Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did something recently happen to increase warrior Damage?

I'm a mage and I usally love facing warriors, but in the last two weeks or so they have seem to have gotten much tougher. They are hitting ALOT harder. Did Blizzard do something or have just gotten unlucky and only faced Gladiators recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the majority of "casuals" should have their ruthless wep now but other than that I dunno
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors, even with their sparkling new weapons, are sill pretty Meh in pvp. The difference T1 makes is hardly noticeable. And this, coming from a mage?

Deleted
    Every melee hits hard on cloth. Nothing new and I doubt anything will change.

Deleted
    As a warrior I can only agree with the statements above. My new ilvl 378 axe cuts through resilience like it was butter.

Timetable for warriors in a new expansion

1. Expansion released. Warriors do moderately well, nobody has really good gear.

2. Couple of weeks in. Every class got their max lvl skills but warriors got shit gear, start to fall behind. No arena season yet

3. Some month(s) in. Arena season starts. The gearing-up starts. Warriors get cced into oblivion, laughed at, kited endlessly like little bitches

4. Several months in. Warriors have geared up and get their hands on a serious weapon upgrade. Everything turns around. Your cc means nothing. My second wind and blood craze regenerates huge chunks of health as soon as you try frost nova. I can take the damage and run up to you, when you blick, I charge, throwdown and split your skull. We have now become The Rock again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Essington View Post
    As a warrior I can only agree with the statements above. My new ilvl 378 axe cuts through resilience like it was butter.

1. Expansion released. Warriors do moderately well, nobody has really good gear.

2. Couple of weeks in. Every class got their max lvl skills but warriors got shit gear, start to fall behind. No arena season yet

3. Some month(s) in. Arena season starts. The gearing-up starts. Warriors get cced into oblivion, laughed at, kited endlessly like little bitches

4. Several months in. Warriors have geared up and get their hands on a serious weapon upgrade. Everything turns around. Your cc means nothing. My second wind and blood craze regenerates huge chunks of health as soon as you try frost nova. I can take the damage and run up to you, when you blick, I charge, throwdown and split your skull. We have now become The Rock again.
    It feels this is exactly what's happening to me on my resto druid. 19-20k crits is nothing weird on my 4115 resi healer

I don't know what's more shocking.

The fact that this thread was made

Or the fact that a MAGE is crying about to much damage.

Cause that's irony 101.

Deleted
    irony much

Deleted
    A mage shouldn't complain about warriors! Don't do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxluminis View Post
    A mage shouldn't complain about warriors! Don't do that
    Could you please highlight where the OP is complaining? He is asking a valid question.

like i dont even understand what ur saying, i watched frost mage with nothing on but a pvp weapon beat.........let me change that, WTF own, in a duel a fully gear pvp warrior, the mage got hit once the entire fight, and lost 1/4th his health, u need to try a little harder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit-brute View Post
    like i dont even understand what ur saying, i watched frost mage with nothing on but a pvp weapon beat.........let me change that, WTF own, in a duel a fully gear pvp warrior, the mage got hit once the entire fight, and lost 1/4th his health, u need to try a little harder
    See bolded. Explain that and you answered the OP's question.

the mage was wearing no gear but his weapon, had 60k health, total probley less, meaning he got hit for roughly 25k but as i said the warrior was in full pvp gear and the mage was in nothing, anyone could do that much to someone wearing no pvp gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit-brute View Post
    the mage was wearing no gear but his weapon, had 60k health, total probley less, meaning he got hit for roughly 25k but as i said the warrior was in full pvp gear and the mage was in nothing, anyone could do that much to someone wearing no pvp gear
    Nevermind. This was not about a mage and a warrior duelling.

I also noticed an increase in damage done by warriors and I was wondering what the cause is of that. I guess Essington answered allready. Thanks.

Deleted
    High-end PvPers started claiming their Tier 2 weapons last week. More will follow this week.

Mid-Tier PvPers will increasingly attain their Tier 1 weapons, which is a significant upgrade compared to the old 359 model.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    don't forget to QQ in official forums so mages get buff in dmg mitigation.... like if there wasn't enough.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol? no good mage would blink before you charge, therefor you have no way of getting to us. plus with 50-70k shatters on you, you dont live long. my alt is a mage and imelt warriors lol.. so the OP is entirely skill less. i duel warriors as warmups for good classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fightcub View Post
    lol? no good mage would blink before you charge, therefor you have no way of getting to us. plus with 50-70k shatters on you, you dont live long. my alt is a mage and imelt warriors lol.. so the OP is entirely skill less. i duel warriors as warmups for good classes.
    that's the point. a midclass warrior has got absolutely no chance to beat a mage. the mage doesn't need that much skill

Cute theory except Warriors have been facerolling since day 1 in Cataclysm.

Deleted

Your point four makes no sense at all. Or the mage is controlling you with nova's which means you just overheal yourself or you get 60-100k dmg in a shatter compared to your 15k selfhealing. And like someone else already said, no half decent mage will blink before your charge. And you forgot 5.

5. Last month of the season, all wizards got their legendary and the warrior quits the game and QQs on the forum.