no the game makes me sick cuz dota 2 is a million times better

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceMonster View Post
    no the game makes me sick cuz dota 2 is a million times better
    In that case, you are in the wrong thread. You can take your bodily fluids somewhere else.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    In that case, you are in the wrong thread. You can take your bodily fluids somewhere else.
    In which case all of this talk about rift/LoL is also in the wrong thread take it else where am i right?, Now back onto topic about WILDSTAR..

Thoughts on the female versions of Draken and Granok and Mechari?

This sums up my concerns to a degree...
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    But yeah, any pictures on the confirmed undead/hamtaro?
    The what?

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    In which case all of this talk about rift/LoL is also in the wrong thread take it else where am i right?, Now back onto topic about WILDSTAR..
    Indeed /afewcharrs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

While I find the picture funny its message is insulting and blatantly stupid the two images aren't even comparable, unless I missed the joke in that case I retract my statement.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post

<snip of a stupid pic>
    This image is SUPER retarded and, yes, insulting. I know artist was trying to be funny, but he isn't. Sorceress is fantastic and very sexy, I love her design down to every detail. Yes, it's a bit unrealistic, but still I'm sure it's possible to find women with, if not the same, but near same big size as sorceress has and yes, they might be real.

As for your question, I find female draken to be, in a word, HORRIBLE. Seriously, bow legged, tiny breasts, huge feet? WHAT on earth were designers thinking?! That's where "realism" leads. Hell, I know many rl women more attractive than fem draken and they're supposed to be a fantasy race.
    Now Granok. The stone ppl right? No. Just no. If I may point out, they also lack SEVERLY in chest department somehow...
    Mechari is currently one of my first choices to play. They're sexy and feminine, but, they're just robots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    This image is SUPER retarded and, yes, insulting. I know artist was trying to be funny, but he isn't. Sorceress is fantastic and very sexy, I love her design down to every detail. Yes, it's a bit unrealistic, but still I'm sure it's possible to find women with, if not the same, but near same big size as sorceress has and yes, they might be real
    You realize you just said sexism(and objectifying women) is ok because you think it is 'fantastic and very sexy' right? The only thing retarded is that the comments about it completely validate the point it's making.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-13 at 02:47 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The what?
    There are two unrevealed races left for WildStar Online. One for each faction. The Exiles video makes it look like their fourth is some sort of zombie/frankenstein. While developer behavior during a gameplay video, and in another spot or two, hinted at the fourth Dominion race being a short furry bunch looking somewhat like the nice gremlin from those movies in the eighties or nineties. Apparently called the Chua.

There are no relatively confirmed pictures of the Exiles fourth race.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-05-13 at 02:20 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    There are two unrevealed races left for WildStar Online. One for each faction. The Exiles video makes it look like their fourth is some sort of zombie/frankenstein. While developer behavior during a gameplay video, and in another spot or two, hinted at the fourth Dominion race being a short furry bunch looking somewhat like the nice gremlin from those movies in the eighties or nineties. Apparently called the Chua.

There are no relatively confirmed pictures of the Exiles fourth race.
    Is that a mouse with a glowing laser tail???!!!!!???? That's so adorable! \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Is that a mouse with a glowing laser tail???!!!!!???? That's so adorable! \o/
    I'd guess that the green "laser" is a targeting mechanism, so if you target a friendly target there'll come a glowing circle around them. But I don't know for sure, and I'm not sure if that's what you were refering too

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You realize you just said sexism(and objectifying of women) is ok because you think it is 'fantastic and very sexy' right? The only thing retarded is that the comments about it completely validate the point it's making.
    I was going to write a long reply to him but what you said basically sums it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I'd guess that the green "laser" is a targeting mechanism, so if you target a friendly target there'll come a glowing circle around them. But I don't know for sure, and I'm not sure if that's what you were refering too
    Pretty sure that is what she meant and it does look like the target indicator. However...since we brought up the subject of 'laser tails' Carbine needs to make this happen ASAP. I don't care what has a laser tail, but something needs one.
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I was going to write a long reply to him but what you said basically sums it up
    Yeah...didn't want the thread to devolve into an argument about it, because this site in general is filled with people who have backwards views on the subject and similar issues, but I couldn't just let it pass.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Oh, shut up. Good looks and constant attention from men for looking good is one thing women can have going for them. I'm tired of this constant feministic bullshit being brought up in video games. Go look at Scarlet Blade, made by a mostly woman-only dev team.
    I'm sorry, was there an educated response in that barbaric lashing out? Or did you just feel the need to tell someone to shut up for your feel good moment of the day? Your bolded response is disgusting and I suggest you not derail the thread further. The early 1900's are that way.

