Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy priest trinket discussion

What is your trinket choice for holy priest? Myself, im going with hc fiery q + shard of woe. And im not going to change em, woes haste is very useful

I am currently using Fiery Q and Tsunami.

At first I was unsure about the usefulness of the Fiery Q, but I realized how short the cooldown is compared to the 25 seconds of usage, the big chunk of Intellect is quite awesome. Now I just need to remember to pop it every minute.
    Last edited by Penric; 2011-08-17 at 11:12 AM.

Tsunami because it's still epicsauce. And since I never got a shard of woe or a fall of mortality, I'm still running around with a cheap mandala. It's not so bad for regen, but pretty bad for throughput.

I still use the Tsunami and and the doll from archeology. I won't have access to shard of woe anytime soon :/
    For the moment I really need 2 regen trinkets...

I just got Eye of Blazing power last night, will try it out and see if the "Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to instantly heal the most injured nearby party member for 13984 to 16251." is that useful compared to say Tsunami for example.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shard of Woe + Jaws of Defeat HC. I really wouldn't use Fiery Quintessence. Use your Tsunami instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Shard of Woe + Jaws of Defeat HC. I really wouldn't use Fiery Quintessence. Use your Tsunami instead.
    Fiery seems quite nice in fights where there are short phases with lots of burst damage (Baleroc Decimation Blade, Lord Ryolith Second Phase, Alysrazor post-burn phase)
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pointless to have on-demand Intellect and passive spirit, when you have the same amount of spirit, with 321 Intellect passively.

Yep, I agree. I'm currently using Tsunami and Alchemy Stone.
    For fights that require it, I sub out the stone for the vendor Moonwell Chalice. Works really well on Domo.

I can't justify losing that much passive Int. The tradeoff stinks, imo.

jaw of defeat+tsunami or fquint+tsunami?
    what seems better for holy?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO, Quintessence sucks. Stick with your Tsunami and Fall of Mortality/Core of Ripeness if you can't get your hands on a Jaws of Defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sssamppa View Post
    hc fiery q
    There is no Heroic Fiery Quintessence.

And Fiery Quintessence is not "useless" or "sucks", it's quite useful if you time the on-use right. Use it for high damage or Shadowfiend and you win.

Currently running H Jaws + H FoM, getting shard hopefully next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Timing FQ with fiend doesn't really make it good, it just helps compensate for the lack of static int. You get something like 20k extra mana from the proc, so fiend will give you around 6-7k extra mana. You start with 5k less mana at the beginning of the fight from missing the passive int so these pretty much knock each other out. I guess if you are fiending multiple times on a fight it might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuga View Post
    Timing FQ with fiend doesn't really make it good, it just helps compensate for the lack of static int. You get something like 20k extra mana from the proc, so fiend will give you around 6-7k extra mana. You start with 5k less mana at the beginning of the fight from missing the passive int so these pretty much knock each other out. I guess if you are fiending multiple times on a fight it might be worth it.
    Well, seeing how much Firelands is based around burst healing and CD usage, FQ works out quite well with Holy's lack of a proper raid healing CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    It's pointless to have on-demand Intellect and passive spirit, when you have the same amount of spirit, with 321 Intellect passively.
    Id rather be able to throttle my hps when it really matters than have passive intellect when it doesn't matter.

As for me, I'll be using heroic fall and quintessece.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by sssamppa View Post
    What is your trinket choice for holy priest? Myself, im going with hc fiery q + shard of woe. And im not going to change em, woes haste is very useful
    nvm my first post, after sometherorycrafting and lucky in loot council im goin with shard of woe and HC Jaws of defeat

I am using atm Tsunami & the archy doll, which is like ½ a mana potion every minute (just have to remember to use it^^). Before I got the archy doll (which is kind of new) I had Fall of Mortality, but must say that it doesn't proc that often for me..

I am still hoping that Eye of Blazing Power will dropp, just to try it out. As I am very often close to some ppl, so it might be usefull to have a 2nd heal going out in between.
    I am tbh not really much interested in Jaws of Defeat (will go to the resto Druid in raid when it dropps.. )
    And about Fiery Quintessence.. I am not a big fan of used int effects. As I have already Power Torrent & Lightweave on my back = 2 procs of int. There I prefere to have constant higher spirit or some mana regain when I want/need it.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are most of you that interested in Jaws of Defeat? Just for the static Int? The use effect is hardly beneficial for holy unless you actually waste mana to stack the mana reduce. Tsunami will provide a little less Int but more Regen overall. So, can anyone explain why the interest in Jaws?
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

trinkets

Currently i'm using the Tsunami Card and the Fiery Quintessence. I don't have a shard of woe right now and neither of the healing trinkets have dropped for me yet in firelands. I like the passive spirit on the Fiery Quintessence since I dropped my 4piece t-11 for the 2piece t-12. Also since im a blood elf I have arcane torrent which gives me a percentage of mana. so i pop them at the same time and try to line it up with power torrent.

atm i have core + fiery quint but i noticed that I can't on-use both trinkets at same time, must use them one at time. This happens with every 2x on-use trinkets?