10+ Year Old Account

People abusing Lag in Arena's

So, today i was getting my CP Cap, since it's the last day for me to get it, We meet a Resto Dru / Aff Lock team twice in a row, Both matches last a good 15 mins+ and cause both me and my partner to rage like mad.

It's not that we were out played, they were abusing Lagg insanely. My partner was getting Fears, Cyclones and more dots put on him behind pillars, box's through the floor, etc. So he wasnt able to LoS any of the CC.

I was also getting Cycloned and rooted through spell reflects that had been up a good 1/2 seconds before hand, and even half way through bladestorm (3 seconds in). Charging them and ending about tripple the distance away from them (Way more then a jump'd charge), Pummeling Fears and Cyclones, getting the cd 90% of the time and the CC still going off.

We were unable to beat them because every thing we tried to do, to avoid CC and stupid damage, was completely useless.

How should this be dealt with? I know it is 2s, 2k rated at 2s, But this has caused me to be unable to get my CP cap now due to my partner refusing to do any more because of it. It's an exploit in the game, But if i reported them i'd just get a stupid responce from blizzard saying they cant do anything about it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDHEU View Post
    But if i reported them i'd just get a stupid responce from blizzard saying they cant do anything about it.
    Hey, at least you're not getting banned for reporting an issue just because they GM thinks you're "Crying Wolf".

Makes me wanna strangle the guy who made this exploit public in the first place.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Makes me wanna strangle the guy who made this exploit public in the first place.
    This exploit is public?.......

Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

How is it their fault what so ever? Seems like normal game mechanics. Have your partner unbind his jump key as he probably tries to jump to LoS and the game registers the last position from the ground so you'll still get hit with cc's around the corner.

I know my latency is never over 60ms so I can't say I ever have an issue with hitting pummels or charging.

This should be delt with by getting a new internet connection.

Best of luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    How is it their fault what so ever? Seems like normal game mechanics. Have your partner unbind his jump key as he probably tries to jump to LoS and the game registers the last position from the ground so you'll still get hit with cc's around the corner.

I know my latency is never over 60ms so I can't say I ever have an issue with hitting pummels or charging.

This should be delt with by getting a new internet connection.

Best of luck
    Did you even read any of the post? Its not due to our net. We both have 25 home/world MS, our connection is perfect. My partner was directly behind a pillar before the cast even 1/4 done, and he still got cycloned/fear.

How is this an exploit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like teleport hax to me. If ppl laged that much in arena they would be dced pretty fast. Only way you can beat those teams is that you push them in a corner where they cant run out (we can call -- lag out of corner)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    well information traveling from his comp to blizz to your comp back to blizz to his comp doesnt happen instantly unless youre sitting on a LAN. its not abuse, its server host ping. I've also seen lots of charges fail the way you described on Tanks stream so meh. Stop whining and adapt to the server ping time and play 3's to get your cap, its much much faster even with a trade random.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2505106010 is what comes to my mind, but doesn't sound like what OP is presenting us (I had also seen the link before it was edited out).

No doubt it's the macro or something what makes you lag around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go lag macro exploited by ZybakTv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVEDm1-MJbg

There are several applications that artificially inflate your ping. Ever see that rogue that seems to hop around while not shadowdancing? The unfortunate part is that it is extremely hard for blizz to tell the difference between a person with bad ms and a hacker. The good thing is that the apps don't work for a lot of people because you need a very stable internet connection or you will get dc'd randomly.

The only thing you can really do is try and cope. They have the same issues that you have targeting except they have more experience using it to their advantage.

Deleted
    yea the spam chat into a private channel exploit has been around since tbc.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    You mean Zybak? Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yotei View Post
    You mean Zybak? Yeah.
    Like he said, the only way for Blizzard to really deal with it, is if loads of people use it. If a few people have known about it since S3 and only a few people have been abusing it since then, then it's not worth their time to fix it. Now that it's becoming mainstream, he's put the exploit on youtube and a lot more people know about it now, they'll have no option but to look into it and fix it.

Just stop q'ing for 10minutes and then queue again, problem solved.

It's not like you guys are playing at 2800 rating where there's only < 5 teams q'ing with you...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

TL;DR.
    All I know is that you're telling us that you're on Gods home internet, so it can't be your fault.
    Though do you think they are downgrading their internet to some shitcrap, just so they can exploit the Arena?
    If not, it's not an exploit, it's just sad that some people have to play on shit internet. Deal with it.

Blue post from the Eu forums:
    Also, I wanted to let you know that it has already been reported to us. Our development team has been made aware of this and are investigating a possible fix for this particular exploit. I can't share much more information on this at this point, but rest assured we'll make our best to fix this as soon as possible.
    /laugh
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

To the OP. You can vote with your wallet. The only thing Blizz will understand.
    Just unsubscribe, and in the questionary they give you when you unsubscribe you give as reason, because of massive abuse of lag macros that you (blizz) are doing nothing about.

That is the only way to effectively comunicate with Blizzy boy.

Good luck and enjoy the fresh air.

its not the macro lol. Sounds like bad MS to me =P But probably OP EXAGGERATING.