Deleted

I start feeling disappointed about mage this patch

I was doing Alysrazor yesterday and this bug hit me:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2957166130

And I was thinking. We only get one fight this patch that gives us a chance to top the meters, and even that is very stressing and it doesn't allow mistakes and now it bugs on us?

OK I get it, you want to "punish" the mages for being a lot this patch but I think I heard something very intelligent by a good player in my guild:

"They are a lot because they play pvp in 85.". Yep, it is obvious we're filled with frost pvp mages as well, don't punish pve.

That bug has NOTHING whatsoever to do with being a mage...
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    That bug has NOTHING whatsoever to do with being a mage...
    ^^ This.

Also, it may just have been random good luck/RNG but after we had that happen a few times to people last night (it was always the people who flew that this happened to, not anyone else) we had everyone canceling the Wings of Flame buff after getting to the ground for the tornado phase and we didn't have an issue. But we killed it on the first pull where we tried that so it could just have been luck.

We two-shot Alys tonight and I wasn't cancelling my Wings of Flame buff except for when we came down to hide behind meteors, and I didn't notice this happening to any of our fliers on either attempt. I also always go for the very last ring she spawns before the Tornado phase, as well as playing on Oceanic latency, so it probably wasn't me getting to the ground quicker or anything.

I just noticed that the thread linked is two weeks old, and I can't recall this happening to us at all.

Even if it is happening, I would have to agree with Spleen, in saying that it has absolutely nothing to do with mages, except for the fact that we like to fly about.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this have to do with being a mage? It happens to all classes and it happens because you're late coming down to the tornados.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanzina View Post
    it happens because you're late coming down to the tornados.
    Yes, it happens if you stay up in the air during that phase, but it also is bugged sometimes and kills people who are on the ground; yesterday I died after I'd been on the ground for at least 5 seconds and was only about 30 yards from the boss.