Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's tradition, stop hating. You're just mad that you were second. :P
    No, I entirely agree. Saying, First is rediculously stupid and immature. No one cares and whoever started that shit, should be exiled IMO.
    Warrior For Life

Deleted
    Finally.. the ability to change the look of our gear!!! What sucks is that you'll have to 'own' the armor that you are stealing the looks from, so bloody sad that i disenchanted all my old sets -.-........

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Deathwing? Too soon

Too son for Deathwing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, we can finally put this Deathwing silliness behind us and move on to more interesting developments.I expect at least one full raid tier after Deathwing. Seconding N'Zoth, along with the gradual introduction of Pandaria lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    So excited, doing pvp in t5 priest gear is gonna be legendary. A raid and 3 new 5 mans? bring it on, can't wait. 100% pumped for this patch.

Only 3 tiers in Cata? This seems too soon to be hearing about the end tier.NO OLD GOD BOSSES? WTF BLIZZ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Release content faster"

"Deathwing too soon"

*head spinning*

This would've been nice to know before I vendored my wildheart set.

Hmm, not too sure what to make of this though ..Void Storage = awesome, but about the Transmogrifier - even though old tier sets are indeed epic, I'd rather loot something from a boss that is unique and tells the world "I downed ___ bad boy for this epic armor". I guess the amount of inspects might explode now: "So is he wearing the REAL T12 armor set or a T10/11/etc. transmogriffed to .. idk.. T2 paladin set or even worse a T12 set .. At least, I hope they make it so you have to have obtained the original item before you can transmogrif another item to that particular model

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reufio View Post
    There's no justification to think they won't continue to evolve gear...by your logic the new gear could simply make every player appear naked until they transmogrify it..
    Wait. In what way is anything past tier 2 and 3 an evolution of gear (with a few exceptions). You can't actually be serious.

Another disappointing day in WoW... So basically you just borrowed some ideas from other mmo's yet again... while adding nothing new.

http://kotaku.com/5831732/cataclysm-...-is-going-down

Here are some direct quotes from the kotaku article that went up a little bit ago.
    "We have a wealth of armor sets we created that people no longer use," said Tom Chilton, lead World of Warcraft game designer.
    Worse still, Chilton said, as players start to top out they begin to look very similar because many players seem to stick to the high level, epic gear.

The hope is that players will use transmogrification not just to mix and max their favorite armor, but that this new ability will encourage some players to go back through the game on the hunt for some of the armor they may have passed up because it was under-powered".

"Chilton said Blizzard hadn't added the ability before now because it comes with a shifting philosophy about how the company views their game. It used to be that high level characters looked like high level characters, he said. It was a point of distinction, but as more and more players have topped out it's become sort of the opposite and too many players look the same."

"Anything stored in the void is stripped of its enchantments and gems and the name of the person who crafted it, Chilton said. That's not a stripped tied to the lore of the game, rather a technical issue that makes this new storage system possible in the game."

"Finally, Chilton and Chris Metzen, vice president of creative development at Blizzard, explained a new feature coming with the patch called Raid Finder. The raid finder essentially operates like a dungeon finder, automating the search for fellow players on the hunt for a good raiding party. It will be built into the game's updated user interface when the patch hits, they said.

The bulk of the patch, though, will be a lot new content, Chilton said.

"it has a whole bunch of content," he said, "three dungeons for five player instances and a new raid instance culminating in the Deathwing fight."

This will be the last patch that includes new raid content for The Cataclysm expansion, Chilton said. But there will be another expansion, he added, he's just not ready to talk about it yet."
    Last edited by HeavensDemise; 2011-08-17 at 03:44 PM.

so lets count this out, for raids.

Classic WoW, all outdoor, 10, 20 and 40 mans included 73 bosses, you can even boil that down to 50 if you just count the Tier raids.
    BC, all outdoor, 10 and 25 mans included 52 bosses.
    WotLK, not counting heroics, had 53 bosses

Cata, not counting heroics, 21

that means if Deathwing really is the last boss of the expansion, and that if he truly is coming with 4.3, that in order to be on PAR with other expansions in terms of just numbers of baddies to kill, his raid will need roughly 30 bosses...

yeah.. no chance in hell.

if this is the end of cata with 4.3, then yes, it really has had the SMALLEST amount of content in a expansion to date, and that ultimately i think is what alot of ppl will be upset about.

also, am i going to be the only one who will just use transmogrify to make his belt match his tier? cause thats really my biggest issue most of the time, cool shadow priest tier set, belt that looks like the mages or warlocks

too soooon!

Quote Originally Posted by Teru View Post
    Only 3 tiers in Cata? This seems too soon to be hearing about the end tier.NO OLD GOD BOSSES? WTF BLIZZ?!
    Because the fact that Wrath had 4 tiers means that all expansions MUST be the same, even though vanilla and TBC only had 3?

Wrath had raid content that lasted 5 months, 4 months, and 4 months then 1 year of ICC hell. So far Cata will have T11 at 6.5 months, T12 will likely be about the same, then Deathwing for 6-8 months before the expansion. This feels almost perfect.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Storage is AWESOME, can't wait to free half my personal bank /love Transmogrifing is nice, but I would have preferred changing colors than complete skins.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    This will be the last patch that includes new raid content for The Cataclysm expansion, Chilton said. But there will be another expansion, he added, he's just not ready to talk about it yet."
    Well, this is rather big news and should be somewhere up on the front page.

So, no N'Zoth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodbye what is left of immersion.