Deleted

Got a few questions regarding my case and mobo

I've never really grasped the knowledge about motherboards, never knew what to look for and whatnot, so I'm asking here.
    I'm using the Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 motherboard, but I'm not quite sure how many harddrives this board supports. It looks like I have like...6 SATA ports, but I also have 2 ports that looks like SATA, but is called G-SATA. What is that? Would it work to connect drives into those ports?

Second - I just bought the Xigmatek Elysium case (love it already :P) but inside the case there were two USB 3.0 cables. What am I supposed to do with those? It looks like they are connected to the USB 3.0 ports in the front, but am I supposed to jam an external harddrive into my case or what? :P

You motherboard doesnt support usb 3.0 Inside so you need to plug the cable into the motherboard at the I/O panel ( Yes you have to run it all the way through your case to the back). Newer board (most sandy bridge) do support internal USB 3.0 but for almost every case you need to buy a 20pin usb 3.0 adapter.

THe g-sata is the same as the sata its just faster and more stable ( Yes it will run your drives). Thats what google said

P.s You buy a 100-150 Euro case but still running with a AM3 board :O (But yeah the case is awesome)
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Elysium has two SATA cables running from the front panel. The red one is E-SATA which is labelled on the front panel. The black SATA cable is for the hot-swap bay.

You actually have 6xSATAIII ports and 2xSATAII ports. But unless you're running a top of the line SSD, it doesn't matter which one you plug what into.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminozuur View Post
    You motherboard doesnt support usb 3.0 Inside so you need to plug the cable into the motherboard at the I/O panel ( Yes you have to run it all the way through your case to the back). Newer board (most sandy bridge) do support internal USB 3.0 but for almost every case you need to buy a 20pin usb 3.0 adapter.

THe g-sata is the same as the sata its just faster and more stable ( Yes it will run your drives).

P.s You buy a 100-150 Euro case but still running with a AM3 board :O (But yeah the case is awesome)
    Well the thing is, I'm upgrading my computer over this year, and the case is the part that lasts the longest if you get a quality case. That's why I got the case first. (Also, I needed more space for the noctua cooler I'm buying soon :P)
    And...as I said, I don't know jack when it comes to motherboards.
    Last edited by mmoc1e9e1a2368; 2011-08-16 at 02:28 PM.