Mastery or hybrid gems? (prot)

Hey folks,

I wanted to ask some opinions and reach out for a little help. I've mainly been using askmrrobot for guidance on reforging and gemming, but after browsing some other characters on the 'rate the paladin above you' thread, I'm starting to wonder if i should follow mr robot or no.

I just picked up t12 legs this morning, and I'm debating on whether to do 2 x fractured amberjewels or get the hybrid gems...

Here's my armory link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%b4rn/advanced

I'm also wondering if i should dump a lot of the other hybrid gems i've socketed for +40 mastery.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say hybrid gems, I use pure mastery gems for yellow sockets, Chim eyes and Prismatic sockets, then in blues put Mastery Stam (puissant) and in reds put Mastery/Parry(I can never find Mastery/dodge, does it exist?) seems to work pretty well for me.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'd say hybrid gems, I use pure mastery gems for yellow sockets, Chim eyes and Prismatic sockets, then in blues put Mastery Stam (puissant) and in reds put Mastery/Parry(I can never find Mastery/dodge, does it exist?) seems to work pretty well for me.
    I do the same also in my prot set and on my pally tank and goblin tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Both of them, mastery and dodge, are yellow...so you will never find a gem like that...or 40 mastery, or 40 dodge...

I generally only use a pure mastery gem in prismatic or yellow sockets. For red sockets go with parry/stam or parry/mastery if you are comfortable with your HP level for the content you are tanking and for blue sockets go with mastery/stam. Once you get your blacksmithing to 400 put 2x mastery gems in the extra glove and bracer sockets.

Also don't forget the reforge the parry on the legs to dodge.

Happy tanking.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I lean more towards hybrid gems. Although, the reason for that is that I am a JC and already use the 3x pure mastery yellow gems. I'm been doing a little tooling on my set and tried the hybrid gems that do not include stam. This has unfortunately left my stamina a little low. I think I might end up switching back to hybrid */stam gems again.