Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I wasn't having as much stuttering today when I was playing. So not sure if it just needed a restart or what.

Is there a way to 'preview' gear without equiping it? I have a chest in my bag that's BoE and I'm not sure if I should equip it, save it for 'transmog', or what. I'm assuming AHing stuff is pointless since gear seems to come at a decent pace.
    You could also try /reloadui if it starts lagging, usually that fixes everything.

For previewing stuff get this addon http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...viewimprovedex it allows you to preview items that you class can't use, don't have level etc. Keep in mind that if you are light armor user you can use medium / heavy for costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Check out Skyforge by the guys who made Allods Online. If you don't like Tera's gameplay, you may not like it, but it's the next up and comnig SciFi fantasy MMO. http://sf.my.com/us

I agree that Wildstar's aesthetic was the strongest point it had...it didn't really feel very SciFi though. Even with all the ships and robots, the overarching fantasy style was much stronger.
    Sorry for OT, but damn that looks hot. Action combat has been growing on me the more games I've played using it (so I guess this is kinda Wildstar-related). I wanted to like Tera, and there was nothing wrong with the game itself...but a strange thing happened, which was that I could not find a class I liked. That has never happened to me before, usually I like at least 2-3. But daym, not a problem with this Skyforge game, no sir. Had a main picked out in like 5 minutes.

The only thing that concerns me is Allods was heavily P2W at endgame. Liked the game a lot otherwise. But what's this, the trailer says, "In collaboration with Obsidian Entertainment". The Obsidian, developer of some of my all-time favorite RPGs?...!! (barely audible squee)

To tie this all back in to Wildstar, just read an interview with Obsidian's Skyforge development director, Eric DeMilt...who just also happens to be an Ex-Carbine employee--Senior Producer, in fact. And he also worked for Interplay back in the day as a producer on...Fallout 2. Hot damn.

Anyway, it's really nice to see some ex-Carbine people getting new work. I felt bad about those layoffs last year; I'm really glad I don't work in the industry.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obsidian are just making it culturally compatible with western market. I would avoid that game as plague.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    tried this out and it seems to be very slow, does it get faster at higher level?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    *snip*
    Yeah I just noticed it the other day, but it looks really well and I like the gameplay. It's going to be F2P and/or has a very low priced founders pack at $20. I didn't know that Carbine people were working on it though, so that's cool. It is interesting to see how people move around in the industry and see what Obsidian is getting up to now. They just released Pillars of Eternity, don't know if you saw that...it's basically a modern day version of those old RPGs. You may want to check that out.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    tried this out and it seems to be very slow, does it get faster at higher level?
    Wildstar ? if so then yes...but then again like all games it depends on the player

( Standing still is the one option that does not exist ^^ )
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-03-28 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    Slow compared to what, give us a point of reference.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Wildstar ? if so then yes...but then again like all games it depends on the player

( Standing still is the one option that does not exist ^^ )
    As I get more abilities the game feels like it's made for playing with a Naga. I have issues contorting my fingers across all my #'s while also trying to strafe or whatever.

As I get more abilities the game feels like it's made for playing with a Naga. I have issues contorting my fingers across all my #'s while also trying to strafe or whatever.
    I've had a Logitech G13 for (I think) 5 years now and I couldn't live without it in MMO's. Not a mouse, a left-hand gamepad. Razer makes a similar thing, Orbweaver, and a smaller one I can't remember the name of. I use the thumbstick to move around, freeing all my fingers for hotkeys. Being able to move without taking fingers away from hotkeys is golden. I do have a mouse with the 12-button sidepad (G600, Logitech's version of the Naga) but I find finding the right key to be way more intuitive on the G13, since it's more similar to a keyboard. Plus you have four fingers instead of having just the thumb to hit buttons so it's faster.

