HIS 6950 IceQ vs EVGA GTX650 ti

every other part in my new build I have picked besides the GPU, I have rounded it down to HIS Radeon HD6950 IceQ X and EVGA Geforce GTX560 Ti FPB

now I MAY crossfire/sli at a later date but atm im only running at 1680x1050 as thats my screens max, the games ima play most are BF3, diablo 3, formula one 2011 and batman arkham city

now i know batman arkham city will be better on the 560ti but the HIS 6950 iceQ seems like a good card from ATI with a realy nice heatsink [although aparently ATI have realy shit drivers and I have heard they are less stable]

so whats your opinion? anyone got eather of these cards or the same from a dif company?

I got a 6950.. it's great.
    Both are about the same in average quality... though they vary from game to game.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The 6950 is faster.

Pick whichever card runs your favourite game faster.

Also if possible get MSI Twin Frozr II instead, it has better cooler than HIS or EVGA.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Of those two cards, The Radeon HD 6950 will offer slightly better performance. But with such a resolution, the difference will be something like 110 FPS vs. 120 FPS, ergo barely noticeable.

Drivers aren't really an issue in either case. Both Catalyst and Forceware are up-to-date and reliable.

The only things that favor Nvidia are PhysiX support, in case you value such a thing, and "The way it's meant to be played" program, which generally results in optimized drivers before the release of a AAA title, rather than having to wait a month or two.

Personally I'd roll with the AMD GPU though, regardless of PhysiXs.

The IceQ cooler is not bad so you can overclock the card. Here is an overclocked version of the card with the same cooler.
    http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/im...-HD6970-67.jpg

hmm yeah I think I may go the IceQ as the MSI Twin Frozr II isnt avalable and the physx system is only in place for 1-2 of the games I want to play

ill probebly OC the IceQ but not by alot, im not a huge OCr I like to know my shit isnt gona blow up [although even non oc'd shit still blows up *looks down at old 4850 with this face :'( *

P.S. anyone know a good safe place to OC teh IceQ 6950 to? I know the 560's could get to 950/1000 pushing the card REALY hard wich I never want to do but I havent seen much about the AMD cards
    Last edited by diaboles; 2011-08-16 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diaboles View Post
    hmm yeah I think I may go the IceQ as the MSI Twin Frozr II isnt avalable and the physx system is only in place for 1-2 of the games I want to play

ill probebly OC the IceQ but not by alot, im not a huge OCr I like to know my shit isnt gona blow up [although even non oc'd shit still blows up *looks down at old 4850 with this face :'( *

P.S. anyone know a good safe place to OC teh IceQ 6950 to? I know the 560's could get to 950/1000 pushing the card REALY hard wich I never want to do but I havent seen much about the AMD cards
    950 is safe for a 6950... I got 950 on mine with the crappy reference-design fan.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

oh awsome to know ill probebly only set mine to 850-875 [as fast as I ride my motorbike and treat my body like shit I am worried more about my PC blowing up xD]

the 560 ti can easily get over 1 ghz though... 1000mhz here on automatic voltages!

And it was proven that the 560 ti scales with OC better than 6950, google some conparasions if you want to.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

If you can stand the look of the HIS-IceQ-cooler, it's obviously the better choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    the 560 ti can easily get over 1 ghz though... 1000mhz here on automatic voltages!And it was proven that the 560 ti scales with OC better than 6950, google some conparasions if you want to.
    Clockspeeds aren't comparable between GPUs. My 460 could reach 1050 from a 675 stock, that doesn't mean it'll beat out a stock GTX580 by 35%.
    And if you remove the cap-limiter from firmware on the 6950, it can clock past 950, and will likely scale just as good at the 560Ti.