Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The problem with that is the admins don't wait for enough time to pass once a game is released. Look what happened to FF14ARR...
    well really after a month, except for a select few fans, almost all of the posters playing will have gone back to wow or left this forum. There is no real reason to put any game other than Blizzard games on this site. I say this as a fan of one of those other games.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled my second DPS Esper to 20 last night. I had a level 17 Dominion Esper from the last beta weekend, but wanted to try out Exiles so I started a new one on Friday. I "discovered" Stormtalon's Lair (I really like how you have to "discover" a dungeon by going to the outside of the instance before you can queue for it) and queued up, because I really wanted to try out one of the dungeons before the beta weekend was over. The boss fights were well-thought-out and sufficiently challenging. It was my first time, and those in the group who had been in the dungeon before were kind enough to explain the basic mechanics of the fights to me. We only wiped once on the first boss (we didn't get healed up fast enough and we all got taken out by an AoE or something of that sort) and we finished the instance in about an hour. It was fantastic, it was somewhat challenging at the intended level without being excruciatingly difficult. The fact that Stormtalon is one of the first dungeons you encounter in the game should also be taken into account; if level 20 content is so well-done, I can't wait to see higher level/Elder Game content.

I am excite. Although I'll probably be playing DPS Esper come release, I'd like to get some Support gear and try out healing too once I get more familiar with things.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think I read the developers saying that no computer atm can handle higher then a 1 without fps issues occuring. seems to be a future proof feature.
    Hm, mine can.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Aethrysa View Post

I am excite. Although I'll probably be playing DPS Esper come release, I'd like to get some Support gear and try out healing too once I get more familiar with things.
    The starter level dungeons are better than some games raids. I am healing as an esper and it is really fun somewhat similar to a resto druid but you can switch healing playstyles if you want and blast throughput like a paladin. PvP is amazing in this game also.

Really enjoying the game as a warrior. Having an Arm Cannon is a big plus, plus the game being a much more engaging experience really helps it out. Normally, I'd just take the hits in the face and walk it off. Here, I actually put effort into dodging so I can keep moving forward.

So far, I only played about 10 matches of Walatiki temple, but I find it to be very fun. Having a neutral flag/mask spawning somewhere in the map helps keep the players moving and not camp the middle ground. My only complaint is that the power ups are tiny. I think they can be used more often if they were a little bigger to stand out amongst the environment. Such an example would be the sword buff on what I thought was a flaming Anvil.

Other than that, I'm picking the game up. It's fun. Yeah, it's just about a WoW clone, but the difference is that the game seems to be more engaging to me than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    16 hours a week raiding? How do you all have time? Thats as much as a part time job.
    Back in vanilla we raided 7 days a week, from around 6PM to past midnight.
    Most members of our guild were students of some sort, but some of us had full time jobs.

It was fun for a while, but I don't want to do it again ... ever.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Anyone know what level you unlock stances? Such as the warriors tanking stance etc.

- - - Updated - - -

16 hours a week raiding? How do you all have time? Thats as much as a part time job.

Well I guess MMO's arent for you then.

Once upon a time before TBC WoW MMO's used to be MMO's now WoW is pretty much a place to socialize it is no longer an MMO and the sad thing is kid's these days see this as the benchmark of "MMO's".

This is why every kid wants everything now GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME attitude has destroyed the genre.

Look at the posts in this thread the slightest challenge and time spent people want it nerfed thanks to casual WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    IF MMO's are only for people who can raid 16 hours a week kiss all MMO's good bye in a very short time. I doubt very many people have that schedule.
    It was fine until Blizzard changed it all, MMO's are known to be time sinks always have been WoW had 10 Million players at the time of the most hardcore raids the game has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    It was fine until Blizzard changed it all, MMO's are known to be time sinks always have been WoW had 10 Million players at the time of the most hardcore raids the game has seen.
    Those 10 million people didn't all raid. They just paid for the game so the "hardcores" could raid.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Those 10 million people didn't all raid. They just paid for the game so the "hardcores" could raid.
    They paid in the hope that, they too would one day be 1337 raiders also.

Beta keys for this weekend are up on Curse. I'm not a premium member so hopefully there will be some left over on April 3rd D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Well I guess MMO's arent for you then.

Once upon a time before TBC WoW MMO's used to be MMO's now WoW is pretty much a place to socialize it is no longer an MMO and the sad thing is kid's these days see this as the benchmark of "MMO's".

This is why every kid wants everything now GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMME attitude has destroyed the genre.

Look at the posts in this thread the slightest challenge and time spent people want it nerfed thanks to casual WoW.
    I have been playing since the first week of Vanilla, I also noticed you called me "kid" twice, adults usually do not have 16 hours minimum a week to play. His guild requires 16 hours a week raid time, how much prep time, daily quests, farming and research do you do on top of that? Believe it or not, not dedicating every moment of your spare time to a game does not make you a child, one could argue the opposite though....

