Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    With me being very negative about Wildstar due to it being a massive missed opportunity and a huge personal disappointment, 3 things Wildstar did right are:

1. Soundtrack (only pity is that there is a lot of reusing, remixing and such, but it's mostly due to having 500 Eldan Vaults with the same Cold Science of Supremacy tune everywhere, it's good... just too much reused, unfortunately)
    2. Combat responsiveness (note not the combat itself, actually, it's pretty meh, IMO, but almost as responsive as WoW's)
    3. Housing

Everything else is a clusterfuck of bad decisions, which, sadly, led to this wreck of a MMO.
    Yep, in the same boat as well. Played at launch, got a couple of characters to max level. Housing was good, how responsive the game was, was good, and I didn't mind the graphics since they appeal to me.

Outside of all of that, it takes more than housing to keep me playing a game.

Don't even get me started on the rehashed starter zones as daily areas.

I recently dropped my WoW sub and my guild to put 100% effort into Wildstar for the upcoming year. Idk if that's dedication or me being an idiot but either way i want this game to succeed and i'm putting my money all in so i see the best results as possible. I played when Wildstar was first released and was very impressed with the gameplay aspect, just not the server stability. So, i left. Now i'm back and i want to stick it out and see the end game content and what this game has to offer. I'm hooked, i have been hooked. Now i just need be around like minded players. Who's recruiting on Entity? Add me~ Ardevon Pashkowsky!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Obviously they're not gonna announce a new raid until the final boss of the previous one has been downed. At least. Otherwise is just plain stupid. "Hey there! It's been half a year since the last raid came out, and although no one has yet killed the final boss of that one (Actually, no one even raids it anymore for progression!), were going to give you something to look forward to that requires killing the unkillable boss of our last raid: a new raid! One that you can't even play!"
    Wowowow, I just said Avatus has yet to be killed, nothing else or implied anything. We do already know of Augmentor's 20 aka the boss in a box raid which is on the PTR, which is basically the next raid and a upcoming Redmoon Terror that was datamined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Augmentors is or was tuned between GA and DS when i asked about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Augmentors is or was tuned between GA and DS when i asked about it.
    Yeah, but question is whether that's without the hardmode mechanic or not. TT revealed that they've taken the idea of Hardmode for this boss in a ulduar'esque fashion, so you can click a button and the fight suddenly becomes a notch harder.

There is supposedly another boss in a box coming in that same patch/drop, however nothing is known about it other than it's officially set to be launched with Augmentor's 20 in drop 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Astry View Post
    Yep, in the same boat as well. Played at launch, got a couple of characters to max level. Housing was good, how responsive the game was, was good, and I didn't mind the graphics since they appeal to me.

Outside of all of that, it takes more than housing to keep me playing a game.

Don't even get me started on the rehashed starter zones as daily areas.
    That was so.....yesterday

Drop 4 is so.....tomorrow

http://www.readycheck.org/en/forum/w...ontent-drop-4/

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post

Yesterday is today if you check up on things...

Putting all your hope into one patch is a bad idea, since every other patch broke the game.

#Whatwillpatch4break

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    granting subscribers higher weekly caps of raid currency which puts them at an advantage in terms of how quickly they can get the best gear over free players
    What's wrong with that? they get it faster......wooooo?

As cool as this is, lets remember half of this was suppose to be in drop 3 and we are still a month or 2 away from drop 4.

Don't put your eggs in one basket so to speak.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account

Nice will boot up the game again then and see who i know that's still playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    As cool as this is, lets remember half of this was suppose to be in drop 3 and we are still a month or 2 away from drop 4.

Don't put your eggs in one basket so to speak.
    What was promised to be in drop 3 that's in drop 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    What was promised to be in drop 3 that's in drop 4?
    The new dungeon and endgame itemization changes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Never read anything 100% on that (please link) I know lots of things have been on the PTR but that does mean it's game ready or included in the next drop!

