Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm hmm.. Sadface on cancelling Abbysal Maw... I love the Vash'jir storyline :-/ I want to know what happened with Neptulon, Ozumat...

Transmogrifier

I left WoW 6 months ago and started playing Lord Of The Rings Online, which has been using a Wardrobe system (a better system than this) for a long time. It's another great idea they're ripping from another MMO to try and claw people back.

I don't blame them. It's a fantastic idea. All they need to do now is do a bit of texture redesigning to allow for dyes, and have vendor bought (or even store-bought) cosmetic items that players can use to change their armor. High level players will have the best choice of equipment, but lower level players will be able to customise their characters to look less, erm...levelley. RPers are literally going to cream themselves.

It's a new feature that still doesn't save a well meaning but terribly implemented expansion though and it's still not enough to tempt me back. I find the community on LOTRO to be far friendlier and more helpful, and it's doing a lot of the stuff that WoW doesn't. Good thinking guys but for a lot of your lost subscriptions it's too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Well they promised us faster expansions that might be the reason.
    Half the content at double the cost!They actually said we'd get faster patches (ie more content) within the expansions. They lied to us in order to get us to buy a subpar piece of software.We've known from that "timeline document" though that they were going to have a new expansion out next year.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

where is account wide achievements tab? /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    translation incoming
    Bit late, don't you think :S
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    Ok, PvE gets alot of love, but what happed to PvP? Can you Transmogrifier the pvp gear? No new BG? No new arena? What the hell blizzard.
    So far all arenas added in WotLK and BGs added in WotLK and in Cata suck... I'd rather keep it the way it is I mean it's not like they're gonna come up with something absolutely new. It's just gonna be either reskin of something we already have or some retarded BG system / some RNG bullshit added into the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by velghus View Post
    I'm sorry if this sounds nubbish, but what exactly would the war of the ancients raid contain?
    thats a valid question.
    the war of the ancients was BIG, it took place across multiple places and was "kicked off" by the events surrounding the well of eternity.
    frankly if they ended up putting the whole thing in one instance(raid or dungeon) it would take hours to cover.
    if they split it up into multiple instances(yet again both dungeons or raids) it would be better.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-08-17 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vreid View Post
    "We're losing subscribers, do stuff, quick!"
    I wonder if they realize how retarded this plan is. Half the raiders are only here to finish off Deathwing. The faster they end the expansion the more subscribers they will lose.How many of you are really going to be willing to shell out $60 for a new "expansion" given how badly we've been ripped off in this one.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people complained that Wotlk was long, so they shorten this x-pack to compensate that, and now people are complaining its too short. It will be around 1 and a half years our before the next x-pack is out, do you really want to have a 2 year x-pack? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    where is account wide achievements tab? /facepalm
    That's never going to happen :/
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

About the Transmogrifier... I'm hoping I can change weapons too, my DK would do arenas in a fishing hat and dual wielding fishing poles, /win

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    They're getting rid of something that doesn't exist, yes.
    He knows it doesn't exist because he works for Blizzard and has seen their internal test servers. /eyeroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Idk, I really hated Trial of the Crusader... not sure if it would've been better without but it definitely was a design flaw.
    Thats a fair point. They made 1 room that they used for the entire instance other than the last boss which was just recycled character models/textures from a number of other places. They even made a 5 man that used the exact same room but you came in through the side door lol. I think that the content has gotten shittier and shittier since they got activision'd. It also speaks to why these "battle.net Account Bound" items cant be sent to other realms. Doesn't sound very account bound to me. I wasn't aware I had a different account on different servers. It would cut off a revenue stream of people who server transfer with that gear off of dying servers with low horde/ally populations. I never believed for a second that this Void Storage would be anything involving sending BoA gear. Probably time to find a new game.

Tanking Deathwing in my DK Starter Zone set: I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloem View Post
    Just sayin', the expansion price doesn't include future patches, nor does the subscription.
    what? you mad brah?

Deleted
    Yay for Priest raid Tier1 set!Noes for so soon deathwing raid ;

Deleted
    Unbelievably good news. 3 new 5 men dungeons? neat. Change our looks! neat! i'm a paladin so i'm sure every pala worth their salt will be in tier2 (lol), but amazing nevertheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock tier 5 incoming. Fuck yeah :>

Why are people bitching? Get hopefully an Epic Raid, 3 new dungeons and actual added in features like armor changing and a new storage. Blizzard cant seem to please anyone can they.. For years people bitched about look of armor or not being able to change it blah blah and they finally decide to something about it and people just complain. Though i was not expecting Deathwing so Early, i was totally expecting 4.4 to be deathwing.. That means incoming Expansion announcement this Blizzcon.. Oh and i dont know why people are saying rushed content if you read about the financial call 4.3 inst even sched to come out tell the end of the year i wouldn't really call that rushed..

Cool, lame, /care and AMAZING^2 at the same timeCool because I am dieing to see the CoT WotA instance, and the transmogrifier is something I wanted for a long timeLame, because I thought CoT WoTA would be a raid, like Hyjal, and because it seems this expac will only feature3 tiers, whereas, wotlk had 4 tier sets./care because I didn't give a crap about the abyssal mawAMAZING because I hated the idea of Deathwing being the main villain for 2 patches more, and this brings The new Expac closerAMAZING because this could also mean that like Ruby Sanctum, we might get another pre-expac patch but this does not have to focus on stupid* Deathwing and can thereby be a lot cooler. Perhaps, some titan lore, or Old God lore or just some Panda lore *Deathwing wasn't stupid untill this expac, before this expac he was evil, diabolical, cool, now he is just an ugly dragon who looks nothing like the cool art and who has too long and stupid speeches