so, no more War of the Ancients raid?
Too soon... OK, Cataclysm have a HUGE content pre-60, but the sensation they kind of left behind, and rushed the 80-85 content is solid. Cataclysm had the potential to reach 4.5 easily. SO why not? A near-sighted business evaluation, where they have to compare sizes of game sells (see what I have done here?), instead of the plain net-worth of the company? Still the Ebonsteel Belt Buckle gave expectations of gear nearing 500, and we are more then 100 ilvls away from that.
And yes, here's a good example of blizzard "talking" with their players. "Oh, you guys want new content? Here's a bunch of recycled old instances and item models, enjoy". Get over it kid. The game's coming to an end, enjoy what's left of it with the your fellow heard of sheeple. One day it'll sink in that you yourself have destroyed your favorite game, and not those that were paying for years, were upset how things were going, and left once they realized blizzard doesn't care about their players. They're not the blizzard of old. They're Bobby Kotick's blizzard now.
Rushing patches for the moneys... and xpacs....
1. Where exactly did you get the number of 5-6 million subscribers? Last I heard, it was at 11 million. Which is STILL far more than any other MMO out there. I know you WoW doomsayers just love to express how happy you are whenever WoW loses another subscriber or two, but they went into Cata with about 11 million. Cata bumped it up to 12, a lot of which I'm sure were people coming back for a little while to see what's new. Expansions always have a temporary bump, followed by a dropoff as people leave again. It wasn't a permanent thing anyway.
2. I'm just gonna throw this out here. How many developers focus almost entirely on the PC? Just like you said, Valve and Blizz. But you could say the same sort of thing about Valve, to be honest. Look at the item store in TF2 (or Portal 2 as well, never thought I'd see that). They're both companies, they both try to maximize profits. And again, Activision DOESN'T have any hand in Blizzard. Blizzard is completely independent, their decisions are theirs and theirs alone.
3. Now that I know where this whole "A-team" business got started, I get to correct you on that too! The only reason that rumor got started was because of a blog post talking about one of the Blizz devs moving from WoW to Titan, then insinuating that it meant the top devs were being moved from one project to the other. No facts save for the first, just conjecture. Then all of you doomsayers took that as Word of God and proceeded to flail on your keyboards about how everyone's leaving WoW for dead.
It was OPINION. A blog post from someone who doesn't even work at Blizz. Just as he couldn't be sure what goes on behind the scenes at Blizz, neither can you. Fact is, at any dev with multiple projects, it's not uncommon for devs to move between projects. Hell, I would bet that there's a dev who used to work on Titan who's back on WoW again. No company has an "A-team" or a "B-team," primarily because anyone who found out they were on the "B-team" wouldn't work there anymore. Not good for morale, see?
(And on a side note, if you're gonna make claims, back them up with actual facts, hm? Like I did, up there, see?)
4. Just gonna throw this one in for good measure: Take a chill pill, for the love of all that is holy. You CLEARLY don't play WoW anymore (and if you do, I'm gonna laugh), so none of this affects you. Stop bashing on your keyboard, calling people moronic, and spreading your hatred of everything Blizzard all over these forums. You have a right to an opinion, just like everyone else. You do NOT have a right to spread it around as fact, then insult anyone who disagrees with you.
You are everything wrong with the internet. Good day.
In my personal opinion... you shouldn't be given the opportunity to just change the appearance of the gear so it looks like some older content gear. It should stay the same basic gear as the gear normally is... but in saying this they should have implemented this years ago, where you could manipulate color schemes. Like a primary, secondary, and tertiary color that you are able to customize and change to whatever you want. This would not only make the player base happy, it would also provide something much needed for inscription. Seeings how essentially the profession is dead every expansion after people can get better trinkets than the ones made, glyphs are bought on a 1 time basis now, and nothing else is worth making for profit; they could be given the opportunity to make dyes and such. Of course some dyes would cost more than others and whatnot, they can figure all that out themselves. Shit RIFT, which has been out for less than a year has already implemented this service to their player base. It i also a booming moneymaker. Take a hint Blizz...
According to Kotaku: "The Deathwing
fight will be the most epic boss
encounter to date, including a battle
phase that takes place on the
massive dragon's back as he flies
through the sky."
Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann
1. 12million users does not mean "12 million paying monthly subscribers".
2. Mike Morhaime or however you spell it directly reports to Bobby Kotick. There is direct correlation between WoW's quality and focus decline soon after the merger.
3. Blizzard themselves have said it in articles which I deleted the link from my bookmarks as it was used so much I thought people all knew this by now. Blizzard themselves said "Our veterans that made WoW moved onto Titan, but we left WoW in the hands of people that have been working on it for 6months-1yr". This means the people that long worked on WoW left to work on Titan, and there's newer people on WoW now, simple hey?
4. Other people STARTED calling me names first, go at them bro instead, or are you on their side since they attacked me first?
Your closing is indicative of your stance and inability to look at things balanced and rationally though. GG sheeple. Thanks for ruining my old favorite game.
Damn it would be cool if them make this patch something realy different from previous patches, maybe will buy a game card then Maybe them need to include something totaly new what ppl have never seen, trans modi modifier is a god start.
This sucks.The developers are considering whether they should only allow using the models of equipment that has already been obtained.Gems and enchantments lost? That also sucks.Void Storage * The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank. * It will hold 100-150 items. Anything stored there will lose all gems and enchantments.
I dont think we would've got shit like Trial of the Crusader or ZA/ZG if Blizz wouldnt sell out.
liking the idea of void storage...hopefully it'll be for any type (white, green, blue, or purple) and wont cost a arm and leg.
with the transmogrifier...too bad about being the same armor class and not what your class can use...but its still cool.
Good chance the War of the Ancients dungeon will just be that part where Mal, Brox, and I believe Rhonin or Krasus all go into Deathwing's lair to retrieve the Demon Soul. So I'm expecting no view of the former Night Elf capital or any cameos from the high ranking demons. I was really looking forward to flying over the Well of Eternity to see Sargeras fall back into the Twisting Nether or wherever it was that he went to after the portal was closed. A very much lost opportunity.
He's climbin' in your Deepholme
Burnin' yo people up
Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
Cause he burnin' erbody out there