Thread: Finished Build

Finished Build

Hey guys, I finally finished my build and figured I would post some pictures. I'm pretty much done with it with the exception of a 2nd 6950 and an AM3+ motherboard but I'm waiting for the price to drop when the new cards some out later this year. Overall I'm very satisfied with the final product.

My mess of an area mid pin striping:

Top part of the case finished with pin stripe:

Front of case finished with pin stripe:

6950 goodness:

Oh yeah...you know what's about to happen:

Radiator and water block installed:

Leak test commence:

Lights out:

GPU and new PSU in:

Up and running:

The case is the NZXT Phantom for anyone wondering.

VERY nice build man. Good job, and congratz! I'm very much liking the white trim on the Phantom, gives it life. Same for the white LED strip.

** On a side note
    , I wanted to ask - how do you find the Astro A40s for the PC?

Deleted
    realy like the case/mods, btw, those LED's any XP with the red ones? kinda wanna use them for my case there is under construcktion (clickie clickie linkie)

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    realy like the case/mods, btw, those LED's any XP with the red ones? kinda wanna use them for my case there is under construcktion (clickie clickie linkie)
    Indeed they do have a red version.

2m(6.56 ft) kit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812170031

m(~3.25ft) kit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812170026

I
    f you have a full tower case and you want to wrap then around the entire inside then you'll want to grab the 2 meter kit.

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    VERY nice build man. Good job, and congratz! I'm very much liking the white trim on the Phantom, gives it life. Same for the white LED strip.

** On a side note
    , I wanted to ask - how do you find the Astro A40s for the PC?
    I actually just caught your side note haha, didn't see it at first. The Astro's work for every platform out of the box. I ordered the mixamp/headset together but if you buy the headset alone then its just like any other headset (though I STRONGLY recommend getting the mixamp for 7.1). If your motherboard/sound card has an optical input(S/PDIF) then you can buy an optical cable, hook it up to the mixamp and then plug in the usb cable to power the mixamp, then the headset plugs into the mixamp and you have yourself some lovely 7.1 surround sound.
    Last edited by Purplz; 2011-08-17 at 08:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    are you going to include the GPU in the loop eventually?

Also - gogo A40's
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    are you going to include the GPU in the loop eventually?

Also - gogo A40's
    Yeah, I'm waiting to get my second card then i'll buy another radiator and add them to the loop.