Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    So, how about someone creates one of those Strawpoll.me polls asking:
    What business model would you prefer for Wildstar?
    - Pay to Play, no CREDD
    - Pay to Play, with CREDD (the current model)
    - Buy to Play, no game store
    - Buy to Play, with game store
    - Free to Play, no game store
    - Free to Play, with game store

That should help measure what people across the Internet actually think, right?

I would do that myself, but I can't access Reddit at work to post it there. Also, I don't know how to post stuff on Reddit, never really used it beyond occasionally checking links. :P
    You can't have F2P without a store, that's unrealistic. It has to offer cosmetics in same way to make money :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ns View Post
    Its a poll, its not any less accurate than telling people to look at different forums for negative comments about the direction they choose to go.
    I know. That's what I just said in the post you quoted.

There isn't any more factual weight behind that poll than forum user xxCoolguyxx saying "Everyone hates Wildstar now! I read it on the internet!"

I am simply saying take these things with a grain a salt. One guy's anecdotal musings are not any more true than another anecdotal musing. None of us are dueling with hard facts here.

I know it's not realistic, but hey... people keep thinking it is!

I was wondering how many people would catch that. Faith in MMO-Champion forums has been maintained. :P

Anyway, you're right. The proper options should be:
    - Pay to Play, no CREDD
    - Pay to Play, with CREDD (the current model)
    - Buy to Play, with game store
    - Free to Play, with game store

Can anyone make that poll happen?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Also, there's a wide range of F2P and B2P models. So it's best to give an example

IE:
    Poll: Preferred payment model
    Rift's F2P Model: All pve and pvp content free. Mounts, pets, costumes, and boosts in the shop.
    Gw2 B2P model: All pve and pvp content free. Cosmetics and boosts in the shop.
    WoWs P2P model: 15 dollars to log in. Cosmetics, mounts, and pets and boosts in the shop.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Fortunately it's not your place to judge how other people like to spend their time.

Your point was there is no 'truly' free game. My counter point was that everything charges you extra. Nothing you have said changes that. The bonus is that in a F2P game, you can do some of the things at no cost. In a B2P game, it's even more in your favor.

Tell me what you can do in a subscription game without paying anything.
    Nor do i like when those 4-5 hour people are trying to head the game into a direction because they like to be vocal online. Its not likely that they will be paying much for the game in the end anyway.

Its because a F2P often ends up being more expensive than a sub game if you want the full experience. What houndreds of people spent years on making should not be free, not even a bit of it.

Did i claim you could? I like to pay for things i buy and use.

This is just a question on GW2 since i see you praise that model so much. What content does all does monthly or 2 week updates give you? New dungeons, new zones, stuff that stay ingame after the event is done? I have no clue since i stopped playing early on, would just like to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well, you might as well not ask the bolded and underlined since they aren't feasible.
    doesnt matter.. its a poll to decide what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    I want a prison barter payment model. It should be in the poll.

I have long learned that what the PR and finances department does in a company is fully unrelated to what the company's main operation itself does. Specially in IT. So I don't really blame developers for PR own goals.

Still, if you've got access to sources I don't, I'll leave it at that. Good show, Kitty.
    Her "source" is a anonymous poster from betacake who made up that info a few months ago and tried to pass it as fact.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can't have F2P without a store, that's unrealistic. It has to offer cosmetics in same way to make money :/
    no no no.. some people complaining would want nothing short of full content, no restrictions, for free forever. anything less than that will be a failure. Its how the internet and gamer entitlement works for some.

Also, there's a wide range of F2P and B2P models. So it's best to give an example

IE:
    Poll: Preferred payment model
    Rift's F2P Model: All pve and pvp content free. Mounts, pets, costumes, and boosts in the shop.
    Gw2 B2P model: All pve and pvp content free. Cosmetics and boosts in the shop.
    WoWs P2P model: 15 dollars to log in. Cosmetics, mounts, and pets and boosts in the shop.
    I was trying not to mention any other games, because that would likely change some people's opinions before they voted. As in "I'm fine with [model] but ew, I want to have nothing to do with [game]!" and the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    People want free. Free insurance, free puppys, free food, free toe nails.

