Thread: Signatures

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Signatures

Make them 100kb limit. Now, please.
    I've had this

one for quite a while now, which I'm quite fond of, but your script detected it as being over 50KB, which got me an infraction for some reason, like I'm in the same bucket with rapists and murderers.. I can't even resize it, because it has to update automatically from the armory through enjin.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

50kb is already too much. You may want to get in contact with them about doing some compression on their end or do it manually yourself. Maybe they offer some plainer styles that have a smaller filesize?

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say. 50kb does restrict me alot. I know it would be impractical to allow larger due to the sheer amount of posts in a single thread. The Sig I have now had a lot more detail originally and I got an infraction for it (I failed to notice the size allowance, just saw dimensions) I loved it before I had to strip it down.

Deleted
    Try using GIF or JPG for your signatures instead. PNG usually takes up more space than those formats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Try using GIF or JPG for your signatures instead. PNG usually takes up more space than those formats.
    I have no option on the Enjin site for that, as I hinted on the first post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Open it in MS paint, GIMP, or photoshop and save it as a different file format. You will lose the transparency if you don't have a .png file, but you can just make the background of the image #EBEAD1 and it will match perfectly to mmo-champ's background
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Open it in MS paint, GIMP, or photoshop and save it as a different file format. You will lose the transparency if you don't have a .png file, but you can just make the background of the image #EBEAD1 and it will match perfectly to mmo-champ's background
    Same issue as earlier; it won't update automatically unless it's the version hosted on the Enjin site.

Best I can suggest is to talk to Enjin and tell them that they're missing out on a huge potential market of people on our forum... but I don't know if they'd care.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the other guy said, will lose Transparency and I love using Transparency in graphics. Gives a great effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this isn't what your asking for, but my signature basically does what you do, except you have to manually update it, but to let people know you aren't rofloutdated it has a date for when you earned your " Latest achievement earned, plus it takes 2 min to update yourself, and since i haven't been infracted yet, i'm fairly sure its under 50kb ( confirmation please? )

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for double post, but:

I've seemed to of found a way to reduce file format sizes using PNG-18 (Not 24, that's too much) without losing quality.
    I can't put a definate on what I done, because frankly I pressed a few stuff while watching document size.

When I've got a sure-fire fix, I'll post it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I know this isn't what your asking for, but my signature basically does what you do, except you have to manually update it, but to let people know you aren't rofloutdated it has a date for when you earned your " Latest achievement earned, plus it takes 2 min to update yourself, and since i haven't been infracted yet, i'm fairly sure its under 50kb ( confirmation please? )
    Your whole sig... Pic and alt combined comes to: like 49.80 or summat. So just under. And 20px under height restriction.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    You can add the background colour of MMO-Champion and it will look transparent?
    I use the same sig for different sites. My guild site is a dark blue atm, which is why it's lightly coloured with transparency.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    You're very slightly over the width requirement, and it would be nice if you moved the quote under the pictures, but otherwise you're okay.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Make them 100kb limit. Now, please.
    I've had this

one for quite a while now, which I'm quite fond of, but your script detected it as being over 50KB, which got me an infraction for some reason, like I'm in the same bucket with rapists and murderers.. I can't even resize it, because it has to update automatically from the armory through enjin.

I've had very little problems with the limit, you just need to learn how to do proper signatures. I use ImageReady.
    This sig is 45kb's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treebody View Post
    As the other guy said, will lose Transparency and I love using Transparency in graphics. Gives a great effect.
    GIFs have transparency, just not opacity, as it's only 1 bit transparency. But they do fine in most situations.

Someday compuserve will call in its copyright on gifs, and the internet will implode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treebody View Post
    As the other guy said, you can create transparent GIFs or use the forum background color to fake transparency/opacity. *points at avatar*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    50kb is already too much. You may want to get in contact with them about doing some compression on their end or do it manually yourself. Maybe they offer some plainer styles that have a smaller filesize?
    Thanks anyway chaud.

Considering the number of posters, a small increase in the allowed sizes can make a huge difference for the good folks at MMO Champ. Also, remind me to stay away from the rapist and murderer bucket.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad there aren't large animated gifs running around, saves alot of headache.

10+ Year Old Account
    This website loads slow enough for me at times. Allowing bigger files will just make it worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the other guy said, you can create transparent GIFs or use the forum background color to fake transparency/opacity. *points at avatar*
    As I said, I use the same sig for different websites. And regarding the format, I've never had much luck with quality when using GIF's. I actually tried it with my current and it gave me horrible pixelated edges.