Deleted

Demonology Gear issues

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...de/Aory/simple <- My Warlock for a start and here comes my questions that i hope someone can help me with

1.I have gimped some mastery to be honest to try to reach the hastecap 1846 for goblins for an extra tick and i am thinking if its worth it for my dps to get that extra tick or if i should try and not to think of it and go full mastery with my type of gear? Is there any way i can see that more easily than reforging and gemming and enchanting ingame. I know simcraft but that only works with the current setup armory is using if i understand it correctly. I dont want to spend loads of gold for a thing like this. When it might not even be a dps gain for me in the end since if its not then i will need to regem etc back to this and i dont want that.

2. I am doing the molten front dailys for the monwell chalice trinket which is BiS for demo and when i get that i am going to use it instead of soul casket. But then comes my other problem. I will loose 128 in hit. And that makes me 15.84% hit. And it annoys me when i am not hitcapped. I got the tol barad trinket that i can use but then i cant use the darkmoon card which is awesome for demo. So i am in a quite dilemma in this situation :/

3. A mate of mine said that he could get the BoE boots from FL to me. The Crit/Haste one.. Would that be much better than the current ones i have?

I know this might be some wierd questions but i am quite new to warlocks since i havent played it so much since i dinged 85 so excuse me for my noob questions.
    I am going to get T12 Chest next i think which i will get this reset of VP and that will boost my hit some if that helps.

Go for hit cap if you can as Demo, but don't sweat it if you're short

Deleted
    That didnt help me so much ^^

I just answered #2 for you

the tier chest or hands would help you immensely with hit once you get the chalice. The int alone from the chalice would be worth swapping it in place of the casket. If you are always going to be demo, from what I've been reading, it seems full mastery or haste "cap" then mastery builds are both viable. In mostly 359s it may be best for you just to go full mastery though. You can reforge your signet of the 5th circle for some hit if you need though. Reforge back to hit on your bracers. Reforge hit onto your neck. int/hit gem in your gloves.
    Looks like you'll be fine on hit when you get the chalice.

on the haste "cap" vs mastery builds. From what I've read/experienced an extra tick on corr isn't phenomenal or necessary for single targets, but it might be a dps increase on multiple target fights like alysrazor...maybe beth. but then for most fights in firelands you have a burn phase where a mastery stacked/chaliced doomguard would be fantastic. Personally I stay haste "cap" as demo cuz it's my offspec for when we don't have an ele sham, and I perform just fine. usually just a little behind our affi locks.

TBH, gearing for Demo is immensely dependent on your playstyle.

If you're stacking Meta / Chalice / Demon Soul (felguard) like you should, then straight mastery is the way to go.

If you're okay doing less dps, then, sure change your playstyle and stack haste and hope for impending doom procs. If you're playing Demo optimally, however, haste really only gets you a bit faster spell casting and maybe an extra corruption tick...but it does almost nothing for your immolate or Bane of Doom.

Felguard is not huge over the length of the fight. I recently ran three sims of my character. The first was using the "proper" way of hard summoning out the felguard for each demon soul. The second way was just using a fel hunter the whole fight. The third way was starting with a felguard for the first demon soul then not switching back to him afterwards. While the first way was the highest dps, the second way was only 250 dps behind and the third way was a mere 50 dps behind.

I personally go for the 1846 hast step since I am in a 10 man guild and I need to go afflic at times so I need what haste I can get even if it means sacrificing some mastery.

I know these don't directly answer your questions but hopefully they will help point you in the direction that works best for you.

Deleted
    Hm.. i got stump of time today from tol barad i wonder if i should use it with darkmoon card instead of soul casket until i get the chalice. since i had counted wrong and i will not get the chalice for a another week :/. Since i have gimped quite alot of stats to regain hit and if i add the stump of time then i can regain thoose stats again.
    Wonder if i should try and then see if my dps is going up or down.

Hey. Get the tier gloves, they have hit/haste (i think....). This will allow you to run with Chalice and DMC. Those boots will be better for you, because of the int alone. You may want to hold off on equipping them til you can get yourself more hit, but honestly, you can run with 16% hit and not notice it, yes, you may miss something occasionally, but you'll be ok. Obviously, aim at getting the hit, but don't take gear with less int, just to stay at 1742.

I've just had a look on wowhead, at the compare tool thing, and using the tier gloves and the FL boots if you can get them will give you an extra 98 int. You won't lose any hit, in fact you'd gain 4, and also gain 90 haste too.

Have a look yourself, it's at

http://www.wowhead.com/compare

A
    dd item, Balespider's Handwraps and Coalwalker Sandals along with the boots and gloves you have currently. You can reforge items by right clicking them and can also put items into groups (which is the bit i find most useful for seeing how a new item will affect the rest of your gear). You make "groups" by dragging the gear icon on top of the other icon you want in the group. I've had groups of 4 items, but i'm not sure how many things you can have in there.

Sooooooo moral of the story, go run BH, fingers crossed for the gloves!! If not, get running dungeons and get yourself the gloves, and ask your mate for the boots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bvheide View Post
    TBH, gearing for Demo is immensely dependent on your playstyle.

If you're stacking Meta / Chalice / Demon Soul (felguard) like you should, then straight mastery is the way to go.

If you're okay doing less dps, then, sure change your playstyle and stack haste and hope for impending doom procs. If you're playing Demo optimally, however, haste really only gets you a bit faster spell casting and maybe an extra corruption tick...but it does almost nothing for your immolate or Bane of Doom.
    One sided much? lol
    Also, you may want to go read up on what haste actually does. The only spell it doesn't benefit is Curse of Doom, everything else will cast quicker or tick quicker (within the various extra tick thresholds).

There is a minute difference between stacking mastery and reaching the 1993 haste cap... it comes down to personal preference

Although now, with the moonwell chalice being sooooo good, you don't want too many ID procs. so if you'e going to be holding off meta for MWC time, you could probably go full mastery.