classes. I'd also like to know more about exiled gameplay instead of dominion :>

Deleted
    I can't wait to know more about the unknown race and classes. I'd also like to know more about exiled gameplay instead of dominion :>
    ill cry if there isnt a pet class.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    ill cry if there isnt a pet class.
    I'll cheer for joy if there isn't another hunter/ranger pet class

seriously it's overdone

Deleted

seriously it's overdone
    warlock, engineer?

its nowhere near as overdone as 50% of classes in mmo's..

10+ Year Old Account
    No, really? I didn't know that man. Seriously didn't.
    Real life physics don't work in MMO's. I mean, if we're discussing reality and stuff in MMO's then shall we start at flying lizards, shooting frostbolts out of your finger tops and running at the speed of light, then let's do it.
    But honestly...just stop and think about it. In your haste for sarcasm, you are missing the point. You specifically said it was 'clunky'. I used to say the same thing. It's a misnomer. Magic doesn't mean physics aren't present. It's just a more realistic movement style. Expecting all games for your character to move like the laws of physics don't exist is a little silly.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    It's also only an animation thing in GW2. You immediately run at 100% speed, but instead of going directly into run animation there is a 'get started' animation. Nothing clunky about it, except imagination.

I thought the GW2 movement felt weird as well. The ratio of limb movement to ground covered seems off.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account

seriously it's overdone
    I don't need a Pet class, but i'd love a Ranged Bow/Xbow/Sniper class.