Deleted
    This is an interesting article about Wildstar-Subs:

http://tobolds.blogspot.de/2014/07/w...n-numbers.html

Quoting:

Quote Originally Posted by http://tobolds.blogspot.de/2014/07/wildstar-subscription-numbers.html
    Every week I look at the Nosy Gamer's Digital Dozen MMORPG XFire activity chart ( http://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2014/0...july-2014.html ). Which is getting less and less statistically significant every week, due to XFire not exactly being growing. However the chart shows trends which are probably roughly correct. And Wildstar activity numbers have been constantly decreasing by large percentages each week, to the point where they are now behind Guild Wars 2, a drop of over 60% from the peak. And that in just a few weeks, we aren't even talking "three-monther" here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    This is an interesting article about Wildstar-Subs:

http://tobolds.blogspot.de/2014/07/w...n-numbers.html

Quoting:
    Well, I for one will be happy to play when Wildstar goes F2P, or Freemium. At this point I just refuse to pay for the privilege of access for any game anymore.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

On part with Hearthstone and Minecraft?

Xfire activity:
    http://social.xfire.com/games/wldstr
    http://social.xfire.com/games

Not even close. Hearthstone is sitting at 1640 players @ 2644 hours. Minecraft is 676 @ 1590. Wildstar = 133 players. 505 hours.

Then you look at Raptr: Wildstar has dropped to 15th overall this week, under FFXIV. It's currently a few spots above GW2, but looking at the trends, GW2 will surpass it over next month and drop it to the #4 MMO slot.

Don't even bother looking at Twitch.... this is all you'll see, every day (taken 30 seconds ago):
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

I'm not even sure I would play it if it goes F2P

GW2, Firefall and PoE is satisfying all my needs now, I just need a sandbox...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Nope. They should stick to their niche. People that was easy casual content have plenty of other game choices.
    I fixed that for you

I'm in one of the currently world top10 guilds. What does it matter, are you going to come beat me up or something?

But if you're looking for a good realm to play on then I'd suggest EU-Hazak ... We seem to have the most high ranked raidguilds.
    No, I'm saying that you are not from "two 20 man raids on farm" guild. Prove it or drop "the hardcore raider" act.

Yes.. exactly what I meant. Go have fun with your Minesweeper and FlappyBird games.
    GW2, Firefall and PoE is satisfying all my needs now, I just need a sandbox...
    Reading is hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They should stick to their niche. People that want easy casual content have plenty of other choices.
    Well, as nice as that is in theory, if that niche isn't paying the bills it won't stay online. Simple as that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They should stick to their niche. People that want easy casual content have plenty of other choices.
    Yeah dont worry about this, they wont flack. They stole all the good guild from all those casual mmos. They are all playing the game right now. They ll manage to lure the mass later, its the easiest part.

Cant wait for Aug5 they ll prolly make a move that day hehehe
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-07-26 at 03:42 PM.

Apparently it is.
    and so is determining what a flappy bird is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse, yet at this point it's quite baseless to assume they're not making enough money.
    Oh I agree. 2-3 months is NOT enough time to make any reasonable predictions on where the game is going without a strong series of data points (such as a steady monthly sub loss) or some massive event of some kind (like the servers exploding and the game being down for two weeks and then the Devs refusing to reimburse lost sub time). By 6 months we should be able to make a good call on it's long-term sustainability though, and come September we'll probably get an investor report on how much money it's been making.

Just, be kind.

Says about every person ever who couldn't be arsed to get the attunement done. "It's all super-easy, I just can't be bothered you know, in between all the chicks I've to bang and my professional career as a 5-star general fighter-pilot-surgeon. Don't nobody have no time for timesinks. #dodgingredeasy"
    Are we implying the attunement is hard again? ugggh

Annoying enough to have the same few people moan about it for a few hundred pages apparently.
    I fixed it again for you

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Are we implying the attunement is hard again? ugggh
    Apparently we are

Those Fixes are amazing.
    They just keep coming! I CAN'T KEEP UP

Do raid mechanics still change every week? Or did they botch that like solo content?

Deleted
    I can't get how anyone can think of artificial gating as something positive.

Attunements as a short skill check to make sure people will not just collapse in front of a raid boss? OK. Introduction to the raid's lore aspect? OK. Artificial "kill 10 world bosses, collect 23586324 of this" timesink? Hell no. Did I mention levelling "just because there always was"? It's not that players can't force their way through, like they always did. It could be so much more fun though, and nowadays there are alternatives, so noone needs to put up with this c**p anymore.

TL;DR: Artificial content extension worked in 19-something because of lack of alternative games. In 2014, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse, yet at this point it's quite baseless to assume they're not making enough money. And this thread really isn't meant to be spammed with "LOL FAIL" posts by angry casuals who can't work up the energy to spend an hour to get some rep.
    Jesus now I remember why I don't like you. Your post was totally fine and I even agreed with it, and then you edit it to totally bag on other people.

Just one more for the list.

Just, be kind.

And you keep telling yourself you couldn't get into a raid because the attunement was too "annoying" for you.
    Wow we must of really hit a bone if you have to dedicate several dozen pages to being the only person who has to protect the 'hardcore' content from all of us dirty casuals, no wonder you are a hardcore if you have this much time to dedicate to an unaffiliated forum thread and so much time dedicated to insulting people you deem beneath you. You are a fine example of your community. We must of really gotten under your skin.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2014-07-26 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Slightly off-topic: Some of the fights (at a first glance) seem to get a lot easier with gear, not just the "standard amount". For instance, Phage-Maw gets easier because people have more HP, more healing and more DPS. But not just that, the side-DPS-check (the bombs) gets easier (less bombs to kill, less precise timing required). Thus you can leave some people on the boss, which makes it fall over even faster.

Considering the triple scaling of gear, AMPs and ability points (with elder gems), things are bound to get ridiculous. Gear (and time) checks for the win.

PS: I'd very much like to join in on the fun of ridiculing Anarch, but, as I am quite new, I'd probably get banned.