Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If people are having problem keeping aggro it's because of lack of rotation skills. If it brings something alse I have to focus on it's fine though, I like min/maxing my mitigation abilities.

Baradin Hold Occu’thar has come into a larger supply of PvE gear than he previously possessed.
    HAHAHAHA. Does Blizz lie on purpose. 3 25mans today and 3 times full pvp loot. Gj I guess

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    HAHAHAHA. Does Blizz lie on purpose. 3 25mans today and 3 times full pvp loot. Gj I guess
    "Some of the hotfixes below will go live the moment they are implemented, while others may require your realm to be restarted to go into effect."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slappy102 View Post
    Is the 16 stack removal on Rhyolith on heroic too?
    Think ive read a post it was only on normal, only the knockback got nerfed on hc

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 11:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tipzi View Post
    Firelands nerf already ? seriously ?
    Its only normal, who cares about normals anyways?

DK tanks the only tanks with active mitigation? My druid would like a word with Blizz.(not saying it's as hard as DK tanking tho)

So Blizzard is going to do for tanking what they did for healing? Or will they get it right this time?

Deleted
    finally tank threat increase... warrior tank was just terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Oh jeez, they wrecked Ryaolilth pretty hard

Good though; Hes a terrible boss
    are you kiding me?he is so easy,probaly most easy fight in fl,everything geting nerfe but ragy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrving View Post
    If people are having problem keeping aggro it's because of lack of rotation skills. If it brings something alse I have to focus on it's fine though, I like min/maxing my mitigation abilities.
    Or they could be still gearing in troll heroics and have to out threat some geared player pulling 30k+ dps. Especially when its against the Skill rotation of a Frost DK or an Arcane mage. This change is good imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure of the wording on Rhyolith"Concussive stomp should no longer knock players back"They make it sound like it was never meant to in the first place. Rhyolith becomes even easier. I can sorta see what they mean with Beth since her damage can be pretty spikey when you go upstairs

10+ Year Old Account
    beth did enough damage on normal to warrant being nerfed? what?
    Last edited by kittenboots; 2011-08-17 at 12:40 PM.
    archdruid valentyne -- kel'thuzad, us | RP & M+ PVE

Deleted
    Welcoming the change to Rhyolith, he was the only one where it would take more than a 1 shot to kill, each Thursday we go 6/7 and Raggy on Tuesdays, Rhyolith was the only boss where i wasn't sure how long it would take for us to kill him, purely based on the randomness of Volcano spawning and activating, like 3 volcanoes at his feet straight off and stomps them all before we can even turn him GG.

Deleted
    Took me a while to actually get that comic, but when i got it omg i lold so hard...
    It is infact, the only comic ive ever found properly funny aswell, jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    are you kiding me?he is so easy,probaly most easy fight in fl,everything geting nerfe but ragy...
    He is easy if the RNG volcanos don't fuck you up and the turn speed after stomp vs. turn speed without stomping which all in all makes the encounter kind of retarded. But yes if all goes according to plan, he is the easiest boss around, still way to random.

They should also take a look a seeds on Domo, which are also kind of bs. If you're a healer and you get a short seed, your raid is fine, if you get a seed on a long timer, your raid could be fine, but could also be dead.

All this random stuff makes some bosses less and less enjoyable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    I'm not sure how you interpreted the change as "Occu'thar is now guaranteed to drop at least one PvE item.". Nor how another poster read it as "Occu'thar will now drop more items.". It simply says his loot table includes more PvE items.

I truely don't understand the Beth/Shannox nerfs, they hardly seemed to do enough damage to warrant nerfing. Thrilled about the Rhyo nerfs, not because he's hard per se, just incredibly annoying.

Deleted
    More nerfs please. Fights were already too easy.......

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 doors in the second panel.... hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn View Post
    Or they could be still gearing in troll heroics and have to out threat some geared player pulling 30k+ dps. Especially when its against the Skill rotation of a Frost DK or an Arcane mage. This change is good imo.
    Luck of the Draw buff, deal with it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    It's ironic they're changing threat for tanks because it's not the issue behind the lack of tanks at all. Decent tanks never had an issue holding aggro, even in early cata. The problem comes when tanks want to progress. You could be the best possible class for a tank (paladin) with decent gear and a good rep while trying to app to a decent guild, you'd have a very very hard time finding a guild that would take you. The problem is tanks just don't scale compared to dps. 1 for 5 mans, 2 for 10 mans, maybe 3 for 25 mans. Now, if this actually scaled correctly, 25 man content would need 5 tanks to maintain a good ratio (5 tanks, 15 dps, and 5 healers but it doesn't work that way) Most guilds are doing 25 man content because it's easier and gives more loot. They already have their 3 tanks setup. Tanks have no place in pvp as well, only pve. So, once a tank finishes his 5 man grind, where does he go? On the shelf.
    No place in pvp? LOL.

Blizz is so ridiculous. This is from a 2010 Blue Post regarding their Rage goal for Cataclysm: "Our goal is for each character's Rage to not be always high or always low, but rather a resource that needs to be managed properly by the player." Now, of course, it's "We expect the community to gradually stop using threat-tracking mods as players realize they don’t need them."

They begin the Watercoool Rage post with "One of the fun things about working on an MMO is that the game design will evolve over time, and you have the opportunity to make changes to reflect those design shifts." Complete smoke and mirrors, typical Blizz gibberish and obfuscation. Properly translated, it should read "It's all organic, we aren't backtracking, or cleaning up our own mess, these changes have nothing to do with our own incompetence."

Flip-flops like this, with Blizz not even bothering to admit and apologize that they got it completely wrong, are the primary reason I left WoW months ago. I continue to check up on it though, because now, rather then being frustrated by Blizzard's idiotic development decisions and arrogance, I can just laugh at them.

The thing is, given Blizz's history over the last couple of years, I have absolutely no confidence that this decision will be permanent in any sense. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them flip-flop back in six months, and then flip again down the road. Blizzard would call that 'evolution'. Me, I call it the byproduct of lousy decision-making.
    Last edited by TBK1001; 2011-08-17 at 11:32 AM.