10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Except you have to pay a sub to even buy CREDD and it can't last forever..so no. Don't lie. It isn't free to play in any way, shape, or form.
    They even say it outright on their official page. Who on earth buys a MMO and farms gold from day 1 ? They wanna enjoy the game, explore it, clear content and progress their character not make it a job from the minute they make through the character creation screen.
    This is a standard P2P MMO, with at best, a B2P option, since you need to buy a box to farm the gold for Creed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Depends on how gold plays out, this method though did not work for TERA and lasted a few months. It didn't work for TSW either so I'm learning from history.
    youre learning from history.. so you dont want a sub, yet you dont want a free way or playing either.. you just want it to be free. got ya.

Deleted
    Im just going to unsub to this whinefest of a thread. Ill stick with watching wildstar-twitter and the official webpage in the future.

Cya!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    They even say it outright on their official page. Who on earth buys a MMO and farms gold from day 1 ? They wanna enjoy the game, explore it, clear content and progress their character not make it a job from the minute they make through the character creation screen.
    This is a standard P2P MMO, with at best, a B2P option, since you need to buy a box to farm the gold for Creed.
    i think credd is aimed more for those people at end game.. like the example given on the official website.. people with spare gold have this option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im just going to unsub to this whinefest of a thread. Ill stick with watching wildstar-twitter and the official webpage in the future.

Cya!
    Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    youre learning from history.. so you dont want a sub, yet you dont want a free way or playing either.. you just want it to be free. got ya.
    No, I've already voiced my opinion on why a sub like this doesn't work. If it was an optional sub for something else like what TERA/Rift and other games supply sure I'm all up for that. But not a sub to pay to play. They say they will be doing loads of content updates because of it... where have we heard that before? /rollseyes

But if you are looking for a WoW alternative, go nuts its the game for you.

But If I had to pick between FF14, WoW and W* it goes in this order:

WoW - FF14 - W*

I don't need a fake tab target illusion W* provides while the game plays out exactly the same as the others ty bye bye now
    Last edited by zito; 2013-08-19 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    FYI the combat is way over hyped by carbine, it's almost purely white damage with mechanics you watch out for just like WoW at the same rate they come out too and character aiming is irrelevant in PvE
    you dont like it.. we get it.

its also mid level combat.. and trying to get people to work in groups. how dare they try to make you work in groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think credd is aimed more for those people at end game.. like the example given on the official website.. people with spare gold have this option.
    True , but do you truly believe Creed will be "affordable" in the first months? And it will only get worse as economy inflates. For the great majority of players this will force them to A) Farm gold for gear/professions/mounts/repairs B) Farm gold for Creed , but living with not being able to deck out your Player House, pay for that shiny mount, or that BoE upgrade.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    FFXIV ARR at least has a very popular IP to back it up, and even then I doubt it'll do well. Wildstar will probably do many many times worse.
    Yes. And people always point to these old sub games as proof subscriptions work while forgetting the largest reason people keep playing these games. It's not because of the subscription, it's because of how much they have invested in a game. It's why WoW is still going strong. To enter as a subscription game means you are not only competing with the current state, but all the years someone has spent with the other game.

It's like deciding to change careers in the middle of your life with the caveat that you have to give up your 401k and any retirement benefits from your first job. At some point that new job has to provide something far greater than that to entice you to switch, otherwise you are just losing everything.
    I disagree with people not wanting to pay a sub.. there are plenty of people here who do, wow still has a very health sub level, and i think this will do fine
    There is nothing healthy about what is happening to WoW. While I agree plenty of people will pay a subscription, me being one of them, it's just not going to cut it for new games anymore. There are many factors we've already talked about at length as to why, but it's just the way it is.

Subscriptions aren't very consumer friendly models when you don't know what you are going to get, frankly.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    No, I've already voiced my opinion on why a sub like this doesn't work. If it was an optional sub for something else like what TERA/Rift and other games supply sure I'm all up for that. But not a sub to pay to play. They say they will be doing loads of content updates because of it... where have we heard that before? /rollseyes

WoW - FF14 - W*
    thats great to hear. Not interested in either wow or FF so i guess ill wait and see with W*

you dont like it.. we get it.

its also mid level combat.. and trying to get people to work in groups. how dare they try to make you work in groups.
    Not sure how you are ok with something advertised and it's not advertised the way it is. It's ok if you like it, you should be ircked though that it was full of shit.

It's also a poor way to get people to work together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    There is nothing healthy about what is happening to WoW. While I agree plenty of people will pay a subscription, me being one of them, it's just not going to cut it for new games anymore. There are many factors we've already talked about at length as to why, but it's just the way it is.

Subscriptions aren't very consumer friendly models when you don't know what you are going to get, frankly.
    i blame the games development not the sub fee.. what is it at now? 6m subs or people buying time? thats pretty healthy to me.. including its mini eshop.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how you are ok with something advertised and it's not advertised the way it is. It's ok if you like it, you should be ircked though that it was full of shit.

It's also a poor way to get people to work together
    no i think its been advertised perfectly, been explained perfectly.. its you who has a problem with the wording.. which again sits perfectly fine with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat isn't as good as Carbine makes it sound.

I sorta feel like WSO won't be as big as it could have been from the tempo of discussions around the game post announcement. Might be successful, but is likely to be an also-ran rather than the breakout many expected it to be without a paywall.

We will see how a mid level studio does with this model.

THANK YOU GOD. Finally another MMO with the Eve model.

It not being F2P or B2P is probably a big blow on the game, though like always almost everyone will buy it anyways on launch and try it since it's B2P for 30 days really.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-08-19 at 02:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I get that your fine with a sub, I dont understand it but everyone likes what they like but do you in all seriousness see this buy time with cred scheme in anyway an actual free to pay system? At best it will buy you a free month here or there but if MMO markets have taught us anything its only going to get progressively more difficult to farm as time goes on and in game currency is devalued. If anything this will be a BOON to in game gold sellers as one of the most precious commodities to any MMO ever will be purchasable for in game currency.

At worst you have to pay a sub and then farm in game gold to buy free time so you can farm gold to buy in game time..

At best (assuming somehow its kept at a reasonably attainable price for the average Joe who cant spend 20 hours plus in game farming) Its B2p, there is no free to play part of it at all

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly expected a B2P model, with the option of a "Patron" like status from Rift. I'll still pay the sub if the game hooks me in, but ehh.

WoW - FF14 - W*

I don't need a fake tab target illusion W* provides while the game plays out exactly the same as the others ty bye bye now
    May I point you in the direction of EVE Online, which has this model and has over half a million subscribers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well time for me to jump on the next hype train, seriously though risky move considering you still have to pay for the game I see secret world 2.0 inc.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there is going to be way to much gold in the game if players can set the price of CREDD, at the least it should be a fixed price of gold..idk i really dont like the idea of players with no skill being able to have a ton of gold and getting the good gear and mounts ect.