Deleted
    These are the only official statements by developers I could find when it comes to itemization and Protostar academy/

Quote Originally Posted by J-Tal
    We have a few changes coming in November's Drop that will definitely help things out in the short term - Rune system changes, Salvaging changes, etc. Then we have another slew of changes coming in the (currently scheduled for) January Drop including a complete reworking on currencies (Renown, Glory, and Elder Gems), new repeatable content (Veteran Shiphands/Protogames), a reworking of how World Loot is distributed, and reitemization of Veterans through Datascape. I'll be able to talk more about the January features after the November update goes live and we can get the post-Nov changes up on the PTR for your testing and consumption. And we've even begun work on systems coming in the (currently scheduled for) April Drop. It will be a very exciting next couple of months.
    This post was back in late'ish August, so well before drop 3 and this was how they planned it out.

And for Protostar dungeon;
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeTravel
    Quote Originally Posted by VicVanMeter
    Wait, this isn't making it into drop 3, is it?
    It is not--that's why the notes are marked ptr-only. However, we wanted to call out the changes for the folks that've helped test and give feedback on the dungeons on PTR
    I'm not sure if they inteded for Protostar to comes out with drop 3, but there has literally never been a official statement that they wanted to push it out for the drop that I can find. It's suggested by J-tals post that they did already intend for Protostart to come with January/February's drop 4 content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    With me being very negative about Wildstar due to it being a massive missed opportunity and a huge personal disappointment, 3 things Wildstar did right are:

1. Soundtrack (only pity is that there is a lot of reusing, remixing and such, but it's mostly due to having 500 Eldan Vaults with the same Cold Science of Supremacy tune everywhere, it's good... just too much reused, unfortunately)
    2. Combat responsiveness (note not the combat itself, actually, it's pretty meh, IMO, but almost as responsive as WoW's)
    3. Housing

Everything else is a clusterfuck of bad decisions, which, sadly, led to this wreck of a MMO.
    Agreed, especially if "combat responsiveness" is specifically and only some subset of combat fluidity. Other aspects of the combat had issues imo, approaching ESO-like levels or worse...

I would also add it has/had some decent Physics movement, or more the potential for it: tethers of various kinds are in the game, floating platforms, motion over admittedly often awkward stairs and ramp, the unrealistic but, for some, superlative double jump, player unit transformations (animals, robots, drones) etc. There is even a grapple puzzle in one of the challenges.

For example, if Carbine had wanted, or could have actually focussed resources as much into the core gameplay of the game, they seem to have an engine easily capable of supporting Tribes-like accelerative motions or Quake-style 3D grapples.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-12-29 at 06:35 AM.

Deleted
    Can only speak for myself so that's what i'm gonna do.

Began playing on late beta and been loving Wildstar ever since. There were serious issues / bugs that needed to be attended since its official release and there's still some lingering around but its clearly much better and stable now.

I love the combat system and PvE end-game challenge (vet dungeons and raiding) and that's what keeps me hooked into Wildstar and enjoying my time playing it. I love the challenge and have no intention on giving up any time soon. I never do any PvP but i'm aware of serious issues that need to be sorted if Carbine want it to be properly balanced.

TL : DR totally recommend any dedicated PvE player looking for a refreshing and challenging end-game environment to try Wildstar because im quite sure most of you will LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by ValDrakath View Post
    Began playing on late beta and been loving Wildstar ever since. There were serious issues / bugs that needed to be attended since its official release and there's still some lingering around but its clearly much better and stable now.

I love the combat system and PvE end-game challenge (vet dungeons and raiding) and that's what keeps me hooked into Wildstar and enjoying my time playing it. I love the challenge and have no intention on giving up any time soon.

TL : DR totally recommend any dedicated PvE player looking for a refreshing and challenging end-game environment to try Wildstar because im quite sure most of you will LOVE IT.
    Hmm, first post with new account, I wonder if this could be someone else...

I have to wonder, if most people would LOVE IT wouldn't it be insanely popular right now? I guess I shouldn't complain though, this is actually a legit post detailing what they enjoy about the game which seems to be somewhat rare.
    Last edited by Post; 2014-12-29 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Rare may have a lot more to do with the forum it's posted on than anything....don't you think!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few people still play wildstar seems to be a lot of guild shuffling going around my old guild has vanished completely and probably merged into something else but what no idea, expecting them to be in DS though.

No idea were you can even find update progress.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rare may have a lot more to do with the forum it's posted on than anything....don't you think!
    Not really. Most people in this thread were posting positive things about the game before they played it.