Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    In case you submitted an app but never got the survey.

Here is the link to it.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WildStarPreBeta

Hate it when crap like that happens.
    I'm not really going to submit my e-mail to a random 3rd party site unless I get a link to it from the official wildstar website or mailing list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    I'm not really going to submit my e-mail to a random 3rd party site unless I get a link to it from the official wildstar website or mailing list.
    If you apped for the Beta then check you inbox for a reply to the app with a link to that survey. It was also apparently in the February newsletter. Though apparently they are not going to use it anymore.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    I only have the "thank you for signing up" mail from early February and a couple newsletter mails in my inbox, no mention of a survey on any of those.

No biggie anyway, I'm just a bit wary of e-mail harvesting sites.

Oh one other fyi in case anyone see's beat access for sale:

A word of advice: #WildStar beta keys are not for sale! And anyway, beta access is tied to the original email address.
    https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...49160597041154

Have No Fear, the Survey Isn't Required!

Hey folks, your friendly neighborhood Community Director from Carbine Studios here. I just wanted to let you know that we are adding lots of people into beta, and they absolutely are not required to fill out the survey to be accepted.

We actually attempted to shut down the survey earlier, but Survey Monkey was experiencing some kind of glitch that wouldn't allow you to log in. That's been remedied now.

So don't forget: Fill out a beta application, don't buy beta keys from strangers, and at this point, we are the only ones distributing keys. We'll let you know if that changes.

Oh thanks a bunch for the info, and welcome to our forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CRBaether View Post
    Hey folks, your friendly neighborhood Community Director from Carbine Studios here. I just wanted to let you know that we are adding lots of people into beta, and they absolutely are not required to fill out the survey to be accepted.

We actually attempted to shut down the survey earlier, but Survey Monkey was experiencing some kind of glitch that wouldn't allow you to log in. That's been remedied now.

So don't forget: Fill out a beta application, don't buy beta keys from strangers, and at this point, we are the only ones distributing keys. We'll let you know if that changes.
    Thanks for the info! It's good to have you on MMO-Champ

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love if Carbine did some sort of Founders Pack program with Beta acess and some non intrusive (P2W) goodies.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-12 at 12:13 AM.

Probably have to wait for the business model for the game to be announced before we see anything like that Mirve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Probably have to wait for the business model for the game to be announced before we see anything like that Mirve
    Ye i kinda figured that would be the case, still wouldn't mind to have the option tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huzzah we have communications with someone that works for the company X) It feels nice to know we're being watched....kinda? o o

And as for the folks knocking on the art style: A stylized art style will hold up over the long run better than more realistic graphics. The better the current realism looks in media, the worse the older realism looks in comparison. Generally speaking. Stylized characters with unique silhouettes also have a great impact visually. They feel epic. Bombastic. Awesome! This is the logic behind the Blizzard art style (yes even Diablo III is like this, just less exaggerated as Warcraft).

I like that Wildstar is less hyper real. So many games try for the gritty, super real, omg look at the wrinkles and dirt type stuff. Which is fine but as an art style it begins to feel stale. The models, colors, and animations have a good feel to them.

Just a heads up, you are going to want to post here often. You will get a LOT of good will with the players here. Elar from trion posts semi frequently and he is loved for it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    A stylized art style will hold up over the long run better than more realistic graphics.
    This so much.
    WoW still looks pretty to this day and age because of the cartoony , stylized graphics. Whilst other games from that era , i can no longer look at. In the long run, the more realistic they try to be, the worst they'll look as more advancements are made in technology. Plus it keeps the system requirements lower, thus more people can play it.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you!

Oh, and remember. Stranger Danger! Stranger Danger!
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-12 at 12:58 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Plus it keeps the system requirements lower, thus more people can play it.
    That too! I had forgotten about that part, was focused too hard on the other bits lol.

Can you give me beta access pretty please? I'll make cookies.. I make a mean chocolate chip...

and if not I'll blast you right off planet nexus whenever I get on it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for stopping by. Clearly we are all eager to experience the wonderful world of Nexus. Don't be afraid that we resort to rampant sarcasm and terrible puns in our attempt to keep ourselves busy until we get in beta/game launches. We appreciate the communication here.
    BAD WOLF

In case you ever stop by again, thanks for popping in! Always nice when a member of the community team or devs pops in to make a post somewhere other than the official channels, especially a forum thread within a specific fansite.

+11 for awesomeness, Carbine community team!

Deleted
    Why am I not one of "lots of people" >=(

10+ Year Old Account
    My signup confirmation email from 19/08/2011 says I'd be informed 'soon' if I was chosen, I think 603 days is a good representation of soon so I excitedly await an email today .