Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boniggy View Post
    lol oh yeah... mah bad i spose i am

Wow really dude? maybe one reason why WoW has so many subs is because of the diversity it provides in the way people play the game. I do raid, farm, 5man, play the AH as well as a shitload of other things in the game. I have 4 accounts. Trust me.. i do plenty in the game. I actually prefer to play the market.

Also, in your post you said "price fixing sucks"... whos price fixing?.. im simply trying to get more gold out of an item that "should" sell for a bit more than a typical rare uncut. Especially when the uncut SSD's are selling for 100g... why waste your own time for something that you really wont make much on even if you are prospecting your own ore; 3 of each uncommon sells for VERY close to if not more than 100g on most realms.

My issue was that he couldn't give me a better reason for dropping it so low other than... "imma drone and thats the only price i know how to set in my addon for 5mos" answer.

Its extremely frustrating when you try to make anything on the AH unless its an untapped market which is pretty much non-existent these days.

So i guess its either.. if you cant beat them join them eh?
    That diverse range of players include a lot of people that don't care about micromanaging the auction house or sweating every gold they make.

There is no official price that anything on the auction house should cost. It's determined by the player base. If someone is frequently stealing your customers by using chapter 11 prices buy them out and sell it back at your price. If it doesn't sell then maybe you were charging too much to begin with.

meh... after buying him out... as im writing this.. ive sold 3 @220g each..... oh well his loss is my gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Some people wants to sell their stuff quickly. They don't care about your precious economy.

Stop being so butthurt.
    yea i dont play the game to pretend im a business..

10+ Year Old Account
    People cry for being undercut for 1c

People cry for being undercut for 100g

There is no cure in humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh... after buying him out... as im writing this.. ive sold 3 @220g each..... oh well his loss is my gain.
    well its not his loss.. he got what he wanted for it

i have bought them.. he posted 20... ill just continue to buy him out and have a stupid amount stocked. maybe he'll eventually "get" it.
    And in this context "getting it" means quickly selling his product at a price he finds to be reasonable. The horrors... Who cares if he undercuts? If you don't buy it he gets what he wants so he's happy, and some player gets the item cheaper which makes them happy. 2 happy people. If you do buy it he gets what he wants so he's happy, and you get bonus supplies for cheap with no effort, you should be happy.

If the problem is you can't resell that increased stock of items at your price then the price is too high for that supply. Econ 101 supply and demand right there. That's how the market works. There's nothing wrong with undercutting.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 01:20 PM ----------

You do know that selling at a higher price does not automatically mean making the most money, right?
    If you can sell 10 for a 20g profit, you're doing better than someone who sells 5 for a 30g profit. Maybe he just prefers the high volume style.

What I find the best is that the OP "Thinks" the gems should see for a certain price.. If you buy the mats and make gems to get a small profit thats one thing, but to try and price set something in a diverse game is impossible. If you dont like the people that undercut you, either buy thier product out and resell, or just undercut them. Some people spend hours farming mats so to sell something at 100% profit to them is a bonus.. even if that is 50% of what you "Think" the price should be. Sorry about your luck man. Thats just how its going to happen as people have different values.

problem with undercutting? never an issue.. i do it all the time. I guess my ultimate issue was ANOTHER person that wants to kill the market cause he doesnt care... and i guess why should he care. I dont make money to give out to others, its for me and my personal gain. As of this writing.. ive bought all his up and am now selling them @ 220g. Like i tried to tell him, "they ARE selling at 200g why not join in". If all he wants is 100g for them then so be it, ill take them and turn a profit. I'll also thank him for the easily gained inventory he provided.
    Last edited by boniggy; 2011-08-16 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always wanted to save up as much gold as i can, buy every epic and crafting mat and sell them all for 1 copper each. Why?! cause this is a video game, not the stock market. i despise the time sink that blizzard has forced us into and the time sink that the community encourages. Constant farming and grinding just to get something that you can already get from playing the game (raiding/pvping/dungeons) is silly and a waste of time.

Between all my toons i have a total of 1,000 gold at most times, and you know what? i out perform 90% of my guild and most of the other classes i got up against, and didn't spend tons of gold to get there.

Isn't there a rule about naming and shaming?

OT - If you don't like how low his prices are, buy him out.

Maybe he doesn't care about maximizing his income and is fine with a fast sell at 111g compared to 200g. It's a free market; people are allowed to undercut by 1c, 1g, or 10000g.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 05:28 PM ----------

If all he wants is 100g for them then so be it, ill take them and turn a profit. I'll also thank him for the easily gained inventory he provided.
    Then buy them out when he puts them up and repost, no real need for the thread in this case if you already had the problem solved in your eyes.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2011-08-16 at 08:31 PM.

ok so heres an update... hes posted nearly 50 of them... after buying damn near ALL of them out.. he continues to post more. so basically its a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Linlol View Post
    Undercutters will ignore anything you say to them. I know this because I undercut.
    So do but are do you undercut by a reasonable amount or just undercut to some braindead fixed price that never fluctuates with the market.

