Check this JRPG out- Solatorobo Red the Hunter!

There are so many highly hyped games comming out this year and many people tend to overlook the smaller ones. Namely solatorobo. An action rpg from the guys at cyberconnect for the ds. Localized in the US by Xseed! Most JRPGs that come to the states get overlooked or may seem bland. The company who created this was very passionate about it!

The game has so much in it im surprised its not hyped. Tho furries and internet may be the turn off for some. But it look really neat and I recommend giving it some attention! Heres some info on the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solatorobo:_Red_The_Hunter
    (FYI- my icons the main character)

So are most games when you think about it. Plus its just the opening trailer, not the game itself.
    (Animation provided from the guys who worked on death note)
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-08-16 at 01:07 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, a poorly done anime introduction video doesn't really tell me anything about this game... aside from it appealing to furries.

And the wikipedia description doesn't appear to make it sound any better.

Solatorobo is set on the floating islands of Shepherd Republic where two races of people, dogs and cats, live. The dog people are known as Caninu and the cat people are known as Felineko.

Soon, he and Elh travels all across the Shepherd Republic along with his younger sister Chocolat Gelato, uncovering the mysteries under the medal he suddenly obtained and discover the secret behind Elh's hidden past
    I mean, I know English translations are poorly done... but this takes it to a whole new level. Chocolat Gelato? Really?

Pass.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    I mean, I know English translations are poorly done... but this takes it to a whole new level. Chocolat Gelato? Really?

Pass.
    There also seems to be a guy called Waffle Ryebread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    There also seems to be a guy called Waffle Ryebread
    is this some sort of food based adventure game?

Gamers these days, whatever happened to the days where people played games before judging them. :/
    I guess I could post gameplay if no one gets this. Think megaman legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a pseudo-sequel to a platformer type game released on PS1 which at the moment the name escapes me but featured the same types of animal characters and game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    This is actually a pseudo-sequel to a platformer type game released on PS1 which at the moment the name escapes me but featured the same types of animal characters and game play.
    Yep! the game your thinking of is tails conserto. This is its spiritual successor.

It's actually very fun. A bit easy but still fun.
    Would hardly call it an rpg though.

Deleted
    Huh... kinda can't stop thinking about what Keiji Inafune (one of the creators of Street Fighter and Mega Man) said at the Tokyo Games Show....
    "I look around Tokyo Games Show, and everyone's making awful games; Japan is at least five years behind" (compared to western games)
    This looks not so bad... but... yeah... ain't a revolution at all...and furries really don't help make your game successful in the western market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice but seeing as it comes out on a soon-to-be-dead handheld console in this day and age of smartphones, meh.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

I played it. It's lovingly designed with some beautiful details and was overall better than expected.
    The story isn't sooo innovative but not bad either, the game is a little bit easy and straight-lined but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Maybe the last good title for the nds.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-08-17 at 11:42 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    I have to say the trailer is quite bad, it doesn't tell anything about the game or how I should expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    Looks nice but seeing as it comes out on a soon-to-be-dead handheld console in this day and age of smartphones, meh.
    Doesn't most smartphones run out of battery quite fast when running games? At least that's my experience.

Tales of Graces is going to be announced for europe sometime in 2012. That and GW2 is all I need.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Doesn't most smartphones run out of battery quite fast when running games? At least that's my experience.
    Both my old iPhone and my current Android phone can play 3D games (depending on power needed) for 3-5 hours straight without recharging. It's not the world but batteries always get better and I'll take shorter battery lifespan over having to carry around yet another gadget.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    This is what everyone says. Lots of great things come late to the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it looks great honestly, but I'm a little shallow when it comes to furries.

I'm a hypocrite since I love Sonic the Hedgehog, but I can't really play a game or watch animes with really dog like or cat like people. Maybe it's because I like Sonic so much that I try to tell myself I'm not a furry.

I don't know. Either way though I do think it looks very unique and I don't doubt that it's a really cool game. I just have my weird phobia for myself.