Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The nerf to Rhyolith normal was needed. With your average raiding guild (that has no heroic T11 gear, some MF items, and/or T1/T2 heroics stuff), Rhyolith was a lot harder than he ought to have been, particularly on 10-man.
    I call bollocks on this. He was already extremely easy it took my guild all of around 8 wipes to down him. And none of us had any heroic gear and we are by no means amazing(40+ wipes on alysrazor to kill her). This is going to make our progression nights go faster now I guess.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS
    85 shadow/disc priest
    Looks like I got hacked again. Screw it I'm done with WoW

Deleted
    Occu’thar has come into a larger supply of PvE gear than he previously possessed.
    Really? You don't say.......

The Vengeance change has me a little worried about prot pvp, its already hard enough to deal with a Prot Warrior/Blood DK in BGs, and with an insta damage buff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano View Post
    while the tanking changes are nice to shorter queue times, you other of the comment is stupid, tanks does not need any pvp love this is why pvp sucks so much in wow, blizz should just add another talent tree for pvp only, and balance around that talent instead of all 30 current talents.
    Wouldn't be easier to just make changes to do something like "X ability's damage has been reduced by 5% on other players" if its a PvP change and "X ability's damage has been reduced by 5% in instances" for PvE (yes raids are considered instances)
    Last edited by YankeePhan1234; 2011-08-17 at 06:33 AM.

The only thing that tanks needed was a way to get burst threat at the beginning of the encounter, it kinda sucks in a 10 man raid with only one misdirect. The rest was fine in my opinion.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

I just have to say the way Blizzard "support" wow PVP is a fucking disgrace, not only was the stream for the European invitational shit and a complete waste of time, the US one didn't even have a stream and while the SC had a 2.2MBPS stream up constantly the vods got uploaded THE SAME DAY and as soon as the event was over EVERY vod was on the site, the wow vods have taken about TWO WEEKS to make it on the site and only some of them have. We know SC2 is bigger and better PVP wise, but it doesn't mean you can use that as an excuse when treating the wow players like absolute shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    loved the comic...that tank doorway lol

Glad to see they got this out so quickly. Interested to see how effective it is.

Hell Hounds should now be nigh impossible for a single player to kill.
    That sounds like a challenge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Really? You don't say.......
    Pretty sure every main char raider and their mom bought the 2 tier pieces already
    Now ironically, I just wanted PvP gear, ffs

Damn it, I've just recently bought my leg-piece through valor, and Occu'thar got fixed, guess they've waited for me to buy it, as always again -_-

If the vengeance is nerfed in the sense I realize it being nerf, then thats further going to hurt DK tanks.

If the nerf on Rhyolith is valid for heroic aswell, then it will be easier for people that does not have required compositions, we were stuck at 2-8 armor stacks for previous weeks
    ...and nerf to magma and knockback changes will be a tons of help to healers aswell.

Deleted
    Firelands nerf already ? seriously ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenjack View Post
    I literally just tanked a heroic HOR , with nothing but devastate and auto attacks for the most part except on bosses I opened with a shield bash. My TPS was around 30k within a sec and topped out around 60k ... This just ruined my fun as a war.
    you didn't read the rest of what blizzard actually said about it. this is step one in an overhaul to the tanking system. they're going to make it more engaging as far as mitigation goes. the fun part of tanking will be timing your cd's and staying alive. not mashing buttons trying to hold threat. So excited for this. going to be awesome.

Deleted
    Love the thoughts they have on tanking! Nice changes in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The threat change right now is dumb by itself (since threat is an absolute joke if you know what the taunt button is and how to use it quickly before the attack even hits the player when they pull threat).It'll be nice in heroic randoms I guess but I'd rather not see tanks with an absolutely awful rotation or ones only hitting buttons every 3 seconds due to terrible reflexes do okay on threat.After the active migitation change I'll be totally happy with it, but right now it's pretty dumb by itself. If you're struggling with threat atm, learn to taunt (seriously, I can keep threat off the best DPS with taunts as a fresh 85 - maybe not as a bear druid but every other class).
    It doesn't matter how many times you taunt if a class or spec can build threat faster than you can unless you like putting taunt on DR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenXi View Post
    If the nerf on Rhyolith is valid for heroic aswell, then it will be easier for people that does not have required compositions, we were stuck at 2-8 armor stacks for previous weeks

we killed ryo hc with having 35stacks at the end of p1. if you have 2-8 stacks thats awesome
    (10man)

Deleted
    Occu’thar has come into a larger supply of PvE gear than he previously possessed.
    Realy? Just did BH25 6 PVP items droped... Bad bad liars

Deleted
    Oh cmon, nerfs already? Sucks that they nerf already easy bosses, atleast keep them what they are on heroic mode the whole tier.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's to early for me to process everything, but what the hell is a "Grab Bag" ?

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    I'm sure it's to early for me to process everything, but what the hell is a "Grab Bag" ?
    thx.. exaclty what i was looking for... hc since Id2 never saw a grab bag

Deleted
    Woooooooooooooo, well, that means I can aim to take away 500% of threat from the tank instead of 300% on ma DK >.