never played diablo before is it like wow if so will it ruin it

so i play wow and never played diablo and was wondering since its by blizz would it be only diablo or wow, and do they play the same etc.

Eh, wot?

I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Lol. They are different genres. Why would 1 game ruin another?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I quite don't understand what you said. D3 is not the same as WoW but there are some aspects of it that are similar to WoW such as item hunting, blah blah blah everything that all rpg games have.

The two games play different. Diablo to me is more of a single player game with some MMO aspects. there are no arenas or battle grounds, only 8 people are allowed in the same game at a time, and theres no AH so tradeing is kind of a pain. But theres toons of positives as well. the story is great and the game is fun to play, and you dont have to log on every day...or at certain times every week to raid, you just play when you want to. i started playing a few weeks ago after not playing for about 4 years and its a nice change of pace. When D3 comes out i'll be switching to that full time and saying bye bye to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never played diablo, but I'm confused about something. It's not an mmo right? If it's not, then how will the AH be a big factor? Do you encounter other players while out there in the world? Are there group bosses, dungeons, etc? Pvp?

Deleted
    what is this i dont even...

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I've never played diablo, but I'm confused about something. It's not an mmo right? If it's not, then how will the AH be a big factor? Do you encounter other players while out there in the world? Are there group bosses, dungeons, etc? Pvp?
    It's not an MMO in the sense like WoW, but it's an MMO in that you can go online and find other players, and find the AH.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is totally different, let's just leave it at that.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

How in the holy blue hell have you never played Diablo?!!?! BLASPHEMY!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

Theres different servers, when you log in you can go into different channels (for example PVP or Trading, or lounge) and talk to everyone else logged into the server. When you join a game only a total of 8 other people can join it. You can complete everything solo by making your own game and putting a password on it, or you can make it a public game and the mosters become harder as more people join. Theres no dungeons like in WoW but theres end bosses in each of the 5 acts. people run these bossses over and over to find gear or gain exp to level up.

The easiest way to think of it for me, honestly, is like a regular online console game. You can make games on B.net, other people can join those games and help you kill stuff. The AH lets you buy new weapons/armor from other players that they have got in their games. The single-player game and the multi-player game are basically exact copies of each other, just scaled up. There's no persistent world involved, so it isn't really an MMO. It's just an ARPG where the major focus is multiplayer.

(The AH, obviously, only applies to D3.)

The AH won't be a big factor because it isn't a true MMO. Everyone complaining over it is overreacting and will feel silly once they see how it plays out. You do see other people but as said earlier there are only a few people on per server and if you are all doing your own thing you might not see them. There are group bosses, at the end of my D2 days all we did was kill Baal (or whoever was the end boss) over and over.

It got boring because unlike WoW where you grind different zones until you're max level, you instead farm the same boss over and over and over until your eyes bleed. I hope Diablo 3 changes it because I can see a lot of people who say they will quit WoW for it eventually returning.

Diablo 2 is a game in which you create a world which can hold up to 8 players
    however anyone in your server can join with the requirement of Ladder or nonladder and Hardcore and softcore.

players usually hang out chats of battle net.
    AH will mostly help us by just looking at the house to find items instead of making 'worlds' for looking items or other traders

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!