Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well in an attempt to one up their announcements to announce things, Wildstar announced that nothing will be announced in this week's Wildstar Wednesday....
    Wow, they were right. That DOES blow my mind.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to think they went with a new format to change things up after Aether's departure and will potentially stop doing W*W in order to keep livestreaming. Or they might just turn W*W into the stream. But just so you don't hear it from Bard and unfairly criticize him...Firefall Fridays did it first. #justsaying (and it's a great idea)
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I'm starting to think they went with a new format to change things up after Aether's departure and will potentially stop doing W*W in order to keep livestreaming. Or they might just turn W*W into the stream. But just so you don't hear it from Bard and unfairly criticize him...Firefall Fridays did it first. #justsaying (and it's a great idea)
    I actually look forward to Friday afternoons because of their show. Never seen CMs just like, talk opening about their development problems and constantly read and answer questions posted in chat and over teamspeak.

I wish more devs would be like, "I hate our UI. I've been working on it for a year and it still sucks. I can't wait till the new one makes it to live. Maybe then I'll be able to sleep more than 3 hours a night". It's like, hey. It's good to know you realize it. Like, when phobos was like, "Yeah. Our frames aren't balanced. Mammoth is out of control" ect.

You would never see someone at bioware be like, "Man. Our game engine sucks with intergrated graphics cards."

*I think developers just assume that their community can't handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, that livestream didnt say anything we didn't know already. Then again, at least people can actually watch Housing instead of reading about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Different demographics.
    I'm interested in both. What Demographic am I?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Everquest Next will be hardcore, old school, sandbox and Wildstar is casual, semi-action, themepark? Or what do you mean?
    Where was it said EQN is hardcore? From what I've seen EQN is avoiding hardcores (ala no trinity, class swapping to any role)
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-10-30 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I'm interested in both. What Demographic am I?
    Rare.
    +10char

10+ Year Old Account

Winter update: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne..._is_coming.php

Beta soon, survey going out to people who signed up to gather more info about applicants so it sounds like at least initially the beta invites will be targeted rather than random.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the tone they are establishing for the livestreams. Sounds very much like Firefall Friday which is the most informative and open stuff I've seen yet. I can only hope it will be like that. Really not happy about their class reintroduction before they do new ones.
    BAD WOLF

Yea I am excited for the livestreams... I am actually even excited for the re-reveals of classes. Will be interesting to see what has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they made a video announcing annoucements? Hmm.. why not just shows the 1st class reveal or re-reveal already? Meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, come on, it's like a trailer for movies. I think it was appropriate.

Also that video was part of a whole post, alerting us to shit that's coming. Like Winter Beta and the survey you should be checking your email for and encouraging new beta signups.

I know that Carbine's had a lot of flops, but that doesn't mean you should shit on them for EVERYthing. I believe this is one of the instances where they don't deserve flak.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-10-30 at 06:03 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much is going to change between CBT3 and WinterBeta, a part of me wants to think 'alot' because of the huge gap. But the part of me that has it's (Assumidly minimal) knowledge of game development isn't expecting anything too drastic outside of some class tweaks, graphics polishing or visual/audio fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Oh, come on, it's like a trailer for movies. I think it was appropriate.

Also that video was part of a whole post, alerting us to shit that's coming. Like Winter Beta and the survey you should be checking your email for and encouraging new beta signups.

I know that Carbine's had a lot of flops, but that doesn't mean you should shit on them for EVERYthing. I believe this is one of the instances where they don't deserve flak.
    I don't need to check my e-mail for a beta invite. Also i don't shit on them for everything, in fact im uber interested in the class re-reveals, just that its not the first time they throw bones at us , despite admitting in the end of the post that it has been slow months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't really meaning you in particular, Mirve. Er, Razael. Sorry if it seemed that way. The top part was for you, the rest of it was for everyone. xD

I'm well aware of the fact that they keep on teasing us, and it annoys me, too, but I'm just saying this time that their "teasing" was actually fair. It's an entire post about looking at multiple different things forthcoming.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, i wonder though, are they going for shock value and make the first two weeks about Engineer and Medic, or are they using the first month to Re-introduce us to the "know" classes? Wish they'd had shown a schedule =p, im nitpicking at this point.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-10-30 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Fair enough, i wonder though, are they going for shock value and make the first two weeks about Engineer and Medic, or are they using the first month to Re-introduce us to the "know" classes? Which they'd had shown a schedule =p, im nitpicking at this point.
    They pretty much stated we're going to over the same classes again and again. Considering that most feedback I saw was not class specific, I doubt they will be changing enough to warrant this. I may be wrong, but I don't think so. Unless they are making it more action combat oriented, which isn't exactly class related, it's not going to be much new. They are just stalling.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounded to me like they were going to do in-depth class analysis for all 6 classes, accompanied by updated class pages and FAQs or something.

Also, old classes will be first.

Classes have changed, evolved, and progressed since we first revealed them, so before we get to the new classes we thought it'd be great to reintroduce the old ones in an informative way, and showcase each of the unique mechanics, strategies, and designs of WildStar's classes. Each reveal (or re-reveal) will be accompanied by new webpages, developer interviews, and livestreams to answer any questions you have about that class. All of these reveals and information drops will lead up to one big moment in December: [Beta]
    - - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how in-depth they'll go, though. I'm fairly certain they said they are open to theorycrafters and will be open with numbers, but I expect something like "Here are some of your abilities you will use in each specialization" and "Here is how you'd want your stats to look."

I'm not expecting something you'd find on ElitistJerks, though - that's for the theroycrafters, not the devs!

I'm not sure why they would bother going into detail to talk about class changes when they wouldn't talk about specifics anyways. The only people who are going to be able to say "Wow, stalkers are so different!" would be people from CBT3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I'm not sure why they would bother going into detail to talk about class changes when they wouldn't talk about specifics anyways. The only people who are going to be able to say "Wow, stalkers are so different!" would be people from CBT3.
    Though if they keep showcasing the old build in the stream other people would be able to tell too. Not to mention the people who played them at expos if that is something.

(Hello my first post )