Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Duntix View Post
    I call bollocks on this. He was already extremely easy it took my guild all of around 8 wipes to down him. And none of us had any heroic gear and we are by no means amazing(40+ wipes on alysrazor to kill her). This is going to make our progression nights go faster now I guess.
    Because the problem is driving him, not killing him.

Ppl having problem driving him to the volcanos go on thinking the problem is lack of gear to not put him on P2 faster or stand more and more active volcanos debuff...

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto View Post
    It means that dps with full Concentration rocking 60k dps won't rip threat off you during the first scorpion phase.

Yes, that can be an issue in raids without hunters/rogues, specially on 10.
    "Tank threat increased by 800%" inc, lol.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 11:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Wonder where Occuthar gets the gear :/
    From ppl he kills.

The problem is that most of the players go there with pvp gear... lol

Cross-Realm Raid FinderWe have some plans. They're good plans.Does that mean 4.3 is going to be adding a raid finder feature just like the dungeon finder?

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Luck of the Draw buff, deal with it.
    Threat buff. Deal with it.

did anyone notice they were taking less damage from the tornadoes on the bird boss?

Quote Originally Posted by theniffrig View Post
    Cross-Realm Raid FinderWe have some plans. They're good plans.Does that mean 4.3 is going to be adding a raid finder feature just like the dungeon finder?
    Sounds like it. Not sure how well it will work. I can see a lot of kicking happening before raids even begin to pull the 1st boss.

I know that Normal raids are designed for "baddies" but nerfing after 7weeks and 2 of the most killed bosses? people pug 5/6 normal on my realm already and if they get the same people for 2weeks they even kill shannox on heroic. Ok with the changes for heroic since there wasn't any threat increase for the 1 tank on Majordomo HC while dps gets 100% dps increase, it just made sense to do this. As for making Baleroc allways use inferno blade first? don't see how this could be a major issue unless the tank didn't get 260k+ before the first blade, haven't run into this issue myself so. Also i hope the ryolith changes are for normal since it's already quite simple once you know how to actually do the fight correct on heroic.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    What does the Majordomo change mean?
    People do more damage over the course of the fight the longer they don't take damage. Which means the tank doesn't benefit. This ensures DPS won't accidentally out-threat the tank.

I knew cross realm raids were coming back in 2009.

http://everythingoverpowered.blogspo...ow-110409.html
    Last edited by Naix; 2011-08-17 at 07:44 PM.

I posted this story in another thread - but thought It would be great to share with everybody here:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post12768924[HR]

Edit: Bah... horrible formatting for comments.

Click on the link instead - it's a short funny story talking about the new patch.

Patch 4.4: You can damage a target 5min before the Tank even logins into the game. Lawl

I posted this story in another thread - but thought It would be great to share with everybody here:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/959566-A-short-story-to-accompany-the-new-patch-news...?p=12768924#post12768924

The young Nefarian wakes up this morning...

Gets out of bed

Walks over and brushes his teeth

Sits down at his throne

Krixix the goblin element shaper hands him a golden platter

On the Golden Platter is a plate containing eggs, hash browns, lightly buttered toast... and a Newspaper.

Nef slowly eats his eggs...

"So, anything interesting going on today Krix?"

Krixix shifts uncomfortably...

"...n...nothing much m'lord Nefarian."

Nefarian eyes him suspiciously

"Is that so Krix? You seem... troubled..."

"It's nothing m'lord..." Krix stammers "...may I go back to my duties?"

Nefarian again eyes him suspiciously

"Very well... be gone from my sight".

Relieved... Kirixix says "Thank you!" and rushes off.

Out the Door Kirixix met by Broodlord Lashslayer

"Has he found out yet?" the Broodlord whispers

Kirixix says "Not yet... I just managed to get out before!"

"Good call" Broodlord stammers on "Lets get moving before he finds out..."

Back in the throne room, Nefarian finishes his breakfast and is quietly sipping his cup of joe

He reaches down and picks up the newspaper

"Well then" Says Nef "What's in today's news..."

As he reads the paper, he takes another sip of his coffee...

...he gets halfway through when he spits out the entire contents all over the throne room.

"WHAAAAAAT!?!!" he shouts, looking back at what he read. "This cant be! Does that mean..."

A sound that is similar to thunder is heard across the searing gorge.

"No..." Nefarian says, as he drops the paper and slowly walks to the edge of his balcony

Nefarian stares across the landscape in utter disbelief

"No..." he utters

Horses thundering across the ground

"....No..." he utters again...

The skies blackened with winged creatures...

"....Nononono....!!!" he panics

The glint of a thousand tiny daggers catches the sun's rays

"....NooooOOOOOOOO!!!" he finally screams, throwing his fists up in the air

In his view, we see a vast stampede. Armed with sharpened daggers and wills of steel - an ocean of Rogues descends upon Blackwing Lair.

Forget about the Hour of Twilight...

...for the Hour of Bloodfang Rogues has begun.

Why did you post this crybaby comic Boub? Tanks are the only type that often have the sole role of positioning. They still have rotations. They still have cooldowns (for both utility and mitigation). The positioning aspect still makes their work more involved than DPS and now tied with healers.

Quote Originally Posted by jotixel View Post
    Realy? Just did BH25 6 PVP items droped... Bad bad liars
    Me too, 25man BH, 6 pvp drops.
    He may have come into possession of more pve gear, shame he forgot where he keeps it.
    Last edited by Hatredsheart; 2011-08-17 at 04:24 PM.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    The Grab Bag dropped by all Firelands bosses should now occasionally contain Crystallized Firestones in Heroic difficulty. Grab Bags ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reposting squee666's comment for those still wondering:

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    To Clarify *Grab-Bag* Means Shared Loot Tables. Meaning on HC Shared Loot can Now contain a Crystal
    So basically, getting a Crystallized Fire in order to trade up an eligible item will be slightly easier to obtain.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duntix View Post
    I call bollocks on this. He was already extremely easy it took my guild all of around 8 wipes to down him. And none of us had any heroic gear and we are by no means amazing(40+ wipes on alysrazor to kill her). This is going to make our progression nights go faster now I guess.
    Easy is relative. I know it took my guild dozens of wipes -- including bugged attempts -- before my fellow guildies were finally able to down him on 10-man on Sunday. If we can manage to get Rhyolith and Baelroc on farm, we'll be looking towards spending a lot of time on the birdie next. /wrist
    Last edited by Alayea; 2011-08-17 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Typo
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The nerf to Rhyolith normal was needed. With your average raiding guild (that has no heroic T11 gear, some MF items, and/or T1/T2 heroics stuff), Rhyolith was a lot harder than he ought to have been, particularly on 10-man.
    We did an alt run to 10man with some ridiculous bad alts (rogue with 333ilvl mainhand) and had absolutely no problems on this boss. Actually officer driving Ryolith found it way easier to do than on 25man.

I like the subtle touches that NerfNow always puts in the background. The DPS queue going through a crumbling hole in the wall while the tank queue is a red carpet that leads to a golden elevator. Hilarious.