<--------------
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    chua and mordesh are the races.
    Does anyone have any pics of the Mordesh? I googled it but no avail.

I have to laugh at the "female" robots having boobs and high heels. It's like Futurama.

And the 1970s and bra-burnings are that a-way. ---------------->

There is absolutely nothing wrong with female character models looking good and showing skin, and you linking it with sexism and even starting to bring up the subject is ridiculous. Since you're the one that brought up the subject, you're going to have to be the one to shut up about it first. Let's see if your desire not to derail the thread further is bigger than your desire to have the last word on the matter.
    It really isn't ridiculous, its a very real issue and worthy of serious debate but if that's how you feel about it, okay :P.

@ Doozerjun: On the subject of the Mechari, I'd guess they may have been made in the image of their creators (the Eldan, though I'm not sure if "we" know what they look like...) or they could have been created to mimic the appearance of the various races they'd be mingling with, hence the male and female looking robots?

I suppose so. I'm not concerned or worried about it, it just made me laugh. I wonder how quick the name Bender will get reserved when the game releases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see if your desire not to derail the thread further is bigger than your desire to have the last word on the matter.
    Unlike you, I can continue the conversation in a rational manner that discusses the ideas as they pertain to Wildstar instead of presenting male chauvinist ideas without anything to back it up other than a bunch of keyboard smashing equating to 'you mad bro-ette?'

The point was initially brought up in regards to how the female races are being portrayed in this game. It's obviously not to that degree(of the comic), but the previous poster who mentioned robots with breasts and high heels points out one of the concepts that triggered the initial post.

You clearly don't have the capcity to connect the metaphor from the comic to what is being discussed or you simply didn't take the time to analyze it. Either way, what you are saying has nothing to do with the discourse at hand. I'm not linking 'showing skin' to sexism as you so incorrectly assumed. As such, I'm not sure you're qualified with stating what is or isn't 'ridiculous' as you aren't even a part of the dialogue.

And I'm sorry, but regardless of your gender (I'm a male, which if you don't know me you may have assumed otherwise...though there's little chance you'd admit that now) dismissing the issue like so many people on this forum (I called that one) do is sexist and ignorant. The point of the comic is that it doesn't go both ways in the extremes. It highlights what we still allow to be acceptable, which is objectifying women to a much larger degree in this media form than we do men.

You don't have to look very far in the MMO genre to see how it is used, but I have always had the opinion that current Nerd Media tends to be more fair in the exploitation of gender (though I don't know that it's a good thing either). While we have gross (not the yuck kind, grab a dictionary if needed) exaggeration of physical qualities, they are defined be entirely different realms of acceptability. For females it is always parts that enhance, serve a function, or stimulate procreative ideas while males are relegated to just over exaggerated musculature.

The comic presents a like for like comparison that highlights the double standard we employ in video games in regards to hyper sexualization. While I can agree that a) Wildstar certainly isn't exploiting this notion like described and b) most games don't, there are several games that do. Tera being one that people easily point fingers at. They however also go a lot further
    with males as well.

Though it does bring up a great point with Wildstar having exaggerated sexual features in a robot race. One has to wonder whether it serves the sexist norms we have created or whether it is merely using a comedic form to distinguish gender identity for the purposes of unique characters. Having androgenous robots wouldn't be very compelling to a large range of people.

So you see, there is an actual, intelligent conversation that can be had if only there were people to participate in it. So far you haven't proven that you are capable of that, but I am always willing to give you another try. I think Wildstar presents a unique opportunity in that it is going for a very specific tone and style. What things are acceptable because of that setting? Can their model design be attributed to a satire of the genre or giving in to the sexist standards? That's really a personal issue.

But to think that somehow the issue in general is completely unrelated to Wildstar would be silly. That's what happens you give no thoughtful and well reasoned responses.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I suppose so. I'm not concerned or worried about it, it just made me laugh. I wonder how quick the name Bender will get reserved when the game releases?
    Want to race for it? Though there are tons of great Mechari names. Actually, there are a realm of great names for this game. Prepare for the legion of Wolverine Draken/Elins, Firefly related humans (guilty), lots of robot names, etc. It's going to be fun and horrible at the same time.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-05-13 at 04:58 PM.
    BAD WOLF