Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I thought this thread was about the most important lift in WoW, and my answer would've been the one leading to thousand needles (pre Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    are you talking about the Manta Ray? http://www.adfit.com/mantaray/index.asp

i've been thinking about trying it out..
    Yes. It also forces the bar into a high shoulder position whereas lower position tends to give better alignment and leverage.

i thought this was a thread about the most important lift/elevator in wow

its not about wow you nerds, who gives a crap about wow here anyways huh

I believe it's either deadlift or squats. not 100% on that but pretty sure at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chevvy
    its not about wow you nerds
    Thread: Those annoying little things
    Quote Originally Posted by chevvy
    When my mum rushes down the basement while im on the computer UUGGHHH SERIOUSLY MOM
    Don't throw stones in glass houses.

Deadlift is a close second but I enjoy squats more.

While not most important, I'd say I enjoy weighted pull-ups the best. Although, I'd like to be able to do muscle ups eventually.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Really? Without the pads? Do you have ten inches of flub to prevent it from bruising or something?

The pads are awesome, unless you're doing half the weight you should be doing.
    Sorry for the late response as I've not payed much attention to this thread.

Nope, I start with a warm up set of 10x225, then go 8x275 and 6x315 (do this 2 more times) then a burnout set to fatigue of 135 with no pad. I don't see the big deal, it's really easily to rest it on your shoulder muscles without any kind of bruising. It's the way I've done it since high school. My main biff with the pads is it focuses the weight on less area, creating bigger pressure points.

I may be a special case, though. 6'4" 215, and in high school I was playing football around 240 so I still have quite a bit of bulk (muscle, not fat) left over. Perhaps it's different for smaller guys.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    When you get to heavier weight in powercleans just snapping it up is insufficient you will have to start to seriously drop under the weight putting you in a front squat position and that sir is ALL legs. Personal preference on the 2 rep part, I know plenty of powerlifters who would argue the contrary.
    Yes, I know. I've maxed powercleans many times in high school and used to do them in lower reps to build bulk and strengthen the hip snap. I just don't see any benefit to doing such little reps unless your goal is to build muscle and add weight. At lower levels where you tone muscle you don't really use your legs that much.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-08-24 at 03:15 AM.

The clean and press. Does so much for just one exercise

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Without the pads? Do you have ten inches of flub to prevent it from bruising or something?

I'd say power clean, less stress on the shoulders and you definitely use all your body when you do it correctly.

Edit: Saw who posted it, a bit surprised but some of us get really sore from the bar resting pretty much anywhere on the body...my skin is paper thin.
    As one mentioned before, the pad is what we call the bitch pad, I only needed it my first week when I started lifting in middle school, then again I don't squat with the bar on my shoulders anymore... it's about 1/3 of the way down my back to change the Center of Gravity, and make everything feel like a feather, if you're concerned about it damaging your neck and shoulders, do more shrugs and rear delt work :P my highest in competition raw squat is 545 (only a belt), equipped, 615 (single ply /w wraps).

a good set of traps and delts will always solve any problem..

Edit: take off some skin almost every workout, but the feeling of it generates a sense of accomplishment of a good workout.

If you could only do ONE?

Clean and Jerk.

Squats are considered the king of exercises by most credible fitness instructors. They work the largest muscle group in the body and the energy it takes to repair also help aiding weightloss when done on a caloric deficit.
    Deadlifts are amazing for core and your Spinae Erectae and hit the hammies decently
    Bench is mostly vanity.. Overhead press is far more useful. How often are you going to lift something horizontally with your back evenly supported?

I'd say power clean, less stress on the shoulders and you definitely use all your body when you do it correctly.

Edit: Saw who posted it, a bit surprised but some of us get really sore from the bar resting pretty much anywhere on the body...my skin is paper thin.

doyouevenlift

Going to go with squat. Pretty sure thats what Mark Rippetoe would say and he is the genius trainer amongst lifters.