Question Holy Paladin Questing?

Recently, healing is what I've been enjoying doing the most on my Paladin. I want to make that character a dedicated healer, with one Holy spec for PvP and another for PvE. The problem is, from what I've seen so far, actually killing stuff. Even if it's just level 83 Gyreworms for the Deepholm dailies, it's painfully slow. I either have to melee+judge+shock the mob to death over a long time while WoGing my health back up, or spam Exorcism with Inquisition and run out of mana really quickly (specially if I'm up against more than one mob).

I made a thread on the Shaman forums recently, asking them how do they fare questing as Restoration. You know, doing dailies and the occasional free epic gear giveaway (read: the Thrall quests). Turns out, I forgot to ask Paladins about how they do it.

So, how do you Holy Paladins do your dailies? Any tips? Anything I'm missing out on? Having a Ret or Prot offspec isn't an option here, although I suppose I could rework my PvP spec to add some more damage potential. What specs do you use?

10+ Year Old Account
    As Prot, it's terrible as well, but doing it as holy is a real pain. Holy DPS is in a really pathetic state at the moment, in previous expansions I always did dailies and levelling as Holy now it's simply too painful to bother.

Deleted
    You pretty much have to suck it up and accept it takes a long time, I use my holy power for inquisition, pop wings and spam exorcism with shock and judgements (my pvp spec so i have denounce).

Thrall cloak questline is hoooooorrible as holy

I either, spam chat with "LF someone do group up with for dailies, I'm a healer" or If I HAVE to I will go Prot, sure it takes little while but it is definitely faster then Holy. Currently working on a Ret set so I can do my dailies in a timely manner. Really wish I could have a 3rd spec, since I use main spec for Prot(quick weekly valor cap since I don't do PVE other then that mostly), off-spec is Holy for PVP.
    Last edited by LethalAim; 2011-08-17 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the whole vanilla + tbc + wotlk quest leveling as holy. Then the double spec came out, i rolled the secondary as ret, and since i never did a single quest as holy again

In a few dayes im (hopefully) done with the dailies in MH and im gonna roll the second spec back to holy pvp again, since im prolly not gonna bother with quests anymore for a looooooooong time

If i look back now, and i think about the quests i did as holy, i feel a strange pain :P

Pick up Denounce in your pvp spec, and you will be fine. Or find a partner to do dailies with. I have a bf that plays a rogue, which helps. When he's not around, there are some dailies you can sorta tweak to work better... for example, on the molten front, you can pull mobs back to the npcs and they will do a lot of the killing for you.

Denounce makes it perfectly fine to quest. Killing mobs with 150k HP can sometimes be a hassle, but overall it doesn't take too much more time to quest. On the other hand, many pvp specs don't utilize this talent at all because its very comp specific so respeccing just to quest might not be worth it.

Well, this certainly doesn't look very encouraging.

I really want to give my Paladin one last chance, though, since leveling a new Shaman all the way to 85 would take a lot of work I'm not sure I feel like putting into it. Also, Paladin healing is just plain fun. So I'll pick up Denounce (I don't do arenas so my PvP spec can probably afford it) and start using my cooldowns liberally while going solo. Maybe that'll be enough to slog through dailies without wanting to perform harakiri. :P

Thanks, folks!

Leveling as holy was supposed to be easier in cataclysm, it was one of blizzard's "goals". Unfortunately as you can see they failed at it, and it's causing issues in PvP as well. We as holy paladins can't apply any sort of pressure and have very little CC, and what we do have is on quite a long CD.