Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It does seem like they are more and more retreating back to the faceroll, spam aoe days of WOTLK. I wonder, do they really think they lost all those subs because the game was a little harder in Cata?
    They fail to understand that the casual/bad players are the ones with the nothing to lose. They play halfheartedly, complain/quit when it's too hard and come back when the game gets dumbed down. How else do we go from the mindset of threat decay and making threat matter, to them bumping threat levels arbitrarily when it's already easy to maintain without threat stats?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

People who raid normal modes obviously don't notice this because the DPS don't have a massive gear advantage over the tank and they don't pull as much DPS, so the threat they generate doesn't really over take the tank.

In heroic 10/25 man It's a nightmare for the tank and the DPS.... As a Feral Druid with only 1 ability (Cower - Reduces threat by 10% USES GBC AND COSTS 25 ENERGY!) I have to sit idle for 10 seconds before any pull since our tank can't reforge to hit/exp, he really needs the extra stats for all the bosses.

I lose DPS because I can't pop all my cooldowns right at the start and time it with a prepot, I have to use Cower which further gimps me, so for me, this is a godsend and I'm extremely happy Blizzard has done this!

Deleted
    Soooo, other tanks are going to die from doing the right thing due to RNG... good its about time they learn how it feels. Tank 30% HP > DS (miss/parry) > Dead..... wtf i hit DS i got punished for being the right thing.. FU blizzard ----> to forums to QQ.. GJ blizz your about to fill your forum with QQ posts similar to the above.

Got to be better than Warriors with 102.4% CTC and Crit block though right >.< or paladins with 102.4% block / less spiky damage or druids Extreme EH at the moment..

Just admit tank balance is fucked and do something about mastery of all 4 tanks.

And right on cue. Typical responses from the elitist dicks that lurk on this forum. You do know that you so called "good players" make up the minority of WoW's subscribers? If you guys spent less time stroking your e-peens and AFKing in SW/Org wearing your phat lewts and instead took a little time to help the "mouth breathers" become better players, then you wouldn't be nerd raging so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucread View Post
    I actually quit WoW because of the Blood DK model, so I'm glad I'm not still playing when I read this. Maybe once the Druid/Paladin/Warriors see how frustrating it is to be utterly powerless to mitigate (all runes and cooldowns used..common thing for DKs) they will start QQing and DKs will get fixed.
    So you're a bad DK? My guild's DK is far and away the *best* tank I've played with. All the healers agree it is far far easier to keep him alive than our warrior tank or our pally tank. Can easily survive stuff our other tanks cannot, just through how damn good a DK tank is when played to their potential.

You guys are talking like tanking was hard to begin with. For me, this is a welcome change, as the only places I have problems keeping aggro, is in randoms where breadheads don't know what threat is.

Actually, tanking has been hard for me once; DK at level 60+. Oh boy, that was a royal pain.

Other than that... nope, not really hard. Threat never relied on "skill", it relied on stupid people getting triggerhappy and stupid gear problems/ability functions.

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    So you're a bad DK? My guild's DK is far and away the *best* tank I've played with. All the healers agree it is far far easier to keep him alive than our warrior tank or our pally tank. Can easily survive stuff our other tanks cannot, just through how damn good a DK tank is when played to their potential.
    It's true finding good DKs is a tough job, but to be honest, it kinda sounds like your Warrior and Paladin tanks are bad, not that your DK is exceptional.

Besides, how is it possible to judge someone elses' skills out from your own experience which stems from watching your "raid tanks"? That baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robou View Post
    Back to WotLK's easy mode tanking...
    Ask any Blood DK doing Firelands heroics if they think tanking is easymode right now. Blizzard are talking about making all tanking classes have to manage their own survivability like DKs, which is a great change, as it means all bosses will be balanced around that.

I realy dont see why tanking needs to be made easier, but hey...

Active tanking abilities would probably get me to re-join, actually...

10+ Year Old Account
    DK Tanks: Death Strike is broken, it just Doesn't work, active mitigation is a bad idea Blizz: Okay we'll sort it out! *time passes* Blizz: We want more stuff to be like Death Strike! Active mitigation is ffuunn. /facepalm.

Typical Blizzard cop out.

Threat is a hassle now because it requires communication between different members of the team(!).

Communication between members of the team is at an all time low since the rise of "random anonymous dungeon finder groups".

So instead of improving people's capabilities and desires to play as part of a team, lets just make it easier for them to force their way through as a bunch of individuals.

WoW sinks to even deeper lows.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    That's why people are mad. Devs wasting their time on a MINIMAL change.
    Because it obviously takes weeks of dev works to change a few numbers, amirite?

The most interesting thing is that I was almost sure that this would happen wery soon after releasing of patch 4.2. Just because base threat was too low to handle raised dps of 372+ilvl geared players and so tanking 5ppl heroics became very hard, especially random.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Ask any Blood DK doing Firelands heroics if they think tanking is easymode right now. Blizzard are talking about making all tanking classes have to manage their own survivability like DKs, which is a great change, as it means all bosses will be balanced around that.
    Blizzard also talked about making tanking threat matter. Until they post some notes and changes in 4.3? that ensures that they have to manage their survivability like a DK you're just talking out of your ass.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the commenters here are in dire need of a lobotomy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We could make Shield Block cost rage...
    But it already does!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

About damn time. Seriously, how did they go THIS long without realizing that holding threat is a huge pain in the rear? Tank abilities should do small damage but huge threat. Tanks should not outdps the DPS... makes zero sense. Too bad I quit WoW already lol..

As a frost DK that is constantly watching Omen, THANK GOD!

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve of this change. Threat is a boring stat.

They should make threat 450,000 times damage.This impressive feat, however, still would not make tanking fun when that one little piss-ant DPS goes off pulling his own mobs.Which is to say, every low-level random I'e ever tanked.