The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    OMG, thank you! I had no idea MMO-C had an ignore feature. >_<
    It's not perfect because you still have to use self control because you can click on the white barred posts to view them, but it's especially helpful in this thread where you will see like 5 posts in a row that are white bars and you know things have gotten bad, lol. I honestly don't say this to flaunt my ignore list like some badge of bastardy, but it really does help keep forums less cluttered with our bickering. After giving in a few times, I try to just woosah myself to the ignore feature. It makes us all seem like better people.
    BAD WOLF

Yes, because that's exactly what not having any intention of altering my posts implies. -_-
    As Kelimbror so eloquently put it, that's your opinion of my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I will say that... Wildstar is doomed and this was proof positive of it.
    Fixed! ;P (I couldn't help myself.)

I have avoided this thread for a few weeks now because of various reasons. Fighting is one of them. :<

Also, damn, missed the beta key thing. I guess that's what I get for showing up late.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I will say that giving out beta keys a great way to get more people involved and hyped about the game. It also shows that they are pretty confident about server stability. This statement will get misremembered in 2+ pages to say that Wildstar is doomed and this was proof positive of it.
    You didn't actually say anything positive about the actual game here.

Deleted
    I will say that giving out beta keys a great way to get more people involved and hyped about the game. It also shows that they are pretty confident about server stability. This statement will get misremembered in 2+ pages to say that Wildstar is doomed and this was proof positive of it.
    cant just say something positive can you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Fixed! ;P (I couldn't help myself.)

I have avoided this thread for a few weeks now because of various reasons. Fighting is one of them. :<

Also, damn, missed the beta key thing. I guess that's what I get for showing up late.
    It's still going, you haven't missed it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    he did.. but then went on to spoil it.

True true , and having stress test betaweekend again shows that if it goes well we might be getting closer to an open beta , i suspect NDA will be lifted in the next few weeks .

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still going, you haven't missed it yet.
    Yeah, I sent in for an invite anyways. But for first-come, first-serve, I doubt that I would really have a shot. xD
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Yeah, I sent in for an invite anyways. But for first-come, first-serve, I doubt that I would really have a shot. xD
    it was 40k i think.. so u have a chance lol.

"1st comes, 1st serves" and then "you may ..blabla".

Just tell me if i wasn't fast enough stupid pr tool

OMG, thank you! I had no idea MMO-C had an ignore feature. >_<
    It doesn't really ignore that well, if someone quotes them you see what they say anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

It said campaign not found, then after a min I tried again and it loaded properly.

It's not perfect because you still have to use self control because you can click on the white barred posts to view them, but it's especially helpful in this thread where you will see like 5 posts in a row that are white bars and you know things have gotten bad, lol. I honestly don't say this to flaunt my ignore list like some badge of bastardy, but it really does help keep forums less cluttered with our bickering. After giving in a few times, I try to just woosah myself to the ignore feature. It makes us all seem like better people.
    Fortunately, I don't do that. Rift's official forums had a similar ignore feature and every time I passed one that was blocked I was thankful for being spared whatever the person had to say. I just wish I'd known about this earlier.

As an aside, I don't understand why so many on these forums seem to have a need of rose-colored glasses. I've seen plenty of people tear apart games I absolutely loved and it didn't destroy my world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't really ignore that well, if someone quotes them you see what they say anyways.
    Yeah, I figured. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I got my beta key about 5 minutes ago. I signed up about 1 minute after it went live (so it took about an hour) :P

EDIT: it was sent from "godankey.com" and showed up in my Promotions tab in gmail. If they have 40k to give out then I'd imagine signing up any time today and you'll be golden (though I have no clue, obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you wouldn't know what positive statements are if they smacked you in the face then. Complimenting server stability and commending them for a good strategy to get more people involved with the game. If you continue down this line, I will have no choice but to assume you are causing trouble directly at which point we can get a moderator involved. Ok? k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    True true , and having stress test betaweekend again shows that if it goes well we might be getting closer to an open beta , i suspect NDA will be lifted in the next few weeks .
    Maybe. I'm not really sure how productive an open beta is anymore unless it is with no wipes as part of preorders. At that point it really is just people trying before they buy, which doesn't seem like a good use for a 'beta'.

- - - Updated - - -

As an aside, I don't understand why so many on these forums seem to have a need of rose-colored glasses. I've seen plenty of people tear apart games I absolutely loved and it didn't destroy my world.
    It's so easy to ride a bandwagon of feel good people, like some crazy video game drug high. I look at it like a cult who shun outsiders vehemently. It seems to get more intense as each new MMO that cannot sustain their model or match WoW's success. The day it finally happens because WoW has dwindled to 2 million or lower subscriptions will be the day the insanity hits its peak and then hopefully goes away. I mean I read in the ESO thread someone who said 'If you want the game to go F2P, you want it to fail'. These are the types of ridiculous views that people have of MMOs in general.
    BAD WOLF

I guess you wouldn't know what positive statements are if they smacked you in the face then. Complimenting server stability and commending them for a good strategy to get more people involved with the game. If you continue down this line, I will have no choice but to assume you are causing trouble directly at which point we can get a moderator involved. Ok? k.
    Reading comprehension my friend. I never said you didn't say anything positive, I said that you never say anything positive about the ACTUAL game. How is server stability or a good hype strategy something positive about the ACTUAL game? That's like complimenting a shitty product for having a great marketing campaign.

And threatening with moderator action? Please go ahead.

OK all of you stop now. There's no reason to pick at each other like this. People are allowed to say negative things about a game or positive or both if they want. No one is required to be one or the other, if you don't like what someone has to say ignore them. Don't try to start an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    OK all of you stop now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

So, you can say you like most everything about a game except 2-3 things, but that is equivalent to never saying anything positive about it. Then you go into detail what you think are wrong with those 2-3 things and how to fix them, but that is complaining not constructive criticism. That's maddening.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    *snip*
    Oh god, good memories. Brick stabbed a man with a trident.
    So, you can say you like most everything about a game except 2-3 things, but that is equivalent to never saying anything positive about it. Then you go into detail what you think are wrong with those 2-3 things and how to fix them, but that is complaining not constructive criticism. That's maddening.
    NDA's have a large part in making that happen. I can't imagine how press members feel when they are under them as well. You think we have it bad, but they do these things professionally and have to hold it back. Say what you will for early release games or kickstarters, but I've found that I personally get more enjoyment out of being informed and able to discuss things at all stages of development.
    BAD WOLF