Deleted
    They had me on the Naruto and FMA reference.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Corrected it for you.
    Well yes, but people don't like listening that noise so I at least forgave the initial foray into the genre and instead focused on what they have added after that fact. I'm someone who thinks taking someone else's idea (in the gaming world) and changing the way it works or rewards or whatever is good enough innovation. I'm not looking for people to reinvent the wheel. Only good (for player) can come from taking the best received features of other games and innovating that concept in a new light.

Chronicles and Scenarios both came from LotRO's single player skirmishes...which for all I know came from some other game before that. The point is that we iterate on designs in all avenues of life and that's why we talk about innovation. Talking about game clones and whatnot is just nonsense. Like you pointed out, it's all pretty much copying from the first 'new' idea and that's ok.

Outside of some scientific advancements over our evolution, we rarely can create 'new' ideas as the planet has a lot of stuff already there. Fire is technically copying the sun, but it's use for cooking was innovative. The method for producing the fire was a new method, but the concept was already there.
    BAD WOLF

I'm still sort of on the fence about the game. But I'll probably end up getting it unless it has a subscription only model attached to it. But I never thought it was a wow clone. In fact there is really only one game where I immediately thought wow clone and that was Allods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Only good (for player) can come from taking the best received features of other games and innovating that concept in a new light.
    I have to disagree with this, there can be bad things coming out of certain features no matter what you do with them, LFR is one prime example, no matter how you redesign that feature it does more harm than good, I'd even go as far as claiming LFD suffers the same issue although it's less clear cut with that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to disagree with this, there can be bad things coming out of certain features no matter what you do with them, LFR is one prime example, no matter how you redesign that feature it does more harm than good, I'd even go as far as claiming LFD suffers the same issue although it's less clear cut with that one.
    But that's just not true as it is subjective in nature. I meant it as a conceit, that giving more players what they want across all games is never going to be bad for the individual player.

The only reason I continue to play WoW is because LFR exists. Sure there are plenty of other things I love, but I'm honestly their exact target market for that feature. I want to raid, like gear based progression, but I don't have the desire to manage people or invest that time. In a game like Rift, I burn out because there's a solid wall I can reach easily and can only get past by doing 'real' raiding.

Having more systems of progression in a game and utilizing features from other games in addition to what you had is never inherently bad for players. An example would be the fact that Wildstar has housing, has raiding, and has pvp. All of these features are present in other games and it's not bad just that they exist here too.
    BAD WOLF

But that's just not true as it is subjective in nature. I meant it as a conceit, that giving more players what they want across all games is never going to be bad for the individual player.
    Actually it can be if you look at the downsides, if all you see is the convenience then sure it's great for you, but when your thinking "there is nothing to do" it's heavily connected to conveniences. That's just one aspect of it, there a several more negative impacts LFR has on the game as a whole, perhaps not you individually but that's besides the point as you don't represent all players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it can be if you look at the downsides, if all you see is the convenience then sure it's great for you, but when your thinking "there is nothing to do" it's heavily connected to conveniences. That's just one aspect of it, there a several more negative impacts LFR has on the game as a whole, perhaps not you individually but that's besides the point as you don't represent all players.
    Neither do you, which is the point. You feel it does negative things to the game, but I don't feel it's negative in even one aspect.
    BAD WOLF

LFR to me is just another raid difficulty level. It goes easy - normal - hard.

It really hasn't changed anything besides people spamming chat looking for a raid pug. Which they still do for normal mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither do you, which is the point. You feel it does negative things to the game, but I don't feel it's negative in even one aspect.
    Now now kitty, LFR is bad, and you should feel bad for not thinking that its bad!

WoW changed for me the day LFR was implented, not because its a super bad idea, but because it took out some of the prestige in raiding. I dont like the "EVERYONE SHOULD SEE CONTENT LOLS" model, heck - if i am TO BAD/dont have time to invest in a specific thing, i dont expect to get it.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

I don't get the LFR arguments. Now granted I haven't played the game since LFR has been put in but how are more options bad?

WoW changed for me the day LFR was implented, not because its a super bad idea, but because it took out some of the prestige in raiding.
    Wearing gear that has green letters saying LFR quality is not prestige. Heck purple gear is not even prestige anymore since it's so fucking common. What is usually prestige is the titles/mounts/herioc gear/achievements that comes from them. Which is not from LFR. Meaning it's a personal problem not a game problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    Now now kitty, LFR is bad, and you should feel bad for not thinking that its bad!

WoW changed for me the day LFR was implented, not because its a super bad idea, but because it took out some of the prestige in raiding. I dont like the "EVERYONE SHOULD SEE CONTENT LOLS" model, heck - if i am TO BAD/dont have time to invest in a specific thing, i dont expect to get it.
    Yeah. You don't get the heroic achievements.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Yeah. You don't get the heroic achievements.
    Or the titles, or the mounts or the Herioc label on your gear or the different colored tier loot.

That's what people have always looked out for, for bragging rights. LFR never changed that.

If LFR was around when AQ40 was released nobody would of given a damn if someone completed AQ40 LFR version. They would be hottin and hollering at the peeps who didn't use the easy difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't get the LFR arguments. Now granted I haven't played the game since LFR has been put in but how are more options bad?
    There is a myriad of reasons why it's bad, it's a discussion for another thread though as the crowd of casuals that want to play 10 MMOs at once and see everything will flood the thread with similar arguments to those right above here.

There is a myriad of reasons why it's bad, it's a discussion for another thread though as the crowd of casuals that want to play 10 MMOs at once and see everything will flood the thread with similar arguments to those right above here.
    Ah so you want to be the special snowflake, gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ah so you want to be the special snowflake, gotcha
    Yup
    This is what happens when people invest their self esteem and look to video games for a sense of achievement rather than using video games for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Never once in my entire life has anyone running LFR affected my experience in a Normal/Heroic raid. Maybe I've just been dodging super dangerous bullets this entire time and had no idea?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I dunno. Never once in my entire life has anyone running LFR affected my experience in a Normal/Heroic raid. Maybe I've just been dodging super dangerous bullets this entire time and had no idea?
    It's only a problem for the people who think that their neighbor getting a new car makes their car worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'm quite sure I could show how it affected you, had enough of the insults and judgments above though to even attempt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite sure I could show how it affected you, had enough of the insults and judgments above though to even attempt it.
    Actually no, go ahead. I'd like to see this Butterfly effect of lower level gear in motion. Is it as beautiful and tragic as I'm imagining it to be?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.