Deleted

Is it possible to backup Stema games to another disc?

For some reason I've got steam installed on my SSD, the only steam game I have (which also is the only reason I have steam) is Shogun 2: Total War. Which is quite big, so it takes up a ton of space on my drive.
    Is it possible to move it without having to re-download it?

right click on the game in steam-> properties -> locas files tab -> backup game files

Save the backup on any HDD, then uninstall steam and reinstall it on another drive.
    After that you can run the backup file you saved before (ithere should be an executable file which sometimes takes a few minutes to start) and it will automatically install it into the new steam directory.

Actually you can just copy your steamapps folder to where the new steam is installed, all the games will say downloading but when you launch them it will take it away

Edit: Steam support
    Log out and exit Steam
    Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)
    Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
    Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
    Launch Steam
    Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play
    All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-08-16 at 02:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    you can, i did this recently also, moved the entire steam folder to my new harddrive.

all you do after you move the folder is run steam then make sure you do the check the games file cache. once they complete checking the cache they should launch fine then.