10+ Year Old Account
    I wish NDA was gone it would make it so much easier to talk about this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geekx View Post
    I wish NDA was gone it would make it so much easier to talk about this game.
    You and me both, there is so much i want to say, but shouldnt, that feeling is horrible !
    But, i CAN say that im looking forward to the game even more so now, then i was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

Most "normal" people actually don't like that, especially not with Wildstar's questing system, but obviously you do and the 'hardcore' niche crowd that Wildstar seems to be catering to currently.
    Really? Hmm idk a single MMO out there where it doesn't take ~10 seconds to kill a monster, give or take a few seconds of course. Some are considerably longer. and don't even get me started on millions of rpg's that are not mmo's with encounters that take much much longer then 10 seconds. I Never realized all of those people who play MMO's don't like 10 second encounters and want them considerably shorter. hmm learn something knew every day. I guess I'm a hardcore guy too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saýa View Post
    You and me both, there is so much i want to say, but shouldnt, that feeling is horrible !
    But, i CAN say that im looking forward to the game even more so now, then i was before.
    oh my gosh me too. Haven't looked forward to a game in quite a long time like I am with WildStar.

Grr, i'll kill some kittens or sacrifice lambs for beta key, participate in few beta key contest but no luck
    In stress test i tried all classes, atm my favourites are engineer and esper, race - Chua and Mechari for Dominion, Mordesh for Exile.
    So bored with WoW, nothing to play atm on Xone.
    I found some keys on auction sites but they cost 30-60 bucks
    Last edited by Tindr; 2014-02-17 at 04:15 PM.

I feel you buddy, the worst part is that's not even a bad price but most likely a scam.

game was loads of fun

Got to say that I'm very impressed.

I was seriously expecting log-ins and other huge malfunctions due to it being a stress test. Had nothing but a few latency issues here and there. Came across hardly any bugs. The game play itself was outstanding and I can't wait to see what end game looks like. Played every class on Exile and loved them all. It's a toss up between Medic and Warrior, though. Made it to 25 medic and I was impressed with the few dungeons I got to see. Healing them was a blast. Heh, said I'd never heal ever again after Vanilla WoW and I loved healing people in this game.

(If this breaks nda, my bad. Though hopefully I said what I could without breaking anything.)

I am completely in love with this sci-fi movie themed mmo. Sorta gets me at something the 50's would make up for one of their movies.

Now I get to have withdrawals until the game fully comes out.
    "And so it begins, grab on to your nipples, it's gonna be one hell of a ride." ~ Meteoria
    "AND THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YOU'RE MENTAL FOR LIKING A GIGGLE STICK MORE THAN A HAM WALLET!! PEOPLE WHO THINK A LIFE OF BEING HATED AND BEATEN AND MURDERED IS SOMETHING A PERSON WOULD CHOOSE TO DO WILLINGLY JUST TO BLOW ANOTHER GUY OR LICK ANOTHER CHICK'S FANNY!!!" ~ Reddit user

Man, I am dying to try this game. Was quite disappointed not to get into the stress test this weekend. I wish I could hear some more of the soundtrack. Everyone seems to say it's really good, but it's often turned off during streams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Man, I am dying to try this game. Was quite disappointed not to get into the stress test this weekend. I wish I could hear some more of the soundtrack. Everyone seems to say it's really good, but it's often turned off during streams.
    Forty three minutes of it can be found here.

https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/s...r-mmo-ost-cues
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Here is a list:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5RvC...BSdpVipWcPZZ5I
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Dat double jump.

You will never be able to not double jump all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just sick of checking everyday is preorder is up. Or even a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Forty three minutes of it can be found here.

https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/s...r-mmo-ost-cues
    Awesome, thank you!

It would seem the optimal way to play is 2x a powerful DPS class + rested EXP. It diminished probably 90% of the 'grind' feeling for me, although, it was not erased completely. The remaining 10% had to do with certain quests and challenges (some of which require you to kill ~30 enemies within the timer just to get bronze). Regardless, it was actually an enjoyable rate of progress with that setup and I went from not even being able to play for an hour to losing track of time.

I'm not sure that Wildstar's method of quest tracking is actually an improvement. Instead of outright showing you that you need to kill 20 more of an enemy it will only show you a percentage. I know some people consider that better psychologically, but I actually think it makes things worse in some cases in an "OMG, how many more of these things do we have to kill?!" sort of way.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: how much are stress testers allowed to say? From all I know even after the test all testers are still under NDA, right?

I NEED PEOPLE NEED to express their experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Question: how much are stress testers allowed to say? From all I know even after the test all testers are still under NDA, right?

I NEED PEOPLE NEED to express their experiences.
    Yep, the NDA is still active except for those given specific permissions. Of course there are "places" that are more relaxed about such things.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure that Wildstar's method of quest tracking is actually an improvement. Instead of outright showing you that you need to kill 20 more of an enemy it will only show you a percentage. I know some people consider that better psychologically, but I actually think it makes things worse in some cases in an "OMG, how many more of these things do we have to kill?!" sort of way.
    agreed.

it works very well in gw2, because there are pretty much always several different ways to gain 'quest' progress. wildstar seems to try and copy that, but most quests really are simply "kill 20 of these" or "collect 10 of those", in which case not knowing the actual number is just annoying.
    sometimes there is, for example, a bigger enemy that gives more progress on kill than the normal, weaker ones, but that certainly seems to be the exception. and even then, just having two different enemy types to kill doesn't come close to the number and variety of objectives in gw2.

also, hi guys, how's it going?^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is there any date for open beta?

Deleted
    But it opens up the possibility of killing stronger and weaker foes for the same quest. If you have to kill wolves but manage to kill the alpha wolf which counts 3x as much as a normal wolf, it would be weird to count numbers. Percentages are more in line with this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the quest tracking. If you kill a mob tagged by another player you get a percentage as well (and less than the player), which is fair and makes people help themselves.

I NEED BETA. NOW. D: