Remember guys, hardcore can never fail, hardcore can only be failed. If this game turned out to be a disaster, then clearly long attunements and exclusive raids aren't really hardcore after all. Never mind that every hardcore on these forums had been screaming for exactly those things for years.

Reality check: This was it. It's over. Everyone is pretty much done trying to clone WoW, much less trying to clone Vanilla WoW. There will never be a successful "hardcore MMO" as people here understand the term. The future is a slowly declining WoW with it's LFR and casual bullshit staying on top forever, until the genre finally dies off or is reinvigorated with sandbox games that don't particularly resemble anything we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Same, it's still the only MMO that has managed to captivate me since TBC. So they did something right at least, just maybe not what the new casual market enjoys.
    I'm more hardcore than you and it didn't captivate me at all.

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    I'm more hardcore than you and it didn't captivate me at all.

YMMV.
    Him and mini are like Baghdad Bobs. It's very amusing to read their posts.

Friendly reminder to discuss the game, not peoples posting habits.

Hey guys. I'm interested in giving Wildstar a try, but I'm hesitant to shell out the $60. Does anyone still have a trial key? I'd be extremely grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggins84 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm interested in giving Wildstar a try, but I'm hesitant to shell out the $60. Does anyone still have a trial key? I'd be extremely grateful!
    There's a thread to ask for one already in the forums. I'd also suggest posting on your main account here since people typically don't trust single post members. Our accounts are held liable if the trial member does anything shady.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    There's a thread to ask for one already in the forums. I'd also suggest posting on your main account here since people typically don't trust single post members. Our accounts are held liable if the trial member does anything shady.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I never had a MMO Champion account before =p

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If people just spoke about the game, I wouldn't occasionally pop in

Sadly with the game, there is nothing to talk about, so instead others like to argue about MMOs in general here lol.
    I was going to say the same thing. This thread is mostly about comparisons to other MMOs. There hasn't been much Wildstar discussion outside of attunements (*yawn*) since probably before release in the very brief window between the NDA dropping and when the last round of invite codes were given out for their "open" beta.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    seeing most play in groups.....wildstar is perfect for us all loving it
    You say this all the time.

Can you tell me exactly what you do in game which you love.

Are you 50?
    Do the same easy boring max level dungeons entertain you? All 4 of them.
    Or do you actually find boring tediously long adventures fun? (10 mins is too long for an adventure with zero threat of failure)
    Or do you like discos?
    Or do you like the awesome solo end game content?

It's still $60

Just did a google search and if you trust certain websites, you can get it for $35.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2014-08-31 at 02:03 AM.

I don't even know if mini is even playing, you see him bouncing around FF14 and Archage.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I've seen it on Ebay for as cheap as $35. You may find it cheaper.

All this ill will towards Wildstar is due to people feeling insulted. Insulted that all crap they've trudged through for 20 years in MMO and the lessons that have been learnt along the way have been thrown out the window by Carbine. Wildstar wasn't built with Carbines money, NCSoft was looking to fund an MMO and Carbine won the contract. Basically Carbine has robbed the world of a quality AAA MMO and may of put off future investors into MMO's due to its poor showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    All this ill will towards Wildstar is due to people feeling insulted. Insulted that all crap they've trudged through for 20 years in MMO and the lessons that have been learnt along the way have been thrown out the window by Carbine. Wildstar wasn't built with Carbines money, NCSoft was looking to fund an MMO and Carbine won the contract. Basically Carbine has robbed the world of a quality AAA MMO and may of put off future investors into MMO's due to its poor showing.
    It's just another subscription based game in an age where subs are dead on arrival. I'm sure after some alterations and a f2p roll out the game will be decently profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    It's just another subscription based game in an age where subs are dead on arrival. I'm sure after some alterations and a f2p roll out the game will be decently profitable.
    A sub-based game can survive under certain circumstances.

A.) Developers are well aware that they won't have WoW-style numbers and are alright with making okay money, but not crazy money.
    B.) You're capable of creating a game that is fresh without rehashing the same tired MMORPG cliches.

Eve Online seems to hit on both of these.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    A sub-based game can survive under certain circumstances.

A.) Developers are well aware that they won't have WoW-style numbers and are alright with making okay money, but not crazy money.
    B.) You're capable of creating a game that is fresh without rehashing the same tired MMORPG cliches.

Eve Online seems to hit on both of these.
    EVE Online is also 10 years old and running with a very dedicated core playerbase, which I feel has a lot to do with its survival (even though its subscriptions are dwindling a little). Either way I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be successful in its original (or even its current) format if it had been released this year.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You say this all the time.

Can you tell me exactly what you do in game which you love.

Are you 50?
    Do the same easy boring max level dungeons entertain you? All 4 of them.
    Or do you actually find boring tediously long adventures fun? (10 mins is too long for an adventure with zero threat of failure)
    Or do you like discos?
    Or do you like the awesome solo end game content?

It's still $60

Just did a google search and if you trust certain websites, you can get it for $35.
    All of the above.....MOP is worth buying now too, you can pick it up for $9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't even know if mini is even playing, you see him bouncing around FF14 and Archage.
    My old signature said, Playing more than one game at a time is not a crime, it's a luxury!
    Enjoying more than one game at a time is pleasurable self-indulgent activity.
    Got a few level 50, even got a level 50 medic called ministabber, that I do housing and dailies on
    EDIT: hes even beloved with northern wastes ^^ just got the medic his first 2 rep epics...whoop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Are they doing any new Drusera story quests in the next drop? I loved the lore of this game, so im kinda excited on how the story will end out.
    Yep the lore is in the world story in the new drop, like a fool I picked up the quest and went there the other week lmao, you don't need to raid or anything
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2014-08-31 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    EVE Online is also 10 years old and running with a very dedicated core playerbase, which I feel has a lot to do with its survival (even though its subscriptions are dwindling a little). Either way I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be successful in its original (or even its current) format if it had been released this year.
    Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that it actually increased subscribers last year is pretty impressive. Even if it was only up to half a million. But that goes back to circumstance A.

The subscription model is still fairly popular. Whilst there's plenty of people who don't want to pay a monthly fee for an MMO there's also plenty of people who do wish to pay a monthly fee if it means avoiding some of the pitfalls and controversies that often arise with the F2P model. It's unfortunate that MMO's such as WoW combined a subscription and a cash shop however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    The subscription model is still fairly popular. Whilst there's plenty of people who don't want to pay a monthly fee for an MMO there's also plenty of people who do wish to pay a monthly fee if it means avoiding some of the pitfalls and controversies that often arise with the F2P model. It's unfortunate that MMO's such as WoW combined a subscription and a cash shop however.
    I'm one of those people who wants a subscription game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    I'm one of those people who wants a subscription game.
    Same or I'd never buy anything and have a sub standard experience. Take my money monthly via direct debit so I don't have to think about it, that's how I do it for my clients in my work.