If you always post anything at the same price regardless of competition or availability, then you're just leaving gold on the table.

If you're undercutting to take sales from your competition good for you but remember this, having 1/3rd of the market at 50% markup is far better than having 100% at 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Between all my toons i have a total of 1,000 gold at most times, and you know what? i out perform 90% of my guild and most of the other classes i got up against, and didn't spend tons of gold to get there.
    WoL please

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    So do but are do you undercut by a reasonable amount or just undercut to some braindead fixed price that never fluctuates with the market.

If you always post anything at the same price regardless of competition or availability, then you're just leaving gold on the table.

If you're undercutting to take sales from your competition good for you but remember this, having 1/3rd of the market at 50% markup is far better than having 100% at 10%.
    Leaving gold on the table, and gaining simplicity, time, and generally assured sales (if you're using a significant undercut static price.) Some people view that time and simplicity as worth it. You want more gold, great. No one's stopping you. There's still nothing wrong with wanting to get in and out of that AH as fast as possible.

ok so heres an update... hes posted nearly 50 of them... after buying damn near ALL of them out.. he continues to post more. so basically its a lost cause.
    What server are you on? If you're allowed to say. All through LK on my server there was on total moron who fix price sold metagems at ridiculously stupidly low prices.

He eventually drove everyone out of the market and was making MAYBE 10g per gem. If you bought him out of one cut and reposted at triple the price, you could just about pay for your buyout if you sold one before he reposted 6 more at his stupid price.

I have no idea why anyone would corner a market and then post at a constant price. The brilliant thing was he didn't respond to undercutting either so basically, even though it a small margin, I took fully 75% of his sales by undercutting him constantly by 1c. I also made 5x more profit on selling the same gems on the same server on the other faction where apparently making a profit wasn't anathema to the other JCers.

im on the Mug'Thol / hordie... ive tried to catch him on undercutting by dropping my price to undercut him by 20g.. he stayed at the fixed price of 111g....

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 08:48 PM ----------

My new method is mainly just now to piss him off. I'm going to 1c undercut his ass with my new stock of 60 Reverberating gems until i sell out.. ill lose some money, but it'll be worth it.

Do what I do - be flexible. I realize a single player can ruin the market on any given item through bad undercutting. Many players also use auction-automated tools and dont bother to check to see if prices have been in flux for any reason of late (updates causing new demand, shortage/excess in supply, or maybe the main supplier quit because of 8 months per raid).

SO what is my flexibility? I am willing to use any corner of the market that gives me a profit rather then a single item. There is no golden goose that cannot be ruined quickly by some other player. The best investments I ever made were ones that came as a result of updates. One was being the only player with the two ulduar enchants for a few weeks. The other was buying out all of certain mid range herbs for 10g a stack for 2 months before inscription, then forcing every player wanting to level the profession to have to use 3 different levels of inks worth of my herbs (sadly this is no longer possible due to the ink venders) at 100-200g a stack (200g for goldthorn level inks). Did either of these last long? Nope, but I maximized them while they did.

P.S. - one problem with cornering and buying out markets is if you buyout items of a goldseller. I have had temporary bans that i had to appeal from that.
    Last edited by DraconusIX; 2011-08-16 at 08:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It is annoying, but what can you do? I bought the new mining bag pattern, and made a few and hoped to sell them. At that time they were worth 2k'ish... Now they go for 500g'ish... I STILL HAVEN'T SOLD THE DAMN BAGS RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! >.<

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    Do what I do - be flexible. I realize a single player can ruin the market on any given item through bad undercutting. Many players also use auction-automated tools and dont bother to check to see if prices have been in flux for any reason of late (updates causing new demand, shortage/excess in supply, or maybe the main supplier quit because of 8 months per raid).

SO what is my flexibility? I am willing to use any corner of the market that gives me a profit.
    I do as well.. im in quite a few markets... i decided to venture into this market a few days ago to see how it was. Obviously i didnt expect someone to be sitting on nearly 100 SSD's hence the reason i bought him out the first time. I'll sell out of these gems and move on. Its not worth the headache this tard is creating.

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It is annoying, but what can you do? I bought the new mining bag pattern, and made a few and hoped to sell them. At that time they were worth 2k'ish... Now they go for 500g'ish... I STILL HAVEN'T SOLD THE DAMN BAGS RAAAAAAAAAAAGE! >.<
    lol ouch i feel for ya. I'll buy one from ya..........for 500g