So it appears those Carbine developers have learned from the mistake of WoW: Raids are not where story should be executed.
    Neither are books outside the game. WoW has a terrible story gap that is filled with books you have to buy outside the game. Same with GW2

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    right over my head
    I guess you aren't a Buffy fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemenar View Post
    The Aurins are in on it O_O!!
    *strokes beard* Yeees...yesss they could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    So it appears those Carbine developers have learned from the mistake of WoW: Raids are not where story should be executed.
    Gaffney has been talking about this specific thing for over a year. It's not a new development, so the fact that they are still focused on it is a good sign. It's the entire reason I started getting into W* in the first place, because it felt like there would be more solo focused content and I am mostly done with being socal in MMOs.
    BAD WOLF

I guess you aren't a Buffy fan.
    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

I will beat you

but I don't remember the bunny reference.

Wait is it about anya? She never liked bunnys
    Last edited by zito; 2013-07-30 at 06:35 PM.

Neither are books outside the game. WoW has a terrible story gap that is filled with books you have to buy outside the game. Same with GW2
    I agree completely, I don't think I should be forced to read books to understand in game lore better.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

I will beat you

but I don't remember the bunny reference.

Wait is it about anya? She never liked bunnys
    /F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M

You just made my heart hurt a little for you. You're letting the magic die. I prescribe rewatching the entire series starting immediately. If possible, make sure you take with meals and a full glass of water or wine, or favorite beverage.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Mo...Vampire_Slayer)
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I've got a theory...

...it could be bunnies...

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes.They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses.
    And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
    Bunnies!
    Bunnies!
    It must be bunnies!
    Or maybe midgets?
    I've got a theory....

....that we should work this fast....
    Because it clearly could get serious before it's past.

Want to buy Wildstar beta

I was speculating about it: and while I do believe most talent tree based systems usually end in one "flavor of the month" I am sad about not having a talent tree system in Wildstar.

Yes, I understand stat allocations will give this same type of effect. However, I think it makes my character feel more like a spread sheet rather than a personal avatar.

I would really like to see them add some type of talent tree like option. I do enjoy have that customization. Nothing like Rift's current set up. I would like smaller trees.

/F-A-C-E-P-A-L-M

You just made my heart hurt a little for you. You're letting the magic die. I prescribe rewatching the entire series starting immediately. If possible, make sure you take with meals and a full glass of water or wine, or favorite beverage.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Mo...Vampire_Slayer)
    I skipped the musical episode because I hate musicals.

I still want the cast of high school musical to burn in a pit of quicksand infused acid.

I hated that anya died though... at least she died killing bunnys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    I was speculating about it: and while I do believe most talent tree based systems usually end in one "flavor of the month" I am sad about not having a talent tree system in Wildstar.
    Path abilities and limited action sets take the place of traditional talent trees. Accomplishing the same net result, while providing a more dynamic set of variables and choice.
    I skipped the musical episode because I hate musicals.
    I guess that makes sense, but it's honestly one of the best episodse they ever did. It doesn't hurt that I love musicals. And RE: Anya...my shaman in wow is named Anyankha. That's right, spelled wrong on purpose to fit the word ankh in there. It was genius.
    BAD WOLF

I guess that makes sense, but it's honestly one of the best episodse they ever did. It doesn't hurt that I love musicals. And RE: Anya...my shaman in wow is named Anyankha. That's right, spelled wrong on purpose to fit the word ankh in there. It was genius.
    My shaman was a tauren named ateyourlawn

:/

A GM whispered me one day and said he was gushing over my name

O.o <--- me

10+ Year Old Account
    ateyourlawn
    I like it. I had one named Mccloven. I'm sure no one has ever gotten the second layer of meaning on it. I go for things that tend to crack me up, yet elude the general public. Probably means something is wrong with me. Now I want to go on a rampage with all my awesome WoW names, but this is the W* thread so maybe we can post some cool names for those characters?

Obviously I'm not going to use any I would really use, as I don't want them taken, but I think a Mordesh named Dropdeadfred would be good.
    BAD WOLF

Speaking of which has anything been said about character names in WS? Are they one time only like in WoW? I had a little boar pet in WoW called McLovin.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Speaking of which has anything been said about character names in WS? Are they one time only like in WoW? I had a little boar pet in WoW called McLovin.
    Im sure they will offer a change name service...I could also be wrong.

For what we know now, it appears names can only be one word, and there are numbers allowed. It appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I really wish more games would take their cue from Cryptic and Neverwinter. The @AccountName structure is a bit ugly, and there are potential privacy issues. But it's just *so* nice to be able to name your character whatever you want, and not have to play "That name is already taken" roulette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I really wish more games would take their cue from Cryptic and Neverwinter. The @AccountName structure is a bit ugly, and there are potential privacy issues. But it's just *so* nice to be able to name your character whatever you want, and not have to play "That name is already taken" roulette.
    Yeah no thanks. Sending invites, friend requests, and anything else on top of issues you already brought up are not worth it. Not to mention a lack of unique identity. I hope to never see a game that does that. That's the nature of opinions though.

Being able to use an easier identifier with a select group of friends, like battle.net and steam is perfectly acceptable however.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    I wanna see stuff in 38 dimensions...

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Let's move on. When your Elixir backfired, the Dominion quarantined your planet Grismara and left the survivors to die. Are you bitter?
    A: The serious scientist does not allow sentiment to seep into his study. If a subject is infected, he simply and carefully slices the tumor free from the patient, freeing the rest of the organism from having to suffer its delusions of grandeur in the name of prophetic destiny
    I was right. They clearly don't like the Dominion, but they certainly don't have a grudge with them. Grey characters indeed. Very glad this is the race I want to play. Also will fit nicely as I planned on going scientist.
    BAD WOLF

I was right. They clearly don't like the Dominion, but they certainly don't have a grudge with them. Grey characters indeed. Very glad this is the race I want to play. Also will fit nicely as I planned on going scientist.
    I like how they refer themselves to a tumor that never goes away

XD

I like how they refer themselves to a tumor that never goes away

XD
    I think Lazarin was actually referring to the Dominion as the tumor. Mainly because he talks about freeing the rest of the organism (the Mordesh) from the delusions of grandeur of the tumor (the Dominion).
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian