Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    Stop it. You're making an ass of yourself. To prove it, a numbered list! Because they're fun.

1. Where exactly did you get the number of 5-6 million subscribers? Last I heard, it was at 11 million. Which is STILL far more than any other MMO out there. I know you WoW doomsayers just love to express how happy you are whenever WoW loses another subscriber or two, but they went into Cata with about 11 million. Cata bumped it up to 12, a lot of which I'm sure were people coming back for a little while to see what's new. Expansions always have a temporary bump, followed by a dropoff as people leave again. It wasn't a permanent thing anyway.

And where exactly did you get your number of "12 million". Warcraft reached its milestone, ie, the top number of subscribers during Wrath, NOT with Catyclysm. IF and thats a big IF they actually reached 12 million it would have made a big announcement, but I think thats highly unlikely that they reached that number. Granted 5-6 million may be low, but it doesnt discount that they have lost almost 1 million or more subscribers since Catyclysm, and this number is documented by many different blues and in many discussions that have gone on to talk about how they've lost 2 waves of subscribers in the 400-600 k per wave. Sometimes the frog needs to get out of the pot to see if its boiling to really see whats going on.

"(And on a side note, if you're gonna make claims, back them up with actual facts, hm? Like I did, up there, see?)"

I would suggest doing the same thing. Wow is in decline, take that however you will. Is it in permanent decline? Who's really to say. Depends on how much effort blizzard wants to put into the game. A lot of people. The poster is obviously upset over a game he cared about and is venting his anger in the only way he knows how. While I don't agree with all his comments, i do agree that the quality of wow in terms of playability has been compromised. Catyclysm has, so far, fallen far short in my book. On one hand Im counting the days till the next expac hoping its going to be better, but on the other Im dreading that its going to be either more of the same.

Deathwing raid makes sense to me. For those who think they are rushing it, remember it has just been announced, Firelands came out two months ago so it will be at least two more months til this raid would come out (if that soon, probably not cause they want people to farm the legendary I would think). WOTLK came out in November 2008 (11/08) and patch 3.3 with ICC came out December 2009 (12/09). It only took 13 months, and then it was out for a whole year of 12 months until Cata came out in 12/10. Especially due to all of the new features, I would imagine that it will take a few months to come out, and it will fairly follow this same pattern. Don't forget, they skipped one raid content patch and opted for the two troll heroics instead, which probably gave them extra time to also develop these new dungeons and raid. Also due to the fact that people are getting bored very quickly now and subscribers are dropping over time (not going up and down based on patch releases, I mean overall), they know they need to do something exciting and quick. For me, that explains the cosmetic change, which has been fought for for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    According to Kotaku: "The Deathwing
    fight will be the most epic boss
    encounter to date, including a battle
    phase that takes place on the
    massive dragon's back as he flies
    through the sky."
    In before Gunship 2.0

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Over 1 million monthly-subscribing players have left this game in the past 6 months, this number is against their 5-6m monthly subscription users. There's a problem, they know it, most of us know it, you're just being ignorantly bliss still.
    Blizzard still has approximately 11.6 million subscribers worldwide. It's only lost 900,000 since it just peaked before the launch of Cataclysm with 12.5 million subscribers. Not over 1 million.

And the number of leaving players has decreased over the last six months, not increased. 600,000 left in the first quarter, only 300,000 left in the second quarter. Which means they're losing fewer subscribers now than they were before.

Now though, since they merged with Activision, the quality of the game has dropped significantly as they put the almighty dollar ahead of their players... They're not the blizzard of old. They're Bobby Kotick's blizzard now.
    I'm sorry, but you're just being ignorant.

Blizzard Entertainment did not merge with Activision. Vivendi Games is what was merged with Activision, and it was renamed Activision Blizzard after the merger.

Activision Blizzard is a holding company with two subsidiaries, Blizzard Entertainment and Activision, both of which are owned by Vivendi Universal.

Blizzard Entertainmet has always been owned by Vivendi. It is still owned by Vivendi. Activision is now also owned by Vivendi.

Also, FYI, an "Appearance Tab" has probably been the most requested feature in the Blizzard community for about 2-3 years now.

The next patch is also introducing three new dungeons and a new raid. In all of Burning Crusade's content patches they only released 3 raids and 1 instance, and patch 2.2 only had voice chat and nothing else.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2011-08-18 at 12:25 AM.

Deleted
    can u have legendarys on this or is it just epic items in the transmogrifier

At first I was excited about the Transmogrifier. I get to use my Warglaive while I tank! Then Blizz says Legendaries can't be used in the transmogrifier. Now I just don't give a damn about it. Back to using the bland 1h weapons Blizzard's art team provides me.

Deleted
    Lets say I use Bullwark of Azinoth to replace te model of another random shield. Will the Bullwark of Azinoth disapear completely? Or will I be able to keep it for future transmogrifications? It would really suck having to farm something a gazillion times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    2. Mike Morhaime or however you spell it directly reports to Bobby Kotick. There is direct correlation between WoW's quality and focus decline soon after the merger.
    I'm interested to see your statistical data that allowed you to discover this correlation. In my opinion, ever since the merge with VIVENDI GAMES (not Activision), the game has gotten better.

Sounds big. Really big. I doubt we'll see it before the end of this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    seems to be a horribly short xpac. not impressed
    First you don't know for a fact it'll be a short expansion, is it likely? Yes. Second why are you not impressed with a short expansion? What bothers you about it.

You know if Blizzard waits long to release next x-pack then people cry, if they do it fast then people cry... You see where this is going?

I do not really like this expansion, the sooner its over the better for me. At this point I would pay $40 just to have cataclysm go away.

It would be kind of pointless to put restrictions on the Transmogrifier if you ask me.

Some players have just picked up the game and started getting into it, meaning they will not have certain armor sets or items of old. Not to mention that some sets/items aren't even obtainable anymore [few sets, PVP and *original* T3 I think], so it seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of implementing the ability to change your armor's appearance, if you can only change the appearance of items that you've obtained in the past ....

Either way I'm really excited for this feature. Although like I said, if they add restrictions that they're talking about, it will totally take away from the whole point of even implementing the Transmogrifier.

Deathwing will be interesting. Too soon, perhaps. But I say "soon" and it could still take months for the patch to even arrive, but it's already being discussed. I just hope we're not forced to run 3 new heroics and the final Cataclysm raid for half a year until they release the next expansion.

My general feel for the 4.3 patch can be summed up as thus "Thats it?" Talk about a disappointing expansion. Heres to hoping its not three more dungeons that are just rehashed mechanics for the 284375938475th time! Because they can assure me all they want that it "wont" be. But yeah.. Im gonna have to see it to believe it. But I agree with jyuceboks. If we have to have the item to use the Transmogrifier then its kinda pointless to me. I really loved some of my older gear, but I just didn't have the space to store it and had to vendor it. Am I supposed to go back and refarm again just so my face doesnt look like a troll/giant piece of bark? Just let us make any gear look like any other piece of gear without restrictions. Then it doesnt matter how bad you make a piece of gear look we can change it to w/e suits our mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyuceboks View Post
    It would be kind of pointless to put restrictions on the Transmogrifier if you ask me.

Some players have just picked up the game and started getting into it, meaning they will not have certain armor sets or items of old. Not to mention that some sets/items aren't even obtainable anymore [few sets, PVP and *original* T3 I think], so it seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of implementing the ability to change your armor's appearance, if you can only change the appearance of items that you've obtained in the past ....

Either way I'm really excited for this feature. Although like I said, if they add restrictions that they're talking about, it will totally take away from the whole point of even implementing the Transmogrifier.

Deathwing will be interesting. Too soon, perhaps. But I say "soon" and it could still take months for the patch to even arrive, but it's already being discussed. I just hope we're not forced to run 3 new heroics and the final Cataclysm raid for half a year until they release the next expansion.
    You kidding? If they did it like you're suggesting all meaning in owning items would go away. I'm very proud of my collection of classic armor, if anyone could look like that I would be pissed, because then what's mine worth? I can look at the icons in the bank, nothing more.

Deleted
    Looking foward to shaman T2 again!