Well, Pax East is next weekend (going to the curse/wildstar afterparty to get my hands on some gameplay) so hopefully we'll hear something about a beta timeline then. I mean, time is wasting right? They'd need to start beta-ing soon or else their 2013 release won't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Well, Pax East is next weekend (going to the curse/wildstar afterparty to get my hands on some gameplay) so hopefully we'll hear something about a beta timeline then. I mean, time is wasting right? They'd need to start beta-ing soon or else their 2013 release won't happen.
    not really.. theyre doing most of it with friends and family beta testing. stress tests, performance issues, and large scale bug testing is all thats needed really. player feedback has been going on for a while as to what they want in the game.. but its not going to change much from beta to release unless something is really really broken. Also far less leaks this way too

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that video is a bit old now, seen it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Pretty sure that video is a bit old now, seen it somewhere else.
    Some of it is old, but not all of it. I will say though if you've watched even a few of the videos of a demo of deradune you've seen all of this before. They just cinematized it and made it look pretty rather than some dude playing around with god cheats enabled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Some of it is old, but not all of it. I will say though if you've watched even a few of the videos of a demo of deradune you've seen all of this before. They just cinematized it and made it look pretty rather than some dude playing around with god cheats enabled.
    Ahhh i knew i had seen this before somewhere, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Here's another look at the Falkrin you'll come up against in Deradune. Come fight them at PAX East!"

https://www.facebook.com/WildStarOnline
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-03-15 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    "Here's another look at the Falkrin you'll come up against in Deradune. Come fight them at PAX East!"

https://www.facebook.com/WildStarOnline
    Man I really do like the "look" they went with for with this game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    man it reminds me of durotar so much.. i guess the devs missed it too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    man it reminds me of durotar so much.. i guess the devs missed it too
    I got the same vibe. I would prefer more Badlands though. Derune is too hilly.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Man I really do like the "look" they went with for with this game.
    People may hate it, but they took the same type of concept WoW applied to fantasy aesthetic, brought it inline wth current technology, and did the same thing for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre.

Thre more I play this style, the more I realize I like it. Same reason why TL2 was so amazing looking to me compared to D3. When I first played Rift I was so amazed at how 'realistic' everything was...and it was a nice change...but logging back on to WoW after months or looking at videos for this game...I know where my preference is.

And it's completely with the adult pixarish aesthetics.
    BAD WOLF

Every time I see art in this game (especially any of the 2d art) I'm reminded so much of Torchlight/Torchlight 2. And that's a good thing, because I love the aesthetics in those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    And it's completely with the adult pixarish aesthetics.
    I think that is the majority of people's aesthetic as well. When we play games it's more interesting to do and see things that are different from our norm; it keeps our attention longer. Realistic probably has it's place once in awhile, but stylized has staying power. But, that's maybe just my bias talking.

Not really a fan of the art style/aesthetics they are going for. For a cartoony look I'd prefer something like Borderlands. But anyway, I'll still keep an eye on the game as they do have some interesting things there.

What it reminds me of is the animated movie Treasure Planet, artistically speaking. But yeah, I think of Firefly for the feel, The Incredibles for some of the ways the people move. All of these things are good. 8)

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the majority likes the graphical style they went with. So do i.

I love cartoony.
    Lowers system requirements, makes it harder to become 'out dated', and doesn't end up looking like generic console game art.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I love cartoony.
    Lowers system requirements, makes it harder to become 'out dated', and doesn't end up looking like generic console game art.
    same,this style reminds me of jak games and ratchet and clank,luv this style

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Not really a fan of the art style/aesthetics they are going for. For a cartoony look I'd prefer something like Borderlands. But anyway, I'll still keep an eye on the game as they do have some interesting things there.
    i personally love the look and it reminds me of Genndy Tartakovsky art styles for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I love cartoony.
    just look at games like LoZ wind waker (even though its getting a remake) it still looks amazing after 10 years.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-03-16 at 12:22 AM.

I'm worried about being a ranged class having to aim spells at people.. Yuck..will never land one..

Deleted
    cartoony graphics are great for not making the game look old. i find WOW still looking good thanks to there cartoony graphics and that game is 8 years old its sick 0.o