If it's free people will want it, so obvious it does matter as it needs to be in the parameter of realistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I know. That's what I just said in the post you quoted.

There isn't any more factual weight behind that poll than forum user xxCoolguyxx saying "Everyone hates Wildstar now! I read it on the internet!"

I am simply saying take these things with a grain a salt. One guy's anecdotal musings are not any more true than another anecdotal musing. None of us are dueling with hard facts here.
    Still, you are the one making posts about how muich negative feedback this got since the reveal, how its never been seen before etc etc. Dont ask others to take something with a grain of salt when you are trying make the negative side look worse than it could be.

I know it's not realistic, but hey... people keep thinking it is!
    Whom?

Can anyone make that poll happen?
    You'd still need to find a cross section of voters that are relatively free if response biased. Which I don't think you will find by informal internet strawpolls.

Still, you are the one making posts about how muich negative feedback this got since the reveal, how its never been seen before etc etc. Dont ask others to take something with a grain of salt when you are trying make the negative side look worse than it could be.
    I see negative reaction. To a degree greater than I have ever witnessed w/r/t an unreleased MMO payment model. Those are my personal observations. This is also no greater than some internet stawpoll of dubious origin & voting.

I have no investment in Wildstar pro or nay. It is simply fascinating to observe. Do take such observations, mine included, with a grain of salt.

None of us are Doc Brown.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-08-20 at 04:05 PM.

I was trying not to mention any other games, because that would likely change some people's opinions before they voted. As in "I'm fine with [model] but ew, I want to have nothing to do with [game]!" and the likes.
    Then you have the other problem.

When you say F2P people might think swtors early F2P model or NWOs 40 dollar mounts.

Deleted
    I want a prison barter payment model. It should be in the poll.
    thats my point.. no matter what model its going to be there is always going to be someone complaining that it isnt what they wanted.

also if u want that then make a poll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    People want free. Free insurance, free puppys, free food, free toe nails.

If it's free people will want it, so obvious it does matter as it needs to be in the parameter of realistic.
    exactly anything short of that will be bad bad bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    What the one that said it wanted the game to be B2P? With 89 points? Hrm. Sure sounds like no one wanted the game to be B2P

#facetious statement
    Did i say no one wanted it? It shows the subreddit isnt biased towards loving a sub model. Poll still shows 52% in favor.

Whom?
    Crazy people, mostly. I don't have any example in the front page here, but I've read a few posts of people around the Internet who seem think you can run MMOs on advertisements or something like that. Again, that was part of the joke.

You'd still need to find a cross section of voters that are relatively free if response biased. Which I don't think you will find by informal internet strawpolls.
    Well, it's either that or no data. And I think a straw poll posted over multiple different websites could garner enough votes to compensate for individual forum biases. Certainly, the margin or error would be large, but it would give us a rough idea of what people want, which is better than just flinging speculation all over the place.

Then you have the other problem.

When you say F2P people might think swtors early F2P model or NWOs 40 dollar mounts.
    Gotta keep it simple. People will vote for the model they're most familiar with, or not at all. This theoretical poll wouldn't be the end of the debate, just something to measure the general mood and direct the debate a little better. (It might even draw Carbine's attention, although that's ridiculously unlikely.)

Did i say no one wanted it? It shows the subreddit isnt biased towards loving a sub model. Poll still shows 52% in favor.
    Poll is asking people how they feel about it and if they are ok with it, not what they actually want.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a lot of people don't realize is that not everyone in favor of a sub model are gonna stay subbed to the game for w/e reason, that will only leave those who like the game to stay subbed, now the million dollar question is how much of those are gonna be left?
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Crazy people, mostly. I don't have any example in the front page here, but I've read a few posts of people around the Internet who seem think you can run MMOs on advertisements or something like that. Again, that was part of the joke.
    That's irrational.

However, I guess some people do believe their bank is giving out toasters for "free" still. So, that.

Well, it's either that or no data.
    Invalid data is just the same as no data.

If we can't trust the data, we don't have any reason to base conclusions upon it.