Nice Mercy avatar btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidezen View Post
    I've had a Logitech G13 for (I think) 5 years now and I couldn't live without it in MMO's. Not a mouse, a left-hand gamepad. Razer makes a similar thing, Orbweaver, and a smaller one I can't remember the name of. I use the thumbstick to move around, freeing all my fingers for hotkeys. Being able to move without taking fingers away from hotkeys is golden. I do have a mouse with the 12-button sidepad (G600, Logitech's version of the Naga) but I find finding the right key to be way more intuitive on the G13, since it's more similar to a keyboard. Plus you have four fingers instead of having just the thumb to hit buttons so it's faster.

Nice Mercy avatar btw.
    Thanks, I just MS paint cropped a pic from the Overwatch site when they put it up during Blizzcon lol...

I've played WoW with a Deathadder (two side buttons) for maybe 6-7 years of my 10 years. But switched to a Siberia Sensei RAW Frost a month~ ago since my second Deathadder crapped out after like 3 months. I am loving it and I need to bind my buttons to the side buttons. I'm just not keen on the 'game pad' things. Whenever I look at one it makes my hand hurt and setting my hand on one at say a Bestbuy they just field to weird. I'm just not hip enough for today's gaming peripherals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would simply just bind the filler or spammed ability to a mouse key. Used that on my stalker for shred.

I used a corsair vengeance when i played wildstar daily

Stop keeping abilities bound to #'s...
    If you use WASD to move (I've used ESDF for extra buttons since like 1998) then you can bind abilities to 1-4,Q Z E R X. Another reason I use ESDF so I can use WQAZR 1-4 for abilities. Was my weapon binds in games like quake and UT so made it super easy everything was like second nature and easy to strike in combat.

EU players.

What server to play on? I hear there are only 2 servers? I preffer PvP servers I guess.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    EU players.

What server to play on? I hear there are only 2 servers? I preffer PvP servers I guess.
    Just answered your own question there pal

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    EU players.

Correct, one PvP and one PvE server per region. Though by all accounts, the PvP servers are pretty empty and most folks are playing on the PvE server. No numbers to confirm this, just what I've read around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Correct, one PvP and one PvE server per region. Though by all accounts, the PvP servers are pretty empty and most folks are playing on the PvE server. No numbers to confirm this, just what I've read around the internet.
    Yep, game seems dead :s We'll I will give it a trial atleast. New PC to finally play it now.

Looking at youtube videos etc, it sure dosent paint a good picture. Maybe its the same as when I play Rift atm (57 xd)
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2015-03-30 at 07:26 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pretty much every PvPer is taking advantage of free transfer to PvE realm since it has a decent population and you "only" lose out on open world PvP (which you wouldn't have on the low pop pvp server anyhow).

This is a side-effect of NCsoft giving free transfers from PvP > PvE but not the other way around when megaservers came about.
    Even with the game having stemmed the population bleed and arguably showing signs of growth (we can only judge from activity since no one has hard numbers, but activity and "apparent" population is visibly higher) there's not going to be enough new players rolling on the PvP megaserver to offset the continuing transfers to the nicely populated PvE one.

Drop 5 with the bigger focus on PvP quality of life changes might paint a different picture if it is combined with free transfers PvE > PvP.

Deleted
    I thought they allowed PvE to PvP transfers months ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ppe View Post
    I thought they allowed PvE to PvP transfers months ago?
    It was one way first so only from PvP to PvE, while the change happened months ago all of us "big" PvE guilds didn't wanted to risk it and we all moved gradually to the PvE servers since we could always move back and we knew most would do the same. Once one guild made the jump off the PvP servers the first domino fell and all the rest followed.

If Carbine never made it one way to begin with, this would have never happened at least not to this extend as it did that's what i believe at least.

Deleted
    You can change servers free each 7 days, I'd join exile and Jabbit first on the EU

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetrial/

- - - Updated - - -

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/124282-game-update-31-march-2015/
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2015-03-31 at 07:51 AM.