Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Welcome to enlightenment. <-- Said by future tetrisgoat.

I've been doing it for a few years, but only started enforcing it since December. Speaking of which, what did you think it was? I'm genuinely curious, seeing how you phrased it..
    I just thought they both used "Gigabyte". With hard drive manufacturers taking the prefix literally Giga-byte = Billion bytes and computers using a different definition and Gigabyte being 2^30 bytes.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Not according to the manufacturers.
    If you buy a 4GB stick of ram it'll have 4096MB, just check cpu-z if you don't believe me
    I know they do. And I realise I have more than 8GB RAM, for I have 8192MiB of RAM in both my notebook and my desktop. 8GiB.
    &nbsp;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I know they do. And I realise I have more than 8GB RAM, for I have 8192MiB of RAM in both my notebook and my desktop. 8GiB.
    is it odd that your extremely anal-retentive knowledge of the technicalities is making me want to find you and hug you?

if you, i retract that statement and issue this one:

Your technicalities impress me greatly.

From now on I will refer to them exclusively as 931GiB HDD's and scoff at anyone who dares to measure the size of an HDD in GB or TB.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.