I have been playing since the first week of Vanilla, I also noticed you called me "kid" twice, adults usually do not have 16 hours minimum a week to play. His guild requires 16 hours a week raid time, how much prep time, daily quests, farming and research do you do on top of that? Believe it or not, not dedicating every moment of your spare time to a game does not make you a child, one could argue the opposite though....
    It's almost like you have a job and a family. God, you're such a kid! :P

Most the ex-wow players I know want something that MMO developers refuse to offer. Very difficult content without lots of grinding. We want to log in, say hi to our guildies, and then enter a raid to do BOSSES. Not trash. BOSSES. We don't want to farm flowers for flasks. We don't want to grind countless dailies to buy gems and enchants every time we get a new piece of gear. We just want the hard raid content.

The closest thing I've found has been FF14 but the server/client communication makes it so you can get hit by telegraphs you were miles from. That's the hardest part about their raids lol. However, at the very least I can log in, group up, and queue for extreme modes or whatever.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    It's almost like you have a job and a family. God, you're such a kid! :P

Most the ex-wow players I know want something that MMO developers refuse to offer. Very difficult content without lots of grinding. We want to log in, say hi to our guildies, and then enter a raid to do BOSSES. Not trash. BOSSES. We don't want to farm flowers for flasks. We don't want to grind countless dailies to buy gems and enchants every time we get a new piece of gear. We just want the hard raid content.

The closest thing I've found has been FF14 but the server/client communication makes it so you can get hit by telegraphs you were miles from. That's the hardest part about their raids lol. However, at the very least I can log in, group up, and queue for extreme modes or whatever.
    Why is it that -any- activity outside of face smashing bosses and kicking open loot chests is considered a grind? I personally like having other things to do that eventually make me stronger in a raid, I like having things I can do during the week to gear me up for the weekend raid. It's the difference between the person who is involved in their character for the whole week and someone who just shows up on Friday raid night looking for loot. I keep busy all week and my numbers show it and they guy who shows up every raid night pretty much expects to be carried to the loot by those of us who put actual effort into the game. In return I am busy all week and I dont go spending $60 on new console games all the time. I'm occupied.

I mean if you just want to down bosses and get loot you can always play Diablo III. I never understood how in our gaming culture anything that required effort became grind.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Why is it that -any- activity outside of face smashing bosses and kicking open loot chests is considered a grind? I personally like having other things to do that eventually make me stronger in a raid, I like having things I can do during the week to gear me up for the weekend raid. It's the difference between the person who is involved in their character for the whole week and someone who just shows up on Friday raid night looking for loot. I keep busy all week and my numbers show it and they guy who shows up every raid night pretty much expects to be carried to the loot by those of us who put actual effort into the game. In return I am busy all week and I dont go spending $60 on new console games all the time. I'm occupied.

I mean if you just want to down bosses and get loot you can always play Diablo III. I never understood how in our gaming culture anything that required effort became grind.
    Collecting flowers and killing 8 boars is not "effort", it's just time. Wasted time at that.

Also, I would prefer if there was no loot, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Collecting flowers and killing 8 boars is not "effort", it's just time. Wasted time at that.

Also, I would prefer if there was no loot, personally.
    Take away the loot and you take away the incentive, only a very tiny percentage of players would raid every week if there was no real reward aside from satisfaction.

Take away the loot and you take away the incentive, only a very tiny percentage of players would raid every week if there was no real reward aside from satisfaction.
    That's why I said "personally". I veiw loot as just a gating mechanic governed by RNG and time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

Effort =/= time. You are spending time doing trivial activities that can be literally completed by bots in order to be ready to do the content that actually matters, that is challenging and entertaining. Doing daily quests, gathering materials for crafting, capping some kind of points, grinding mobs, leveling etc usually is so trivial that you can do it while watching TV or by playing with one hand while eating a sandwich or talking on the phone. For me that's not effort, just a cheap time sink.

I want a game that gives me 30 minutes of play time that stretches the limits of my ability to play the game, not a game that stretches the limits of my patience by making me gather 200 bear asses to make a new piece of armor.

EDIT:
    Btw, I was one of those who raided 15-20 hours a week and spend another at least 5-6 hours on top of that for preparation for raiding. I don't want to do that ever ever ever again.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2014-04-01 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hm, mine can.
    Your system doesn't see an FPS decrease as you move the slider above one? I get 60 or so at 1 and one tic knocks me down to 40. All the way up drops me to around 20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I didn't Raid in Vanilla outside of an occasional UBRS or ZG PuG run and I had a great time. There was plenty of things to do in Vanilla and TBC for non-Raiders and the game wasn't built around Raid or Die like it is currently. It wasn't until Wrath that Blizzard realized it was preferable financially to funnel everyone into one content zone.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    There was plenty of things to do in Vanilla and TBC for non-Raiders
    This is nostalgia and inexperience making a false statement seem true in hindsight. There was nothing to do in Vanilla and TBC apart from dungeons and raiding for gear, pvp, and farming for gold/rep. These things still exist, but with the addition of several activities like the farm, pet battles, proving grounds, challenge modes, brawlers guild, scenarios, achievements, etc. I don't even know how we all spent so much time playing other than we hadn't done it before. If you deliver the amount and type of content present in Vanilla as a new MMO today it would flop instantly.
    BAD WOLF