Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Ye. Good game.
    A now, a slap on the wrist, a good hard slap on the wrist, to anyone who was bitching about having to pay for it. It was all for nothing you baddie bad scrubs....
    Perhaps, you know, it was the bitching that got them to change it in the first place. Also see: Real ID on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Ye. Good game.
    A now, a slap on the wrist, a good hard slap on the wrist, to anyone who was bitching about having to pay for it. It was all for nothing you baddie bad scrubs....
    Maybe after Blizzard heard the outrage of introducing a premium feature into the game they decided against it, outrageous claim I know.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
    Some people will now complain about the system being free.
    The sad part is, it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

idd suppose there was quite alot of complaints that blizz wanna milk even more money from there players, if blizz keep loosing subs its a bad idea to add new features and put those in variuos packages and charge extra for it wich gona lead to even more drop outs, and with D3 on the horizon WoW most likely gona have even more canceld subs. but it is a nice change idd and most welcomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriscats View Post
    Really Grimbold21? What do you just want them to make up their own set of patch notes?
    That's what we were doing yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroxen View Post
    Blizzard aren't afraid of making controversial announcements, nor are they afraid to admit they were wrong. Both are indicators of a strong company.
    Or indications of a company looking for an opportunity where they can get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    I guess the additional 300k subscription drop got them to think.
    no, blizz just does this type of shit all the time.
    same goes for always online for D3, they're going to announce at blizzcon that hardcore mode will be offlilne and add a new mode that you can copy "always online" char into but never vice versa.
    in other words they lied to you, "there is no cake left, here have some free cake".
    a lie your happy about, but a lie none the less.

I guess the additional 300k subscription drop got them to think.
    Willing to bet most of the 300k people that left had no idea that this feature was supposedly going to be a premium service.

Most players don't read MMO-C, or the Wow blog. They just log in, and play.

Hallelujah! Mad props to Blizzard on this decision!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    aww, what are the whiners gonna whine about now?
    Really?

I mean really?

Like really?

You are calling this uproar whining? Really?

Well maybe they do it like you, whining about whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroxen View Post
    Blizzard aren't afraid of making controversial announcements, nor are they afraid to admit they were wrong. Both are indicators of a strong company.
    I don't see where they admitted a mistake? They didn't. They just fixed their mistake. The thing is, Blizzard can't publicly address mistakes anymore. There are too many viable competitors and Blizzard isn't pushing its own productivity. Nickling and diming us on features that SHOULD be free won't help them keep subs up when they've already lost 1/12 of their subscriber base in less than 6 months.

This isn't so much them admitting mistakes as much as them realizing they can't screw around anymore if they want to stop bleeding subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just makes me lol so much at all those people who went "ZOMG BLIZ PREMIUM SERVICE *Cancel sub" well everyone else told them to at least wait....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Community - 2, actually. Or have we forgotten the "real names on the forums" scare.
    Community - 3

There was this "the Exalted" issue also

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard shouldn't be applauded for making RealID Party free, they should be derided for ever wanting to charge for it.

Perhaps, you know, it was the bitching that got them to change it in the first place. Also see: Real ID on forums.
    Since Blizzard never said what about this feature would be would be premium based (all they said was aspects of it would be, which remains true if you read the announcement), we will never know if Blizz change their minds or if it was always going to be this way.

And the RealID thing getting changed had nothing to do with the community complaining and a whole hell of a lot to do with the fact that it would have played really fast and loose with ton of privacy laws all over the world. Attorneys killed ReadID, not the community.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Free? I'm listening, Blizzard!

Useless without cross faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great news!

If i invite a real id friend, and then pass leader to him. Will he be able to fill group with other real id friends of his?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Community - 2, actually. Or have we forgotten the "real names on the forums" scare.
    Oe, yeah that was scary indeed.

About this; well I suppose it's cool. I guess they made it free, because noone really uses the readID system? Maybe I just don't use the realID system ;-)
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Willing to bet most of the 300k people that left had no idea that this feature was supposedly going to be a premium service.

Most players don't read MMO-C, or the Wow blog. They just log in, and play.
    Most of the "900,000" players who quit, quit because they were bored of the game. This feature is useless for me, and the premium service was not the reason I quit.

My real life friends are split over two servers, one pvp horde, the other pve alliance. Even if I wanted to, I still couldn't play with them.