Quote Originally Posted by Xavas View Post
    To be honest people should be discussing the "feel" of controls and stuff to do at the end game. Those are the two things that broke many of the recent MMOs.

If the game is good enough with frequent updates who cares about the payment method, right?
    How?

I am pretty sure the beta isn't even up yet.

also, clearly people care about the payment method as it is being discussed on the main boards and here.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    How?

I am pretty sure the beta isn't even up yet.

also, clearly people care about the payment method as it is being discussed on the main boards and here.
    Oh your discussion about a payment model that probably already exists helps, how?

Oh your discussion about a payment model that probably already exists helps, how?

Also payment models are easier to fix than something like game play responsiveness.

Also payment models are easier to fix than something like game play responsiveness.
    Actually no, payment models are very hard to fix. If you don't design your game around the payment model, in the end it will feel tacked on. I am pretty sure they already know what they are going for but yeah, you guys just stick to waving the flags of your favorite payment models.

OH WELL.

Deleted
    If they truly believed in their product and expect it to do well they will go subscription based. Releasing it f2p just gives off the wrong vibe in the MMO market. Subscription > f2p any day.

The problem is Carbine doesn't give out any information whatsoever about the game, there really is almost nothing to talk about.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Actually no, payment models are very hard to fix. If you don't design your game around the payment model, in the end it will feel tacked on. I am pretty sure they already know what they are going for but yeah, you guys just stick to waving the flags of your favorite payment models.

OH WELL.
    Which is why they should be fixing it in alpha.

But let's try this your way.
    Tell us how the game feels

Which is why they should be fixing it in alpha.

But let's try this your way.
    Tell us how the game feels
    No let's go your way.
    Tell us how much the game costs.

No let's go your way.
    Tell us how much the game costs.
    I can only tell you how much it should cost in order to get the most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    If they truly believed in their product and expect it to do well they will go subscription based. Releasing it f2p just gives off the wrong vibe in the MMO market. Subscription > f2p any day.
    There is definitely a commonly voiced idea that free to play is automatically bad. This idea is wrong and is perpetuated by a vocal minority.

Payment model does not reflect quality. There are good and bad games belonging to all sorts of different models.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There is definitely a commonly voiced idea that free to play is automatically bad. This idea is wrong and is perpetuated by a vocal minority.

Payment model does not reflect quality. There are good and bad games belonging to all sorts of different models.
    do we know what the payment method is yet? sorry for being lazy :P

im hoping its buy or free to play since ill have to wait on trying this out since i have to pay for wow too
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I can only tell you how much it should cost in order to get the most players.
    See how pointless your reasoning was then, oh great market analyst?

And I can only tell you that the controls should feel responsive and how it should not be like SWTOR where animations take priority over proper gameplay. Even if you throw the game at me for free, if it is bad I won't play it.

And that's why gameplay > payment model.

And I can only tell you that the controls should feel responsive and how it should not be like SWTOR where animations take priority over proper gameplay. Even if you throw the game at me for free, if it is bad I won't play it.

So... you are saying the wild star discussion should be centered around bashing games you think are bad and then saying "wild star shouldn't be like those"

That sounds so much better.

it depends on the person. for me payment is pretty much equal with gameplay and story. it looks really cool but if its sub based ill probably have to pass on it even if its "oh meh gad best game evar"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So... you are saying the wild star discussion should be centered around bashing games you think are bad and then saying "wild star shouldn't be like those"

That sounds so much better.
    Stick to cherry picking examples, I am done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it depends on the person. for me payment is pretty much equal with gameplay and story. it looks really cool but if its sub based ill probably have to pass on it even if its "oh meh gad best game evar"
    Well that's too bad.

And yet you rejected his offer to discuss controls earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And yet you rejected his offer to discuss controls earlier...
    He didn't offer discussion, he just threw a cheap shot if you didn't notice.

Seems you didn't notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make it B2P rather then F2P from the start. If it's a flop atleast they wont miss out on box sales ^^

He didn't offer discussion, he just threw a cheap shot if you didn't notice.

Seems you didn't notice.
    Pointing out the obvious flaw of not being able to tell how a game no one can play feels is hardly a cheap shot.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest people should be discussing the "feel" of controls and stuff to do at the end game. Those are the two things that broke many of the recent MMOs.
    Did they really? If that is the case, why have all of these MMO's gone F2P or B2P and started becoming succesful again? Surely if the feel of the game or the content offered was such a deterrent then changing the payment model shouldn't matter, right?

If the game is good enough with frequent updates who cares about the payment method, right?
    Wrong. Exclamation point.
    BAD WOLF